GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,301
3 members and 2,298 guests
Cookiez17, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 08-20-2015, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners52674 View Post
Wouldn't those be snap bids? Do snap bids even still happen?
Snap bids do still happen

33girl - it depends on when numbers are reported.

Total number reported directly after bid matching = PNMs matched through bid matching or by snap bids. IME, this is typically what gets reported to, say, a university paper or website.

Total number reported after chapters can start COB = PNMs matched through bid matching or by snap bids or by COB. This could be what chapters put in a university paper ad.

If chapters who aren't at total are really on top of their game, they could have several people lined up to immediately bid after the "window" you were talking about is over. But this wouldn't have any impact on quota additions in any sort of official report.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

My guess is snap bidding isn't really applying at Bama. If you wanted to speculate, the only possibilities would be the one/s exactly on quota. It wouldn't have applied if they were even 1 over quota because they wouldn't have been allowed to seek out late additions.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Snap bids are those that happen within 24 hours of bid matching, if i recall correctly. After that time they considered COBs.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Any excuse to dust off the MOI.

"Snap bids can be extended, coordinated through the Panhellenic, prior to the start of Bid Day activities or when bids are distributed."

"Once snap bidding is over, bids are distributed and Bid Day activities may begin. COB begins as soon as the bids are distributed or at a previously agreed upon and designated time."
Old 08-20-2015, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
No problem with QA; I understand that, surprisingly well for someone whose greek system essentially didn't know what quota meant. I come from a pre-RFM system where a woman could get as many bids as there were chapters.

I'm not sure I understand how "quota range" can be so far off, but ...

I guess I'll just keep learning, and eventually it will fit.
QR can be very wide because they continually run the numbers until the most women match. So it is very fluid.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
My guess is snap bidding isn't really applying at Bama. If you wanted to speculate, the only possibilities would be the one/s exactly on quota. It wouldn't have applied if they were even 1 over quota because they wouldn't have been allowed to seek out late additions.
Snap bidding has happened at Alabama, Georgia, and Ole Miss among very strong recruiting chapters in the past few years...some of the RFM numbers are very tight and often these chapters are recruiting the same 100 women that the other 2 or 3 SRCs have in their pref parties as well.

Those snap bids are issued very quickly and quietly...the average chapter woman has no idea that they issued snap bids.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug12 View Post
Snap bidding has happened at Alabama, Georgia, and Ole Miss among very strong recruiting chapters in the past few years...some of the RFM numbers are very tight and often these chapters are recruiting the same 100 women that the other 2 or 3 SRCs have in their pref parties as well.

Those snap bids are issued very quickly and quietly...the average chapter woman has no idea that they issued snap bids.
Would anyone be so kind as to explain the eligibility for a snap bid? Does the new member know if she's a snap bid?
Old 08-20-2015, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

She knows because the Greek Life calls and offers the bid. But no one else other than the chapter's recruitment team will ever know
Old 08-20-2015, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
She knows because the Greek Life calls and offers the bid. But no one else other than the chapter's recruitment team will ever know
Chapter members may know if the woman was not at pref, but is then at bid day.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe but remember how big these chapters are!
Old 08-28-2015, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally heard that my rec girl pledged Alpha Phi. So happy she found her home.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Rush counselors also know if a girl in their group gets a snap bid. They know who was previously released and then gets a bid and from whom.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:27 AM
GreekChat Member

WTAMU??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Also, North FLorida, Jacksonville University, Maine, UL-Lafayette, West Texas A & M, are among campuses looking to build...just to name a few

Who is building at West Texas!? I've got plenty of family there, and I know currently only Chi Omega has secured a home that was just renovated for the first time in 10+ years, on top of a sorority unit. DZ and ZTA are still in units only. ASA is under five years old, so they have nothing... And all the fraternities are sitting pretty in their fairly new lodging.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:00 AM
GreekChat Member

The U bought a closed nursing home and have plans to buy additional land in that area. This is next to land where they hope to build a new stadium. The sorority houses would be across the street from that. This is long term planning.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

@titchou

I actually know exactly where that is. Of course, the stadium talk doesn't surprise me; they had to sell Kimbrough to the City of Canyon ages ago... However, they have also been gifted quite large tracts of land, which makes the plans to purchase more land equally as confusing. Good to see they're planning far in advance!