GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,373
1 members and 1,372 guests
dizzycmaarleyy5

Old 10-29-2001, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

what's your biggest flaw?

As a follow up to what's your favorite body part, what would you say your biggest flaw is. As hard as it is to admitt, we all have one. With me, I'd say I'm very forgetful. I make post it notes to remind myself to take pizza out of the oven. I'll probably forget about this post too. I send myself emails to remind myself things also. My friends always get mad at me because I never remember anyone and I always get peoples names mixed up. For some reason, I can remember anything from my past, just not anything that's happened from the day before
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-29-2001, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation My biggest flaws (yes, I have more than one)

My biggest flaws are:

1. My photographic memory (it's a blessing and a curse)
2. My inability to stick up for myself when it's needed
3. Obeying my father constantly like he's God just so that I won't have to hear his mouth
4. Forgiving the wrong people (including my ex who's the BIGGEST dog alive )
5. Not being able to forget past wrongs done to me (it's a Cancerian thing, I dunno)
6. Giving my best friend advice that I know she'll never follow
7. Taking advice that I either don't pass on or follow

That's all for now. I'll post more when I think of them.
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 10-29-2001, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to novella000
Unhappy

Loving me enough (working on it)
Lying to myself until the point where I believe that I can give enough to someone to make them love me more... (working on that too)
My mouth... I am a lady first, of course... But I have been known to let out a few too many of the cuss words. (working on it, probably not hard enough)

...and those of you who know me have witnessed first hand...

My sarcasm.

Last edited by novella000; 10-30-2001 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2001, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to korkscru Send a message via Yahoo to korkscru
Well, like others, I have MANY flaws. However, my biggest flaws would be:

1. My my tongue. My mother says that my tongue can be as sharp as a sword at times (and I don't mean by cursing or anything like that). I guess it is a curse and a blessing because I think quick on my feet. But believe me when angered, I'M even amazed at what I'd say sometimes.

2. I also give advice that is often hard for me to take myself (that's MOST of us).

3. My BIG BELLY. After two children and several years, my stomach seems to have developed this incredible elastic ability. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. (enough said).

4. Feeling sorry for myself. I'm often hard on myself if I think that I disappointed someone. I tend to linger on that, but I'm working on it.

5. Being too trusting of others. I give every body the benefit of the doubt and that has often come back to haunt me (I've been used, talked about, mistreated, lied on---you know what I'm talking about). I truly feel that I'm more often than not a bad judge of character.

6. I am a chronic late-aholic. It's embarassing, but I am. I heard Dr. Phil say that being late is a sign of selfishness among other things. I don't quite agree with that. It's that, to me, there's just NOT enough hours in the day to do everything that I haveto do. My life, at this point, is just not centered around any SET frame of time.

I've got plenty more, but these are just the biggies.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

8. Not always making eye contact with some people when it's needed (maybe because some of them are ugly , I dunno)
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 10-30-2001, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

It's truly a wonderful thing when love yourself enough to recognize your own faults. This is a good exercise for all of us to take a good look at ourselves.

My faults (in order):

1. Patience: I am a very IMPATIENT person. I want what I want, when I want it and how I want it done.

2. Affection: I am not always very affectionate towards people that I really care about. I'm not a touchy-feely, warm and fuzzy kind of person.

3. Too Busy: Sometimes I just need to slow it down and do one thing at a time. I'm a MULTI-TASKER. Sometimes, that's a good thing and sometimes it's not because I'm often not able to put an absolute 100% effort into everything that I do. But, I sure do knock myself out trying.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Quick question...

korkscru and prayerfull, what are your signs? I'm guessing, prayerfull, that you're a Virgo and korkscru, you sound like an Aries to me, but I don't wanna jump to conclusions or anything. Let me know if I'm right or wrong here.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Quick question...

Quote:
Originally posted by lil_sunshine
korkscru and prayerfull, what are your signs? I'm guessing, prayerfull, that you're a Virgo and korkscru, you sound like an Aries to me, but I don't wanna jump to conclusions or anything. Let me know if I'm right or wrong here.
lil_sunshine - I'm an Aquarius!
Old 10-30-2001, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

My biggest flaw is PROCRASTINATION,
followed closely by impatience.
Third - my listening skills. I often don't give people a chance to finish their thoughts. I want to make my point!!!

Physically - my thighs!!!

I am praying and listening on all of these. Now
if I can just put it into action.
Old 10-30-2001, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Re: Re: Quick question...

Quote:
Originally posted by prayerfull

lil_sunshine - I'm an Aquarius!
Sorry about that. I hope I didn't offend you in any way.
Old 10-30-2001, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

As my mom would say , boy u got a smart ass mouth

me and Time has an arrangement, he pays very little attention to me and i pay little atention to him. I have takken C.P. time to a neww level but i'm working on it.

My impatients with adults i have nearly infinite patients with children but next to none with adults

jIHAD

patience is a virtue, but how many of us are actually virtueous
Old 10-31-2001, 04:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Quote:
Originally posted by jihad1906
As my mom would say , boy u got a smart ass mouth

me and Time has an arrangement, he pays very little attention to me and i pay little atention to him.
patience is a virtue, but how many of us are actually virtueous
Where do you get these sayings???
Neat.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to korkscru Send a message via Yahoo to korkscru
Sorry lil_sunshine, I not an Aries. I'm happy to say that I was born under the sign of------SCORPIO. As a matter of fact, my birthday is this Friday (November 2nd) and I'll be 32-years-old.
Old 10-31-2001, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gentleness08
Here are a few of mine...

- I have a smart mouth and I need to watch my tone
- I'm too shy. I'm not the type of person that will start a conversation with someone I don't know.
- I am too moody.
- I don't know how to relax; I'm tense and stressed on a regular basis.

I'm trying to work on all of these, but it is a slow process.
Old 10-31-2001, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Can I get an AMEN, sista!

Quote:
Originally posted by korkscru
. My BIG BELLY. After two children and several years, my stomach seems to have developed this incredible elastic ability. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. (enough said).