GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 915
1 members and 914 guests
No Members online

Old 07-31-2018, 12:35 PM

I have no rec'd with a smile.

I'm extra (and well-connected) so I will generally go beyond the form and send the MRD a text or email with the info in question. Screenshots, direct quotes, you name it.

And I'm not even sorry. If I have advisory contacts within other chapters, I will generally contact them and make them aware of the situation as well.

I will add that there is no such thing as "a little bit racist." If you said it, I will for sure send your racist BS to the chapter in question.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:36 PM

Murphy's Law states that if you ignore a "Hey y'all, Mary is going to be a problem if you bid her, she is racist AF" she is going to bring your chapter down in flames.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
So what's the best road to take when you have proof? Tell? Don't tell?
TELL! Discreetly, of course. That's why I write nothing down. Just a note saying CALL ME. Written in red, circled, underlined, and starred***.
Why run the risk if you don't tell? And if you don't tell, they won't know.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

I would surely appreciate an alumna sister taking the time to keep someone of any ill repute ("a little racist", a thief, a bully) from my sorority; I'd like to think that others feel the same.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I will add that there is no such thing as "a little bit racist."
Just to clarify, that was
tongue-in-cheek. As if the rest wasn’t enough, there’s the main point. I do hope they listen.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

I have shared "no rec" info with Alum friends of other sororities. It is up to them to notify the chapter of their sororities, or not. I would feel awful if I had not let my friends know and the girl joined one of their chapters only to later jeapordize her chapter's existence.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I have shared "no rec" info with Alum friends of other sororities. It is up to them to notify the chapter of their sororities, or not. I would feel awful if I had not let my friends know and the girl joined one of their chapters only to later jeapordize her chapter's existence.
So true. It can a chapter years to recover from a toxic member. I think it will be interesting to find out (if anyone can) how the Alpha Phi chapter at Alabama does given the member who posted those racist rants and who was kicked out earlier this year (and I believe her membership was stripped as well).
Old 08-05-2018, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Her membership was definitely stripped and they cleaned house. They (according to numbers release by Bama) are going into recruitment this year well over 150 previous members short. I’m hoping it will be a good, fresh start for them.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi2KD View Post
Her membership was definitely stripped and they cleaned house. They (according to numbers release by Bama) are going into recruitment this year well over 150 previous members short. I’m hoping it will be a good, fresh start for them.
I'm rooting for them as well. What happened that the chapter is 150 members short? Some members were found to be 'in cahoots' with her? Did some girls quit?

Whatever the case I hope they recover in good order. A former colleague's friend pledged Alpha Phi a few years ago and loved it (she was super homesick and left after freshman year to return to the West Coast so didn't know this member).
Old 08-05-2018, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

No idea. Probably some drops and some were sent to pasture early if they weren’t really seen as a productive member? (In arrears, academic issues, a history with standards, etc)
That’s just my guess. In chapters of that size I imagine you’ve got quite a few in every house flying under the radar for various reasons.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Most houses ranged from 15-36 lost, then three other houses lost 62, 74, and 92 members.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

The rumors on the site which shall not be named are that a lot of sisters were grade risks or had not been paying their dues even after multiple warnings so Nationals did a top to bottom cleaning of those sisters (not sure if they disaffiliated or went alum) which caused some of their friends to leave voluntarily.