GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Iota

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,322
1 members and 1,321 guests
LaneSig

Old 09-07-2011, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Favorite Red Book Song(s)?

Tomorrow is our weekly chapter choir, and I was just thinking about my favorite SAI songs.

• Music Is Our Call, because it's just so pretty, and it puts the Symphony into less elevated tones (though I love reading our Symphony!)
  • So Near, So Dear is SAI, even though that's our song for seniors who are leaving. We were working on it last time, and I was trying so hard not to cry.
  • The Chorale (the 2-part one), 'cause I love hearing my alto sisters sing that beastly line.
So what are your favorite SAI/Red Book songs?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-08-2011, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Oooh, a thread I can participate in!

So Near, So Dear is definitely one of my favorites. I had one opportunity to go to a Province Day (pre-Formal Petition), and the other girls from my school and I got to sing with the initiated sisters—except for the Chorale, of course—and So Near, So Dear was my favorite song that we got to sing that day. I also really like The Whistle Song—that was another that was sung at the Province Day.

Anyway, when we had our MiT ceremony in April, the ladies from our 'assisting chapter' that were there sang Pan In Canon and The Scale of SAI for us, and then taught us the Chorale.

Now, in a choral setting I'm usually most comfortable as a First Alto, but our group is so weighted with altos that for the sake of balance I'm singing Soprano (2nd if divided further) for divided pieces, but when we were learning it I definitely sang along when just the alto part was being covered.

It was such an emotional feeling to finally get to sing such a wonderful song after all that time. (Suffice it to say that the Province Day I attended took place some time ago…I still have the program from it, too! )

Last edited by unarose; 09-08-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

You mentioned Pan in Canon, and I giggled. The chapter of Phi Mu Alpha on our campus will sometimes sing that song with us when we do events together. No idea why, but it's amusing. They know most of the songs we do regularly, actually.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know your chapter of Phi Mu Alpha, but I do know that trying to picture ours doing that is a rather amusing mental picture—especially if it included their alum members.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter isn't very vocal-oriented (most of us are band geeks recruited during marching band season) so we don't do a lot of singing aside from the Chorale, but my personal favorite is Music is Our Call, my MIT class sang it at our recital