GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,531
0 members and 1,531 guests
No Members online

Old 03-31-2002, 10:54 PM
UMgirl

Question Name This Kate Spade????

Ok, I'm going to try to describe this as much as possible. My friend's roommate came back from NYC and gave her this really sweet, but fake, Kate Spade. I asked her if she knew the type but she said she didnt. Then today I saw it again on the pianist of the church I went to. Before I got a chance to ask her, I was pulled away to do soemthing. And the person I asked forgot to do it. I WANT THIS PURSE DARN IT!
Anywho...it was a nylon/microfiber. It has one strap that's, how can i put this, round and semi-thick and when it gets to the bottom it turns out and gets fatter to give the strap an triangular arch look. The purse is also kind of triangular shaped, /___\ <-- like this!. It has a zipper top (the usual Spade fashion zipping in the middle down low), has a pocket on the the inside and a small square one that doesnt zip or anything (I believe) on one side on the outside and the label is sewn on the other side. The purse is on the medium to small side. I know its none of the following...Pia, Chloe, SAM, Kiki, Sydney (its smaller and not so sqaure) a shopper, Amy or the one that starts with an O. If anyone knows this I love you to death. I want to search ebay for one. If I can I will try to post a pic. Thanks!
-
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-31-2002, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not sure what the name is, but there is a kate spade purse i want called vachetta. its small and looks shiny but its not triangular shaped. more like rectangular, but very small.
Old 03-31-2002, 11:01 PM
UMgirl

Oh and if anyone knows of a website that shows every Kate Spade ever made please let me know. Sites like Neiman's only show the currents.
Old 03-31-2002, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
Wow all this time I have been calling purses, purses who would have ever thought they had names.
Old 04-01-2002, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like a run-of-the mill fake, not based on any real style at all - just a trendy style with a KS label on it.

AFAIK, NONE of the KS bags have an outer zipper. I have seen a Guess bag shaped like that though
Old 04-01-2002, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

My genuine Sydney has a zip top.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:15 PM
UMgirl

No no no...didnt say it had an outside zip. I sadi that it had an outside pocket but I didnt know whether THAT zipped or not. And I believe it doesnt zip or snap, its just open. I meant that the zipper for the purse part is like the ones on a shopper, its a little low in the purse instead of right at the top.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Can you just ask your friend or her roomate? Have you tried www.katespade.com ? If you click on "Shop Online" I believe they have most of her bags.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar281
Wow all this time I have been calling purses, purses who would have ever thought they had names.
And the word of the wise man will be spoken!
Old 04-01-2002, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Woooo, I'm amazed...I've only seen one real live Kate Spade in my entire life! I had no idea each style a cute name to go with it like shoes do...
Old 04-01-2002, 09:42 PM
UMgirl

Volgirl-- Kate Spade.com only shows the most current and its not on their. It's the first placed I looked and I am assuming that since its a fake, her roomate got it off the streets most likely and wouldnt know what type it is. But that's ok cuz I give up.

Damasa and Kevlar---

UMgirl
Old 04-01-2002, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UMgirl
Volgirl-- Kate Spade.com only shows the most current and its not on their. It's the first placed I looked and I am assuming that since its a fake, her roomate got it off the streets most likely and wouldnt know what type it is. But that's ok cuz I give up.
Oh...when I clicked on "Shop Online" it showed a ton under each category - oh well...hope ya find it. I guess Im the only girl on the planet that has yet to find one that I think is cute
Old 04-02-2002, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

When I said zipper, I meant zip pocket on the outside

Most of the KS bags just don't have outer pockets - it detracts from the clean look of them.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaChiS2K
Does it look like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=710513606
Old 04-03-2002, 03:12 PM
UMgirl

That's It! I believe that is the bag. I didnt get to see what the handles looked like really but I believe thats it!. Now just need to find the name of it.

BTW, the color design was hideously ugly in my opinion and there is no way I wouold have bought that one. But thats just my opinion. I tend to like plain/simple stuff.

AlphaChi you rock!