GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,562
0 members and 1,562 guests
No Members online

Old 11-24-2009, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Jon has repeatedly shown what an immature person he is. I think he has an overinflated sense of his importance...TLC couldn't care less about him. They still have Kate and the kids, so they still have a show. And as long as Jon does interviews and says his current girlfriend is "his soulmate" then the interest in the show will continue. People will watch to see how screwed up the kids are or how pissed off Kate is about him.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM_Mama00 View Post
As in who cares that Jon pissed off TLC? Should you keep your kids on TV because you're afraid to piss off a network? NO. Kate is a dumbass for wanting to keep her kids on the show longer.

Also, had you heard about the court case before commenting, Jon said he didn't want to fight Kate over custody so it's not like the courts said "Kate's a better parent".
I would have more respect for Jon's decision to not allow them on tv if he did it for the good of the kids, rather than because he was having a hissy fit.

As for him not fighting custody, I assume that is because HE thinks that Kate is the better parent. It they were my kids, I wouldn't STOP fighting.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 11-24-2009, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM_Mama00 View Post
As in who cares that Jon pissed off TLC? Should you keep your kids on TV because you're afraid to piss off a network? NO. Kate is a dumbass for wanting to keep her kids on the show longer.

Also, had you heard about the court case before commenting, Jon said he didn't want to fight Kate over custody so it's not like the courts said "Kate's a better parent".

I had actually HAD heard, so THANKS for the super bitchy comment.

And you're a fool if you don't think Kate is a better parent.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
I think that Jon balked at the responsibility and pressure and acted out--for a minute. I think he's come back to his senses and is trying to do right by the kids. My personal opinion is that Kate is a control freak and held the reins waaay too tight. Sadly, the divorce has shown her that and she has loosened up some. I dont think its a matter of who is a better parent, its a difference in parenting styles that were highlighted when their marital issues became the focus of the show and not the kids. *shrug*

They need to get off the tv and deal with their family, period point blank.

the preceding commentary is the opinion of nikki1920, parent of an 11 year old.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Kate is the better parent! TEAM KATE here I wouldn't trust Jon Gosselin to feed my fish for a weekend, let alone help raise 8 kids. The finale was sad, b/c those kids are too cute for words.

As for them having to "get off TV", I think it would've been fine for the show to stay on and move into the Kate Plus 8 format. Jon moved to NYC, and last night proved he isn't all that interested in being uber involved in their lives...calling their Wernersville house his country home. He was just pissed that he was getting cut out of the $$. Go to radaronline.com and listen to the tape of him and Michael Lohan. He is screwed in his lawsuit against TLC, b/c he obviously was violating his contract with that conversation. What an asshat!
Old 11-24-2009, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

You know a friend of mine just sent me this little comedy video about Jon and Kate and it really just totally sums up how I feel about the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0dPS5aamQ

Everyone involved should be ashamed, and that includes TLC, the tabloids, the paparazzi, the american people and our culture as WELL as Jon and Kate Gosselin.

The real victims here, as always, are the kids. What did they do to deserve this? Their lives are ultimately the ones getting affected the most, and the most negatively.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blargfrit View Post

The real victims here, as always, are the kids. What did they do to deserve this? Their lives are ultimately the ones getting affected the most, and the most negatively.
This.

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post
I had actually HAD heard, so THANKS for the super bitchy comment.

Have you ever been through a bitter divorce? Have you ever seen how the kids are affected when the parents constantly fight?

Just because someone gets sole custody doesn't mean they are the better parent. And just because one parent gets sole custody, doesn't mean that the other parent doesn't get their time with the children. Sole custody means they live with that parent, that they don't go back and forth between living situations. And NO ONE can determine what is better for the kids unless they are involved in those kids' lives. Who knows what the actual stipulations were between Jon and Kate as far as the custody goes.

KLTC
Old 11-26-2009, 09:33 PM

According to Kate's special on TLC, she and Jon don't have a formal custody arrangement through their lawyers. They are continuing to work it out between themselves so that they can each spend equal time in the kid's lives.

I don't know if that's the best way to do it, but hey, if it works for them...

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post
Get back to me in 20 years when the little girls are shrews and the little boys are completely emasculated and let me know if Kate is the "better parent."
Old 11-28-2009, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Jon as a Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
I would have more respect for Jon's decision to not allow them on tv if he did it for the good of the kids, rather than because he was having a hissy fit.

As for him not fighting custody, I assume that is because HE thinks that Kate is the better parent. It they were my kids, I wouldn't STOP fighting.
If you have watched the show since its beginning, you would have seen that it was Jon who did the primary parenting all along. He bathed the kids, fed them, cleaned up after them and took Kate's abuse for all the years the show has been on the air.

Kate was concerned only with satisfying her OC disorder by scrubbing the hell out of everything and having a fit if one of the kids dared to spill something on his or shirt. The kids rememberance of Kate will be her rear end sticking out a closet or cabinet while she scrubbed away the imaginary dirt. We rarely saw her interact with her kids. She would start an activity (piano and violin lessons, gymnastics, i.e.) and then drop it after just a few lessons. Even going to church was sporadic.

Kate behaved like someone who had been abused as a child. She had said she had a rigid upbringing..."I was overdisciplined and Jon was underdisiplined." That explains a lot about why she behaves like an abuser, isolating her husband and children from her parents, his parents, then her brother and sister-in-law who were so helpful with the kids, then her friend Beth. The kids were not allowed to bring friends home from school nor were Mady and Cara allowed to accept a phone call from a classmate. To cut off communication between the children and their grandparents and friends indicates Kate's deep-seated need to always be in control. She is not the better parent by any means.

Jon cut loose after Kate told him..."We are so over," It was as though he had been released from prison and he went wild for a while but I believe he loves his kids and will continue to be a good father. I always wished he had grown a spine and told off Kate when she berated, physically abused (she would hit him often and pretend it was a loving gesture) and emasculated him in front of the kids. Did you see the episode about Jon making a $50.00 purchase without a coupon when Kate had one hidden in a drawer? She screamed at him just horribly. He should have had her committed to a psychiatric facility right then and there.

One comedian said Kate was hoping to get her own talk show. He said the reason she wanted it so badly is that otherwise she'd have to stay home and spend time with her kids!

I'd love to see a follow-up in several years to see how Mady turns out as a teen. The other kids are really adorable except when they scream.

Paula M
Sigma Delta Tau
Patriae Multi Spes Una
One Hope of Many People