GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,314
3 members and 1,311 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, JayhawkAOII

Old 02-01-2018, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Chapter technology and GINsystems

I advise a small chapter (chapter of around 40 members) and they are trying to develop ways to utilize technology to communicate, collect money, track study/community service hours, etc. They utilize Greekbill for accounting but one of the members approached me about GINsystems last night as a way to help. I've researched on the web and see that it can integrate with other systems. The member said most of the sororities on their campus use it and I know my daughter's sorority uses it. Any insight to costs for this system and if it would be beneficial (and cost effective) for a small chapter. I can see the benefit for large chapters. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver D View Post
I advise a small chapter (chapter of around 40 members) and they are trying to develop ways to utilize technology to communicate, collect money, track study/community service hours, etc. They utilize Greekbill for accounting but one of the members approached me about GINsystems last night as a way to help. I've researched on the web and see that it can integrate with other systems. The member said most of the sororities on their campus use it and I know my daughter's sorority uses it. Any insight to costs for this system and if it would be beneficial (and cost effective) for a small chapter. I can see the benefit for large chapters. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Perhaps someone at your international office could connect you to small chapters that use it? Or even someone at GIN systems.
Wish I could help but I don't think it's used much for alumnae.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I work for Legacy Financial - I don't mean to plug, but if you have any questions about our platform I'm sure it could be helpful. Very affordable, includes mass texts/emails/surveys/etc., good billing/budget software and you can set up event/fundraising pages easily.
Instagram
FraternityMan.com
Old 02-07-2018, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraternitynik View Post
I work for Legacy Financial - I don't mean to plug, but if you have any questions about our platform I'm sure it could be helpful. Very affordable, includes mass texts/emails/surveys/etc., good billing/budget software and you can set up event/fundraising pages easily.
Sorry, no community service tracking and I realize you're looking specifically into GINSystem.

I know that they were recently bought by or merged with OmegaFi, so I'm not sure if that'll affect their integrating with non-OmegaFi tools, but I assume that it shouldn't affect any current versions of GINSystem platform.
Instagram
FraternityMan.com
Old 02-15-2018, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

All of our chapters are on GIN System. It's been very useful as a method of file sharing, they have calendars, mass messaging, even an emergency check in system (think- active shooter on campus or hurricane/flood/natural disaster, house fire- all members can check in safe). Some are using the survey function to do officer elections or attendance at meetings. They can use an app on their phone or access a web page. They were a little slow to adopt it but some chapters are really using all of its features now.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
GIN is used by all our chapter. It is a great way to share files, have announcement, and a calendar. It's a great central location for items needed to be shared with the chapter. It also allows for communication with alum. It has many features that are a great thought but needs improvement like the Study Hour locator. It is supposed to track members time in locations set up on the system. Doesn't always work the best. My chapter stopped using it. You can also manage merit point, contact list, chapter website. One great feature is that it had learn faces options. Members can go through and see the member's picture and name to learn them. The members have to upload a picture first. You can also have surveysand ask questions. Not all members have access. You have 3 levels of access: member, officer, and administrator. So depending in the access a member has, they'll only be able to see certain areas. It has really come a long way since it first started.

OmegaFi is a great way to manage finances for the chapter. You can see each members balance, the chapter expenses and money coming in. You can send reports to inter/nationals office. All ΑΞΔ chapter use OmegaFi as well.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again