GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,273
1 members and 2,272 guests
Pinkmagnolia921

Old 10-03-2003, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HotDamnImAPhiMu
So Phi Mu has the quatrafoil and Pi Phi has the arrow pendant... what do the rest of y'all do?
We don't have any official recognition jewelry other than the badge and new member pin.

But you've given me a great idea. I have a crystal lily of the valley pin that I may wear (stem and leaves are gold, flowers are crystals). If any of my HS classmates went AEPhi, they'll probably notice and say something. (Or I might just meet a bunch of Alpha Phis. )
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Ginger

Quote:
Originally posted by aephi alum
We don't have any official recognition jewelry other than the badge and new member pin.
Same here... our symbol is the lyre, and I do own a few pieces of lyre jewelry... but DO doesn't recognize anything in particular as a recognition piece.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Pin alternatives

Quote:
Originally posted by rho4life
Our mascot is the French Toy Poodle. Some of my Sorors take this to the extreme, and have poodle lapel pins, shirts, collectibles that take over their homes, earrings, necklaces, etc.
[small hijack]

I'm guilty of this!!! At our last regional this summer I bought a matching set of poodle earrings and lapel pin. Then I bought a blue silk scarf with little poodles on it. I put the poodle lapel pin on my SGR kente' cloth and wore the poodle earrings with the scarf. Boy, did I get noticed!!

I like wearing a poodle lapel pin, especially to functions that may be too casual for my badge. The chain for my lavelier (?sp) broke, but I would wear that also.

All in all, I think people do notice when you wear your sorority jewelry/symbol (the Phi Mu quatrefoil is cute). When talking to people, other ladies mostly, with my sorority ensignia on I'll catch them take a glimpse of it, although they may not say anything.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:09 PM

Re: Re: Pin alternatives

Quote:
Originally posted by sigmadiva
[small hijack]
I'm guilty of this!!!
hee hee! I haven't been to DG convention (I hope to, in 2004) but I have been told by other Delta Gammas that at convention, some of the ladies have "Anchor everything" outfits... lol.

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 10-03-2003 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

So just a little vent...OUR symbol is the lyre, it sucks that someone else has the same symbol. I've always loved it cause it is so beautiful and unique. And back on topic, you can get lyre pendants and some people wear that. I have a lyre bracelet. It's just little silver lyres linked together in a bracelet. I love it! I wear it all the time. People always see it and ask me if I play the harp and I have be like no....
Old 10-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Ginger

I'm sorry! I always noticed that too... whenever I'm looking for stuff and I see a lyre, it's always AXO because you're (obviously!) much larger than us.

Do any of the NPCs share stuff? I think a few share flowers, don't they?
Old 10-03-2003, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ginger
Of course! Many NPCs share symbols and peacefully co-exist doing so.

Tri Delta and KAT have pansies. (I'm sure there's overlaps with various colors of carnations and roses, etc. etc.) Gamma Phi Beta and Phi Mu have pink carnations. KD and Alpha Phi have teddy bears. DG and Alpha Sigma Tau share the anchor, KKG and XO share the owl. AEPhi and Alpha Phi have lily of the valley.

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 10-03-2003 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a necklace of a golden quill with crystal inkwell -- I've had it forever: my parents gave it to me when I was younger because I liked to write. Once I joined AXiD I realized that it's quite appropriate for that, too -- just another sign that I was meant to be an Alpha Xi! I would notice it if I saw it on someone else and wonder if she was an Alpha Xi, but probably wouldn't ask because plenty of other people could have it without intending to show affiliation.
pic of the necklace charm:
Old 10-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Pin alternatives

Quote:
Originally posted by rho4life
Our mascot is the French Toy Poodle. Some of my Sorors take this to the extreme, and have poodle lapel pins, shirts, collectibles that take over their homes, earrings, necklaces, etc.
Ahh.....yes. But it's easy to spot us, isn't it SoRHOr?
Old 10-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Did you wear your Pin/badge at H.S. reunion?

Quote:
Originally posted by TCV
For all the Alumnae in GC,
Have you recently attended your 10+ high school reunion wearing you pin/badge? If so, were you suprised to see old classmates suddenly become your sister/brother? Just wondering if anyone had positive greek experiences at their H.S reunion.

~TCV
I hadn't joined SGRho yet by my 10 year, so no to that but I may wear a poodle pin @ my 20 year.

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 10-04-2003 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm sorry! I always noticed that too... whenever I'm looking for stuff and I see a lyre, it's always AXO because you're (obviously!) much larger than us.

We share the pink carnation with Phi Mu, the crescent moon with Tri Delta, and probablya few other items I'm not thinking of. We also have a similar motto and badge to Zeta Phi Beta, Inc.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Quote:
OUR symbol is the lyre, it sucks that someone else has the same symbol.

Old 10-04-2003, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXWhoah
OUR symbol is the lyre, it sucks that someone else has the same symbol.
yikes!

Quote:

Ginger there's no need to be sorry! It's not like you just decided today that your symbol would be the lyre because AXO's symbol is that !

Alpha Delta Pi & Phi Mu share the lion as our mascot. We also share white as being one of our colors! (And so far, our organizations have survived over 150 years and peacefully co-existed )
Old 10-04-2003, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by texas*princess
yikes!

Ginger there's no need to be sorry! It's not like you just decided today that your symbol would be the lyre because AXO's symbol is that !

Alpha Delta Pi & Phi Mu share the lion as our mascot. We also share white as being one of our colors! (And so far, our organizations have survived over 150 years and peacefully co-existed )
Yeah and you guys were founded at the same school, so you would think there would have been more of a brou-ha-ha about that. Considering that Alpha Chi Omega and Delta Omicron were both founded as MUSICAL organizations, I don't think sharing a symbol is that weird or unusual.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
I didn't notice anyone wearing any Greek insignias nor was there any talk about it. June '04 marks 20 yrs so it will be interesting to find out who is doing what or went to college.