GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,199
2 members and 2,197 guests
baanesspitty477, Mooch279

Old 01-30-2007, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunatartare View Post
He likes some of the old patterns, is a fan of the Miller, and thinks that Pink Elephants is adorable. I kid you not.
Hahaha. That's pretty awesome.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:56 PM

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

Yeah, I feel that about sums it up for the moment. Scared!
Old 01-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinChicaDDD View Post
Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

Yeah, I feel that about sums it up for the moment. Scared!
Do not settle for anything but the best...and I'm sure the other Cara would agree.

(I do have to chuckle at the fact that you're now #2 on his MySpace, though)

BE CAREFUL.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
The guy I went out with 2 months ago just told me he would like to see me again.

I'm tempted to just reply saying "Hope you can make it to the next convention" and hope that he understands what I am implying by this.

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 01-31-2007, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
The guy I went out with 2 months ago just told me he would like to see me again.

I'm tempted to just reply saying "Hope you can make it to the next convention" and hope that he understands what I am implying by this.
I don't get what you're implying by this, so I doubt he will. You should be more blunt with him.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
What I am implying:

"I hope to see you at the next anime convention just like I look forward to seeing the rest of my friends".

In other words:

"I want to be just friends. I have realized that I am not feeling the necessary spark that distinguishes romantic relationships from all other human relations. But there is nothing wrong with you- on the contrary. However, we work best as friends".

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 01-31-2007, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, I totally did not get that. I would just skip over all that and go to the part where you say "we work best as friends."
Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

or dont reply back at all. and if you do see him at this convention, just say hi and K.I.M.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What I am implying:

"I hope to see you at the next anime convention just like I look forward to seeing the rest of my friends".

In other words:

"I want to be just friends. I have realized that I am not feeling the necessary spark that distinguishes romantic relationships from all other human relations. But there is nothing wrong with you- on the contrary. However, we work best as friends".
Okay, don't do this. Men are thick. They always say what they mean and he won't take from it what you wish he will. Just tell him outright and don't be vague.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 02-01-2007, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What I am implying:

In other words:

Yeah... saying "I hope to see you at convention" does not logically imply "I have realized I am not feeling the necessary spark that distinguishes romantic relationships from all other human relations."

Just suck it up and tell him that you just want to be friends, as much as you don't want to hurt his feelings. Men prefer blunt and simple explanations and you'll be doing him a favor in the long run if you're just straight with him.

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 02-01-2007, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532 View Post
Okay, don't do this. Men are thick. They always say what they mean and he won't take from it what you wish he will. Just tell him outright and don't be vague.
Hints guys take:

"I want to have sex with you."

"I don't want to have sex with you." (Although sometimes misconstrued as "I don't want to have sex with you RIGHT NOW, ask me again later.")

Other then that, you better say EXACTLY what you mean.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532 View Post
Yeah I had a great experience with this one. I went out on one date with this guy a few years back and it was an awful date so when he called a few days later to ask me out again I told him that I didnt think another date would happen because I felt we were on different pages. He replied with "Honesty in a girl really turns me on."

DUDE, I'm telling you I dont want to go out with you again and you're telling me that what I just said made you want me even more?!?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Unregistered-

SQUEEEEEEE!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Boy got me tix to see Paula Deen this weekend
Plus we're doing some more apt shopping

too bad i still need to find a job so i can move down to where he is
Old 02-08-2007, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

so my aunt is in the early stages of wedding planning. sounds great right?

top 5 reasons why im against it:
5. the colors are seafoam green and gold (luckily im not in the wedding party but barf)
4. she is broke as a joke and is cutting corners in ways she shouldnt be (ie. expecting people to do "favors" like make her wedding dress, be the photographer, and "have her friend make a mix CD so she wont have to pay a band" WTF! making a dress is no small feat, and whoever is willing to do it for free must have lots of time and money. just because someone owns a digital camers does NOT make them a photographer, and a mix CD? yeah, 1998 is calling... and thats just tacky. and dont get me started on bringing tinfoil dishes)
3. she plans on inviting 150 guests, most of who are family members we havent seen in years and have assloads of children (sorry, i dont think children under like 12 should be at weddings, especially if youre trying to save $$. theyre not going to remember or care).
2. she's "hoping" that my mother (her "wedding planner") will "chip in" with the cost of the catering hall (shyte, yeah right)
1. ... she doesn't have an engagement ring because... surprise! the guy she's with (for less than a year mind you) had NO IDEA what's going on! her reasoning being "well, he's still going through stuff with is divorce so i dont want to bother him with this stuff." ummmmmmmm are you going to blindfold him the day of, give his an address and say "wear something nice?"

WEDDINGS SHOULD NOT BE SURPRISE PARTIES!

ok im done.