GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,464
0 members and 1,464 guests
No Members online

Old 01-21-2004, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Did anyone see the Korean rapper? My future sister-in-law informed me that he is her friend's ex-boyfriend, and that he is actually a really good singer. So I asked why he decided to rap instead of sing, and she said he more than likely didn't think he'd make it till the end anyway, so he just did something to ensure he'd get on TV.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-21-2004, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
They had Andrew (i think...) on the morning show at 107.9 today. He is the guy from Florida that cried after his audition and said he was like top tier singing and whatnot... sang a messed up version of sweet home alambama? ring bells?

Yah he was singing on the radio station today too. He sounded a little better but still nothing compared to a 'typical judges pick.' But (surprise) he taught himself to sing.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I liked the guy who serenaded Paula. He is hot! Oh yeah and he sounds good, too.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I would like to preface this by saying that I do not care about American Idol AT ALL and the only reason I watched is because Kath made me.

I really really really hated the scooter girl. Massive attention whore. And they were so clearly trying to make us like her, too.

My favorite so far is the one that Simon said had the best smile.

I know we're supposed to laugh at the bad people but I just get really embarassed for them.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
I liked the guy who serenaded Paula. He is hot! Oh yeah and he sounds good, too.
Yay!! I was hoping someone would mention him!! Does anyone remember his name? I just remember it was Alan. He is a sexy, sexy man. I would like to make babies with him.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

What blows me away is that these people actually believe they are GOOD! I mean, who has been telling them this...their MOTHER?!?

Looks like we have another goat girl. To be honest, I like country and her "twang" didn't sound all that bad for an "almost 17 year old girl." I am so tired of hearing all these vocal runs, like the judges said, just stick tio the melody...
Old 01-22-2004, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I liked the tall pale red-head who did the Dean Martin thing and then did "The Way You Look Tonight"... hope to see more of him, he was GOOD!

Also liked the hottie who sang "Bridge Over Troubled Water"
Old 01-26-2004, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice

I really really really hated the scooter girl. Massive attention whore. And they were so clearly trying to make us like her, too.
Yeah, that girl actually lived in the same dorm as me freshman year, and attention whore is an understatement for her. That girl was annoying to the Nth power!!! Plus she's pretty disturbed...there are other reasons she had to leave school for 2 years besides the anorexia problems... Anyways, good voice but I don't think she can win, A. She's more of a music theater person and B. She's waaaay too mentally unstable
Old 01-26-2004, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: having a sit sit while lusting after Olympic swimmers
Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
I know we're supposed to laugh at the bad people but I just get really embarassed for them.
oh i feel the same way! i usually don' laugh at them - i cringe for them and feel embarrassed for them b/c i know most people will just laugh in their faces
Old 01-28-2004, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

So far-not impressed AT ALL!

Maybe when they work with some coaches...
Old 01-28-2004, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom
So far-not impressed AT ALL!

Maybe when they work with some coaches...
Me, neither. They all seem pretty blah.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Unregistered-

I can't wait for tomorrow's episode because it's the one filmed here!

There's so much hype about the 17 year old local girl who supposedly wow-ed the judges--apparently Simon couldn't shut up about her. I know her first and last name, but her high school's been tight lipped about it.

I wonder if she really has talent or Simon can't stop talking about her because she's still jailbait. *cough*GOAT GIRL*cough*
Old 01-28-2004, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I felt bad for the guy who sang pretty well but got cut because Simon didn't like his answer to the question-What would you do with a million dollars? He answered he'd give a lot to charity and only invest $2000 for himself and give some more to charity.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MeLikey
I felt bad for the guy who sang pretty well but got cut because Simon didn't like his answer to the question-What would you do with a million dollars? He answered he'd give a lot to charity and only invest $2000 for himself and give some more to charity.
Yeah, I felt bad for that guy too.. he sang well I thought. If Paula would have been there, I bet she would have liked him. Maybe he should have been more honest with what he would do with a million dollars.. I mean, saying you are going to give most of it to charity is just ridiculous... He was pretty hot though.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
Quote:
Originally posted by DZGirl
Yeah, I felt bad for that guy too.. he sang well I thought. If Paula would have been there, I bet she would have liked him. Maybe he should have been more honest with what he would do with a million dollars.. I mean, saying you are going to give most of it to charity is just ridiculous... He was pretty hot though.
And he was from Stockton too... that's kinda near me.

But I almost flipped out when there was a guy from Hayward on there last night. He didn't make it. He sang (sorta) Drops of Jupiter and Simon said he was like a car salesman. He was HOT! Where was he when I lived there?