GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,450
1 members and 1,449 guests
Titchou

Old 01-01-2007, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

PNM Recruitment Clothes

In the fall, there were a lot of threads about what a PNM should wear as opposed to what is "officially suggested".

ANYWAY, the gist seemed to be that everyone recommended kicking it up a notch. What should I wear instead of the suggested jeans and polo? My mom of course says dress slacks and a nice blouse but wouldn't that look weird if all the other PNMs are wearing jeans? And if I do wear jeans, should I be wearing 7s or something equally or more expensive or can I get away with a lesser brand?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-01-2007, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

My recruitment was the same way ("kicked up a notch" from the reccomended dress). On the jeans days a lot of girls just wore nice jeans, a polo or sweater, and heels. In fact, now that I think of it, most of the girls at the parties I went to wore heels every day of recruitment, regardless of whether it was a casual or dressy day. It might've just been a trend at my school, but I felt a lot better being a bit overdressed than underdressed every day.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

As long as the jeans fit you well and look neat, it shouldn't matter if they're Sevens or from Target. You could wear a nice pair of jeans or denim trousers (Express has a few styles), a cute top or blazer, and then a pair of ballet flats or heals. Think along the lines as if you were going out to dinner. Still casual, but cute. Good luck with recruitment
Old 01-01-2007, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
As a taller girl, I am a huge fan of the jeans and kitten heels. Sorta dressy, but sorta casual, too. Blouse is...I dunno, pushing it? If they're suggesting polo shirts..I'd say like a 3/4 sleeve shirt would be nice/different without deviating too much from the suggestions? Avoid anything that looks like you're going to a night club!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:47 PM

On the day that Panhellenic suggested jeans or jean skirts, alot of girls wore nice-fitting jeans with heels and nice tops. It really doesn't matter what brand, as long as they fit well, are comfortable, and look cute.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Four things come to mind:

1. Dress appropriately, always. Girls, in general, do not want to see your boobs or belly button piercing.

2. Make your own statement. Find small ways to deviate from the suggestions, like the three quarter length sleeve another person suggested, or a unique color.

3. Dress based on what you are looking for. If you want to be in a sorority where the girls will be impressed by your clothing brands, then I would go with expensive jeans. But if you do not want to be in a group with that sort of atmosphere, I would just make sure you have a clean (not torn or ratty), well fitting pair of jeans to wear. Everything you do, say, wear...it all sends a message, so just think about what kind of message you want to send.

4. Dress based on the trends at your school. At some schools, girls wear heels 24/7, and at some girls dress down. Just go with the majority on this one, as long as you are also keeping your own personality in mind.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
^^^^^^

What she said!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

You all have given me great advice. Hopefully the actives at my school will be as nice!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

feeding the trolls

Here's a page with mostly examples of what NOT to wear.

http://www.asu.edu/studentaffairs/mu...at_to_Wear.pdf

Have a field day with this page, ladies.

Everything is too tight, too short, too tacky, too low cut, too see-through, etc.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

oh jess-those are great!!

for girls going thru a traditional southern-style recruitment, these examples would be definately whan NOT to wear. on any day. for any reason.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I am particularly a fan of the pref dresses. The description says something that you would wear to church, yet "the girls" are hanging out in half of those pics.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

and those outfits did not seem particularly flattering on either of the two models. if nothing else, what the pnm wears should flatter her.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
oh jess-those are great!!

for girls going thru a traditional southern-style recruitment, these examples would be definately whan NOT to wear. on any day. for any reason.
I am not even from the South, and I would never wear those outfits to a recruitment party! I am all for expressing your personality with clothes, but tastefully.

One thing I find particularly funny is on the first page it says "all clothing provided by HERE ON THE CORNER." Sure looks that way.

Last edited by violetpretty; 01-08-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

i missed that----too funny!!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessSigKap View Post
Here's a page with mostly examples of what NOT to wear.

http://www.asu.edu/studentaffairs/mu...at_to_Wear.pdf

Have a field day with this page, ladies.

Everything is too tight, too short, too tacky, too low cut, too see-through, etc.
Wow. Yeah if I showed up Sunday morning in those dresses my mom would tell me to turn my spandex clad butt around and go home and change.

I'd say lean more towards the classic look. Trendy stuff doesn't look good on everyone and half the time honestly I think it looks seriously tacky and/or stupid.