GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Kappa
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,475
1 members and 2,474 guests
Cookiez17

Old 02-10-2006, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Please Help! ISO: "Sarabeth" of Sigma Kappa Omega Chapter (FSU early 1990's)

In trying to track down a previous member of Sigma Kappa, I tripped across this online forum and I'm wondering if anyone can help me:

I attended the Omega Chapter of Sigma Kappa for one year (1992-1993) at Florida State University. When I first joined, my Heart Sister very graciously gave me her full-length white gown that she and her mother lovingly made together. Now all these years later, I still have this gown and would like to return it to her as it may mean a lot to her. (Better this than give it to Goodwill, right?) The problem is that I lost touch with her right away and I have very little information to go on to try to track her down.

I just spoke to NHQ and they informed me that our chapter shut down in about 1998/9 so there is no-one that I can call down in Tallahassee, FL to ask for help. When I spoke with NHQ, I gave them what little information I have and got a name/address of someone in the Tampa, FL area whom I do not believe is this person.... so I'm now at a loss and am seeking your advice/help. You can reach me at: dc_soprano@hotmail.com

If you know who this person is, or how to track her down I would appreciate any help you can provide:
Her name: Sarabeth (Last Name: unknown)
Description: blond hair, tall, beautiful, no accent to speak of (i.e. southern)
Her Graduation Year: approx. Fall 1992 (possibly Spring 1993)
Chapter: Omega
College: Florida State University
Semester I met her: Fall 1992

Many thanks,
~ Julie
dc_soprano@hotmail.com
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-10-2006, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
I sent you an email.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Still looking......

Thanks again, Amy.

If anyone else has any way they can help, I would appreciate it. Amy's lead may not pan out, so suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
I pm'd you.

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 02-10-2006, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry, I don't know what "pm" means. Is that like a "bump" to bump it to the top of the thread on a message board?

(I checked my Hotmail... didn't see anything there.)
Old 02-10-2006, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by DCSoprano
Sorry, I don't know what "pm" means. Is that like a "bump" to bump it to the top of the thread on a message board?

(I checked my Hotmail... didn't see anything there.)
PM is a private message. Click on the "user cp" button at the top of this page next to the "register" button, and you will be directed to your private messages.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for the heads-up on what "pm" means. That lead didn't pan out as I already contacted NHQ re: their records earlier today. Thank you to anyone else who still has ideas................
Old 02-10-2006, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
DC, just talked to my brother and he doesn't have any contact info for his FSU SK ex girlfriend anymore. Sorry!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UFSigKap
Currently I live in Tallahassee and work only blocks away from sorority row although I went to UF so I don't know if I can be of any help.

The only website I know for the Tallahassee Alumnae chapter is

http://garnet.acns.fsu.edu/~ccr3382/

My advisor when I was in undergrad graduated from the Omega chapter but it was a few years after your friend graduated. I will contact her and see what I can do since I still keep in contact with her (she is also the president of the jacksonville alumnae chapter).

My best suggestion would be to contact the Tampa Bay alumnae president because a majority of their group are omegas. She could send out an email to their alumnae list serve and there would have to be someone that knows who you are talking about since so many of them graduated from Omega.

Good Luck with your search and I will let you know if I find out anything.

Sigma Kappa Alumna

University of Florida
Old 02-11-2006, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Would FSU Greek Office not have old rosters from the chapter or something that they could search on? At my school, whenever a student joins a chapter, they fill out a card with their parents and permanent address info on it.

If the Greek Life office can narrow the search down, maybe the FSU Alumni Office could help out as well.

Good Luck!! Please let us know how it turns out!!!

PsychTau
Old 02-13-2006, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Why not check the Sisters Only section of the web site? I've found lots of sisters that way!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone.... (status)

(Sorry, I don't know how to post to everyone individually or even know good billboard "netiquette." The msg boards I frequent on network54.com are set up differently.)

Amy: thanks for checking w/your brother. I appreciate it.

UFSigKap: Thank you for this wonderful help. I just checked out the link that you sent and found it has only one link to an email address. I’ve sent an email to the addy explaining my situation and am hoping someone will get back to me. I don’t know who will be receiving this email, but if you could still contact your advisor from undergrad, I would appreciate it. I will also try and dig up a phone or email for the Tampa Bay alumna group; that sounds like a hot lead. Thanks!!!

PsychTau2: I’ll contact the FSU Greek Office to see if they keep any rosters. Great idea, thanks!

crzychx: I am not an alumnus as I only attended for one year. Good suggestion though, thanks!

Last edited by DCSoprano; 02-13-2006 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Thanks everyone.... (status)

Quote:
Originally posted by DCSoprano
crzychx: I am not an alumnus as I only attended for one year. Good suggestion though, thanks!
I was only in Sigma Kappa for a semester but was able to go Alum since I transferred to a school that didn't have a chapter. I would be willing to email a sister for you with your contact info if you had her last name so I could search for her!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I PM'd you!
Old 02-13-2006, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

BetteDavisEyes: tried to pm you but am getting a msg that says your email box is full. Will try again later.

crzychx: Gee, I don't know if I'm a mbr or not, I left the sorority after joining for just my sophomore year because I was a poor college student and parlor fees were a little steep for my budget. I transferred after to my junior year to a small conservatory in the northeast. I don't know if I'm still considered a member, or if my daughter would be considered a "legacy" or not. Hmmmmm......

==============UPDATE:===============
This afternoon, her last name hit me like a ton of bricks: ****** and I think it was 1991 that she was initiated. If anyone has access that would be willing to email her MY information, please email off list and I'll send along my non-hotmail email account. I even have a picture that I still have of the two of us that I could send a link to. Thank you all so very much!

It is quite overwhelming, the power of the internet!

(edited to * out her last name as it seems I have a lead; will keep the list up to date! many thanks to all!)

Last edited by DCSoprano; 02-13-2006 at 06:44 PM.