GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,291
1 members and 1,290 guests
No Members online

Old 07-09-2004, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Kappa Delta and Alumnae Initiation

Hello all~

It's been quite a while since I've dropped by greekchat. It's great to see that there have been so many successful alumnae initiations!! Congratulations to you all!

(The rest of this has been deleted.)

Last edited by Leslie Anne; 10-03-2006 at 11:46 PM. Reason: I realized that I shouldn't have posted private KD information.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Leslie Anne!! Leslie Anne!!!

I'm so happy to see you back!!!

Guess what? I'm a Gamma Phi Beta now!

That's really great news to hear about Kappa Delta's AI policy! I hope your information will be a great help to the PNAM's out there! Thanks for sharing that with us!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 07-10-2004, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Hi Leslie Anne! Welcome back!
Old 07-10-2004, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

That's really interesting, Leslie Anne.

I don't think that's been the attitude all along... perhaps it's something they've wanted to make a new attitude about?

In my 5 years as a KD and active online, the only AIs I have EVER heard of were alumnae of a local sorority that became KD, or a very rare honorary initiation at convention. I've never seen it mentioned in the KDOnline newsletter, the yahoo group, or on GC.

That's why I think there may have been an actual decision or change to try to make AI more common in KD.

The last 2 conventions that i've been to, AI was not mentioned.

ETA: PNAM's, don't be surprised if you approach a KD Alumnae Association and they have no clue about AI.... as a former AA President, I know that we did not have any information about AI. Which again makes me think this is something they're trying to bring out more.

Last edited by kddani; 07-10-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

What a wonderful development, either in practice or in perception, for AI and KD!
Roses,
Silver
Old 07-10-2004, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

This is so great to hear from other NPC Organizations.

NHPC Greek Organizations have been doing this for years for many reasons, and I wish NIC would be more progressive with it a little more!

As many can see upon G C, there are many Ladies who have done AI and are totally enthralled and working very hard for Their New Found Soroity and Sisters.

I hope no one ever tells me that AIs should not exist as many Ladies have worked for a much longer period of time attaining SisterHood than some of the Ladies/Gentlemen I have seen on this site!

What is one Semester compared to Years?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-12-2004, 04:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow, Kelly and Amy!! How sweet of you to welcome me back to GC!! It certainly has been a long time.

And Kelly...(excuse me while I scream) AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it when I saw those beautiful greek letters in your signature! Last time I was here you were just leaving for England and I thought "Darn it! Now she's never going to do AI." But now you're back and you've found your home in wonderful Gamma Phi Beta. I'm sooooo happy for you! It was a VERY long time coming. {big hugs of congratulations}

Last edited by Leslie Anne; 07-12-2004 at 05:39 AM.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
I don't think that's been the attitude all along... perhaps it's something they've wanted to make a new attitude about?
I think you're right about that. Even though they didn't present it as a new policy, the simple fact that they prepared an information sheet on it and scheduled time during the conference for it tells me that they're really openning up to it in a new way.

Quote:
In my 5 years as a KD and active online, the only AIs I have EVER heard of were alumnae of a local sorority that became KD, or a very rare honorary initiation at convention. I've never seen it mentioned in the KDOnline newsletter, the yahoo group, or on GC.
Yep, me neither. That's why I was so shocked.

(The rest of this has been deleted.)

Last edited by Leslie Anne; 10-03-2006 at 11:48 PM. Reason: I realized I shouldn't have posted private KD information.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

This is very good news from Kappa Delta. I hope PNAMs (either announced or lurking) will seriously take a look at KD. It's a very stong sisterhood.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I would strongly advise any PNAM who would happen to be interested in KD to contact our National HQ. Contacting your area AA would likely prove unfruitful, as most of us would have no idea what to tell you, since this is so new.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the information! I will update the "My Advice to..." thread.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Cutiepie~

Thank you so much for updating the Kappa Delta section of your thread. The advice and information you've provided about each of the NPCs definitely makes that thread one of the most important ones on GC!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, I am new to the GC community. As an undergraduate, I did not have the opportunity to participate in Greek Life at the three respective universities I attended.
As a freshman at Florida State University my spring semester, I became very good friends with a lady who was a substitute house mother for KD. She encouraged me to participate in Panhellenic Recruitment in the fall. Unfortunately, I became ill and had to withdraw. I also lost contact with my friend as well.
During graduate school, I became good friends with several alumnae from different NPC sororities. They encouraged me to learn more about AI. How can I learn more about AI for Kappa Delta? Thank you all for your time and help.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Alum 2010 View Post
Hi, I am new to the GC community. As an undergraduate, I did not have the opportunity to participate in Greek Life at the three respective universities I attended.
As a freshman at Florida State University my spring semester, I became very good friends with a lady who was a substitute house mother for KD. She encouraged me to participate in Panhellenic Recruitment in the fall. Unfortunately, I became ill and had to withdraw. I also lost contact with my friend as well.
During graduate school, I became good friends with several alumnae from different NPC sororities. They encouraged me to learn more about AI. How can I learn more about AI for Kappa Delta? Thank you all for your time and help.
I recommend that you contact KD National Headquarters.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi TXAlum

The first step is to make an inquiry to our National Vice-President Alumnae about your interest in AI in Kappa Delta, or have your Kappa Delta friends make an inquiry for you. The NVP-A will outline the general process, as well as include an application form. Check the website http://www.kappadelta.org for her contact information (look under Personnel Directory).