GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Chi > Chi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,903
0 members and 1,903 guests
No Members online

Old 02-18-2020, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Daughters that did not want to rush

As you can tell, I'm from the olden days when it was called rush. I had twins who went to FSU because they were born on Florida and got in state tuition.

in the summer of the mid 2000s , I took them to Chicago for college clothes shopping. One of the twins flat out told me she was not going to rush. I had a come to Jesus session with her right in the store and told both of them, you WILL rush, whether you pledge or not is up to you.

Fast forward, 10 years later, after graduation, I'm planning to attend a baby shower, next week organized and will be attended by most of her pledge sisters and bigs.

I asked the one who is organizing this shower for her sister, now aren't you glad you rushed. She was voted "model pledge" and her sister was voted Sorority Woman of the Year. She agreed and here we are.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

I had two who had major doubts, yet pledged and prospered!
Old 02-19-2020, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Mine was adamant that she WAS NOT going to pledge. She declared it to all of her friends. Through bribery, she agreed to go through recruitment--she heard it was a great way to meet people.

She is now happily living in the Theta House.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is a Delta Gamma double legacy but has so far made the decision to not participate in Greek life. Since she'll be a third year student at UCSB next fall, I would be very surprised if she chose to go through formal or informal recruitment.

I will say though that now that she's had a of class with a sorority member, she's come to realize that some of her previous thoughts about sororities were incorrect.

Last edited by TLLK; 02-20-2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
My daughter is a Delta Gamma double legacy but has so far made the decision to not participate in Greek life. Since she'll be a third year student at UCSB next fall, I would be very surprised if she chose to go through formal or informal recruitment.

I will say though that now that she's had a of class with a sorority member, she's come to realize that some of her previous thoughts about sororities were incorrect.
I work on recruitment with UCSB (along with other Region 8 chapters). They are a terrific group of young women in my experience working with them and staying there!! I'm sure the same could be said for the other Panhellenic ladies at UCSB. They do have a secondary quota for sophomores and above if you can convince her to give it a go this coming fall...
Old 02-21-2020, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

ZTA72, since this is under the Chi Omega forum, did at least 1 of your daughters join Chi Omega?
Old 02-21-2020, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
ZTA72, since this is under the Chi Omega forum, did at least 1 of your daughters join Chi Omega?
Yes, they both did. They both preffed ZTA. One preffed Kappa Delta and the other ADPi. Both girls loved all the groups, but it was Chi Omega that won them over!

Thanks for asking and my apologies for the crash.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh My Goodness, the baby shower for my Chi Omega daughter was today. So many of her pledge class sisters came to the party and I was just thrilled to see them after 15 years.

These girls are at the height of their beauty. Do I wish my girls had gone ZTA, of course, but Chi Omega is so sweet.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

How lovely that your daughter's Chi Omega sisters were there for her baby shower. Best wishes for a safe and easy delivery for mother and baby.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedg View Post
I work on recruitment with UCSB (along with other Region 8 chapters). They are a terrific group of young women in my experience working with them and staying there!! I'm sure the same could be said for the other Panhellenic ladies at UCSB. They do have a secondary quota for sophomores and above if you can convince her to give it a go this coming fall...

Hi dukedg. Thank you for your message. It's wonderful to read about your involvement with the Gamma Kappa chapter.
Can I send you a private message?
Old 02-25-2020, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Hi dukedg. Thank you for your message. It's wonderful to read about your involvement with the Gamma Kappa chapter.
Can I send you a private message?
Tried to make some space in my inbox -- try me again!!