GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,371
0 members and 2,371 guests
No Members online

Old 01-29-2004, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by russellwarshay
The list moderator should have changed the group's settings to "moderated," to keep out the drama and/or turned it over to someone else. There is value in a list that is built up over time, and now it is gone.

Anyway, maybe Peaches-n-Cream can start a new one.
lol KDOnline started a great list for sorority alumnae.

I just was wondering what happened. I met some very nice people at their Happy Hour and the picnic in Central Park in September, including some GCers. Not much happened after that.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-29-2004, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
AEPhiSierra is right. Leave it to NYC Sorority girls to complain and get an email list deleted. What stinks is the website for the list on yahoogroups had a list of the officers & their emails which was pretty usefull to have.

I got daily msgs but deleted ones that weren't for "official business" Don't know why others couldn't just do the same and move on...

Hopefully our org reps keep us all up-to-date!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Bah! I read that email...I liked having career and networking information on there...what I couldn't use, I normally forwarded to other people who might be interested. Isn't that what helping each other is about?
Old 01-30-2004, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAMich
What stinks is the website for the list on yahoogroups had a list of the officers & their emails which was pretty usefull to have.
I saved the email with the officers if you ever need it.

I definitely agree the list was useful. The one thing fraternities and HBGLO's have over NPC sororities (at least from my experience) is they definitely appreciate the importance of networking a lot more. If the NYC Panhel was just about meeting up for cocktails and picnics no one would join, its about networking and making connections.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

It's funny, I just read these posts about the NYC Panhel list. I am one of the people that had issues with the "drama" in the list. I also have a Networking Group for Social Work. Apparently, posting about my group once a month (along with others postings looking for apartments and eyebrow waxers) was a bit too much for several ladies (who didn't identify themselves of course) to take. I got about 7 emails off-list "slamming" me for my posts. I just don't get the rudeness that goes on through email and the reason for it it all. I was under the assumption that an email listserv like that WAS for networking purposes, with the common bond of "greekhood". Because of the actions of these "ladies" I have a feeling that doesn't sit well about this group, which is sad, because I am sure overall, it is a great group of women. I think personally listservs are a wonderful means of communication, especially in terms of networking, apartment hunting, etc. They are a great way to help others out. And my motto always is regarding emails "if it doesn't apply let it fly" and just delete. Our personal listserv for MetroDPhiE is very very active with multiple emails per day. Many women have signed up for daily digest or reading messages on the site only because of this reason. Oh well, what are we going to do. People will always be catty I guess. I would like to eventually give this group another chance because I would like to meet other women in the NYC area with similar interests. Allison
Old 02-02-2004, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Quote:
Originally posted by AEPhiSierra
If the NYC Panhel was just about meeting up for cocktails and picnics no one would join, its about networking and making connections.

Eh, I would probably join.

Not that I don't like networking. I do! But I also heart cocktails and picnics.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

winneythepooh7 just started a new yahoogroup. To join send an email to:

NYCGreekAlumni-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NYCGreekAlumni/
Old 05-11-2004, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I just received this from my alumnae association. Is anyone going to this?

Attention Panhellenic Delegates:

We are set to have the general meeting on Tuesday, May 18 at 7:00 PM @ Kanvas (219 9th Avenue). They will set aside a nice section for us upstairs. We can open this up at 8pm for a happy hour and they will give us $3 bottles and half price martinis! We look forward to seeing all of you there!!
Old 05-18-2004, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

BUMP!

Is anyone going to the general meeting tonight?
Old 09-13-2004, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

KD National Women's Friendship Day Picnic takes place in Central Park at 72nd Street and Fifth Avenue on Sunday from 2 to 4. Bring your own lunch, and they will provide dessert.

I'm going. Will anyone else be there? I want to eat brownies with ZTAMich and XOKathy again.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
KD National Women's Friendship Day Picnic takes place in Central Park at 72nd Street and Fifth Avenue on Sunday from 2 to 4. Bring your own lunch, and they will provide dessert.

I'm going. Will anyone else be there? I want to eat brownies with ZTAMich and XOKathy again.
I wasn't planning on it but just remembered that football season started so my boy may not wanna hang out on that day. Maybe I'll come. I'd love to meet some other GC'ers.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
Quote:
Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream

Awww yeah that was a fun afternoon last year!! I'll be on a bus back to NYC from Atlantic City tho. Going down Sat for The Miss America Pagent with a Zeta I know here from my alumnae group. You know how we feel about crowns & tiaras! Hope the weather is great for a picnic!
Old 09-14-2004, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAMich
Awww yeah that was a fun afternoon last year!! I'll be on a bus back to NYC from Atlantic City tho. Going down Sat for The Miss America Pagent with a Zeta I know here from my alumnae group. You know how we feel about crowns & tiaras! Hope the weather is great for a picnic!
I'm sad that you can't attend, but have fun in Atlantic City. Say hi to James!

Anyone else? paging xokathy...paging Munchkin...
Old 09-16-2004, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Anyone else going?
Old 09-16-2004, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Tomorrow is Met rooftop. Maybe I'll go, maybe not. It depends on the weather.