GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,453
2 members and 1,451 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 02-06-2008, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

rushing Sigma Tau, need advice on increasing my chances for getting bid

Ok so Im in the process of rushing the Sigma Tau frat, and trying to get a bid. I am trying to find ways to increase my chance of getting a bid. I attended 2 events, a "graffiti party" and a toga party, and everyone seems to like me so far. The bid day is sometime this weekend I think. I have a few questions tho.

First of all, how do they determine who gets a bid? I heard the brothers of the frat vote on each person.

Also, I am attending another party tomorrow night. I had an idea to ask if I could say something to everyone, and then tell them about how I've had some great times with them already, how I am definately gonna join if i get a bid, and how I would love to have their votes. Would this be a good idea? like would it show them I am really commited and interested, or would it make me look desperate?

thanks ppl
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-06-2008, 01:11 PM

First off, stop using the word "frat." Some fraternity members consider it to be an offensive term. Some don't, but it's better to err on the side of caution.

As to how they determine who gets a bid, there probably is some sort of voting, but other than that, it's confidential.

If you're attending a third event, I would think they would realize that you would join if you got a bid. Don't ask for votes - it will make you look extremely lame and desperate.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
I would simply say to two or three (no more) brothers that "I feel very comfortable here". Other than being yourself, you have no other way to ensure a bid. Best of luck.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, we do not appreciate "Frat". Frat =Boys, Fraternity=men.

When you say Sigma Tau, do you mean Sigma Tau Gamma?

PM me, if you so feel.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 02-07-2008, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Wear flip flops, and pop your collar.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

my advice would be to introduce to yourselves to as many of the bros that you can. and definitely have a long conversation with both the rush chair and the prez.

Be memorable. dont just say hey whats up blah blah blah, like everyone else. you have to make sure they can put a face to your name when they are considering you.

but just talk to as many bros as possible, be nice, outgoing, charismatic and then youll be fine.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

and ya, dont call it a frat.
you wouldnt call your country a c*nt.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Be yourself, if you're cool then you'll get a bid. Read my rush tips thread too.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffnhb View Post
and ya, dont call it a frat.
you wouldnt call your country a c*nt.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Yes, I get it, you're in a BGLO and things are different blah blah blah.

How does this manage to happen every time it's brought up?
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 02-24-2008, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

DON'T ask for votes. DO say you are having a great time, especially if they ask.

Be yourself. If you aren't, even if you get a bid you will be miserable after a while.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Yes, I get it, you're in a BGLO and things are different blah blah blah.

How does this manage to happen every time it's brought up?
Wow. First of all, my signature clearly displays what fraternity I'm in. It's not a BGLO.

Second, I "rolled my eyes" at the "You wouldn't call your country..." analogy, not at the fact that frat is not used by some organizations. Believe me, I've been around long enough to know that.

You need to calm down. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know every incorporated GLO..I apologize.

Make sure you tell them that "you get money". That's what all the frat stars do.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 03-05-2008, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swizzSTG
Do you mean Sigma Tau Gamma? either call it by its nick name, Sig Tau or if you are going to call it Sigma Tau, dont forget the Gamma because its a pretty important letter. PM me and let me know what chapter you are looking at and ill see what i can do. give me some more details
Old 03-11-2008, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

wear a t-shirt that says frat boy for life if you can't find one wear anything where a color can be "popped" flip flops are a must and sunglasses are mandatory do this and you are in.