GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,571
3 members and 1,568 guests
mlanderson, naraht

Old 02-03-2002, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

We got 5 girls! Ok, I know that sounds like a really low number but quota was only 12. I LOVE the ones we got We get to run open bids today starting at 3, so I hope we get more!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-05-2002, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Yaay!! I cant wait to go to Zeta's rush tonight! I know its gonna bea blast!! cant wait Jessica! See you tonite

Nichole
Old 02-05-2002, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

It WILL be fun, Nichole! I'm really excited that you're going to be there! You know what Amy told me? She said "I talked to Nichole last night, she's sooo sweet!" Yep Spring rush will be so much more fun (for everyone LOL) than fall rush b/c we get to have food & play games & such! I believe we're having punch tonight, chips, maybe finger sandwiches? (or is that another night ? lol), etc. We'll have a BLAST!
Old 02-05-2002, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

YAAAY!

A girl from my dorm wants to go to our spring rush tonight, too! I've invited two people now yaaay! I can't wait to see both of them there! I'll post after tonight & tell everyone how it went!
Old 02-05-2002, 07:07 PM

Nichole! So glad you've decided to dive into Rush a semester early! Let us know how things go!
Old 02-05-2002, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Successful Evening! :)

Well, our first night of spring recruitment was a success!!! We had awesome girls come out tonight, and I'm so excited about the rest of the week! I was actually almost as nervous about being a "Rusher" as I was a in the fall about being a "Rushee", believe it or not! I think I did a pretty good job, though, of explaining what ZTA is all about to the girls I talked to, and the great things our chapter does.

I can't wait to see how the week progresses. Tomorrow we have "Game Night" where which is semi-casual, and we're going to play board games & such to get to know the PNMs a little better. Thursday, of course, is "Pref Night", and Friday is Bid Day with a western theme entitled .........
"Zeta Tau Alpha---Turning Cowgirls into Princesses."

Oh yeah--- I just have to add that I'm even more happy, because we finally got OUR badges in!!! (we were all wearing our Big Sis's badges until now). Yay! Mine's gold & my mom is getting me a gold lavalier to match for Easter. Just had to add that (hehehe).

Luckily, I do NOT have any "crazy" stories yet to add the the "Weird Rush" thread. LOL.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
YAAAY!! Rush was so great tonight! The girls are the sweetest ever!! I had so much fun...I met like all of the sisters and they were all so friendly I really love Zeta!! Theyre great girls! I learned so many new and interesting things about ZTA too! Thank you so much for inviting me Jessica. I cant wait until tomm nite...Game night!! haha hopefully my feet wont hurt as bad b/c I can wear casual shoes LOL I can't wait to go back tho!!

Nichole
Old 02-06-2002, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad you had fun, Nichole! I can totally relate about the shoe thing; my feet are KILLING me! Everyone thinks the shoes I was wearing are cute, but they just don't know about the hidden EVIL in them!!! They give me blisters LOL.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Game night was tonight!! I had a blast..met some new sisters..played Twister and Taboo It was so much fun. Pref night is tomorrow night..I gotta find something to wear!! haha anyways I can't wait till tomm night! I will right more about Rush tomm night after Pref!!

Nichole
Old 02-07-2002, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Night 2

Tonight was really fun! We played games w/the PNMs such as Outburst, Twister, Taboo, Trivia for Dummies (LOL), etc. I'm sure we will have some really great new members by Friday! Hopefully the weather will hold up for Bid Day cuz it's been kinda cold & rainy out lately. If the weather's decent we're going to have a campfire & S'moores & such. It's still hard for me to believe that I'm on the "other side" of rush now. It really is sooo different. I'm sure Fall Recruitment will be a lot more hectic &, but oh well.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

OK guys wish me luck...I have to go to pref tonight..*gotta find something ot wear first* lol I was thinking a black skirt and a nice shiny pink button up top does that sound good??!!

Nichole
Old 02-07-2002, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Wait-SparkliiQT-I'm cornfused-I thought you were rushing in the fall? Either way, it sounds like you're having a ton of fun, and I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear how Pref goes-you will have an awesome time! BTW-I wore a basic black cocktail dress to my Pref night-most of the other girls wore the same-diff styles of course
Old 02-07-2002, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG!! Pref was beautiful tonight...one girl like started to cry and I almost did....I really like ZTA but Im still curious about the other sororites on campus....ahh what should I do??!!

Nichole
Old 02-07-2002, 09:32 PM

If you feel really at home at ZTA then go for it! But, if you think you'll regret not looking into other sororities first then wait.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Pref Night

We had 6 wonderful girls come out for Pref Night tonight, and tomorrow we shall see what happens. Bid Day starts in the early evening, and we're having a cowgirl theme. I'll probably just wear jeans & a t-shirt, and put my hair in pigtails, since I don't have any country-looking outfits.