GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 879
0 members and 879 guests
No Members online

Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh no. Gosh, how sad.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
My heart breaks for her. Miscarriages are tough. I've had one and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy
Old 12-08-2011, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Miscarriages are hard enough - can you imagine how it must feel to go through it so publicly, in the national news?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:49 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^That's what I was thinking.

I didn't realize this was Michelle's 2nd miscarriage. The first one was during her 2nd pregnancy. http://tv.yahoo.com/news/michelle-du...221738891.html

I'm sure the first one was bad enough, but to have this many children and THEN second one? That had to be a blindside.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 12-09-2011, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
#19 was God saying "this is enough". #20 is God saying "THIS is enough". I feel so bad for the family. I can only imagine how hard it is especially in the public eye. But now, I think it's time they start putting Michelle's health above their religion.

KLTC
Old 12-09-2011, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM_Mama00 View Post
#19 was God saying "this is enough". #20 is God saying "THIS is enough".
I wish people would stop saying things like this. It's fine if you don't think she should have 20 kids. It's fine for others to think she should have as many as she wants. What's not fine, IMO, is people thinking they know what message God is or isn't sending to Michelle. We have no idea what God might be saying, or whether He's saying anything at all.

Unless, of course, you've been told by God Himself that this miscarriage was His sign of disapproval. If you haven't received that message directly, then stop assuming what His position/opinion is.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But now, I think it's time they start putting Michelle's health above their religion.
This is a ridiculous statement. This is a major thing in their religion. How can someone religious stop doing something they believe God is commanding them to do.when they believe that God will take care of them in any
circumstances he puts them in. It's like telling a mainstream Christian not to baptize a baby because the only water available is brackish and it could cause the baby harm. If you're a Christian and believe that a baby must be baptised, are you going to refuse or believe that God will take care of the baby?
Old 12-09-2011, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
I wish people would stop saying things like this. It's fine if you don't think she should have 20 kids. It's fine for others to think she should have as many as she wants. What's not fine, IMO, is people thinking they know what message God is or isn't sending to Michelle. We have no idea what God might be saying, or whether He's saying anything at all.

Unless, of course, you've been told by God Himself that this miscarriage was His sign of disapproval. If you haven't received that message directly, then stop assuming what His position/opinion is.
Here's the thing--they opened up the "G-d's message" can of worms by intimating that their first miscarriage was a sign from G-d to stop taking the Pill. They can't pick and choose what to interpret as a message based on what fits their world view.

I like the Duggars. Both of my parents came from large families (not Duggar-size but close!) so I'm not against having a ton of kids. When you ignore some medical events, but not others, to fit your worldview possibly at the risk of leaving your children motherless, that's what I'm against.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Here's the thing--they opened up the "G-d's message" can of worms by intimating that their first miscarriage was a sign from G-d to stop taking the Pill. They can't pick and choose what to interpret as a message based on what fits their world view.
If the Duggars want to interpret certain life-events in certain ways, then that's their prerogative. It is their lives, after all. If they believe that their first miscarriage was a sign from God to stop taking the pill, then, again, fine. Their lives = their right to make judgments about whatever God may or may not be saying. To them.

Non-Duggars, on the other hand, are in no position to be making judgments about what God may or may not be saying to the Duggars. I'm doubtful that the Duggars can know what God is or isn't saying to them, but since it's their lives, it doesn't matter what I think. I have a pretty good idea, though, that people who casually throw around statements like, 'This is a sign from God to stop having children!' have no way of knowing what God wants from/thinks of the Duggars.

Last edited by SydneyK; 12-09-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: spacing for easier reading
Old 12-09-2011, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I won't make any comments on whether or not this miscarriage is G*d's will or not. He doesn't let me know His plans.

I will say that the poor woman's uterus is probably just friggin' WORN OUT! It must be all stretched out like an old sweater she has been wearing for 20+ years!

Tacky, tacky tacky warning, but I admit that I thought it... babies probably just fall out of her va-j-j now, unless they are seat belted in.

I am SO ashamed of myself
Old 12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post

Actually, He called me this morning when I got into work. He even knows my personal extension. So yeah, I DO know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
This is a ridiculous statement. This is a major thing in their religion. How can someone religious stop doing something they believe God is commanding them to do.when they believe that God will take care of them in any
circumstances he puts them in. It's like telling a mainstream Christian not to baptize a baby because the only water available is brackish and it could cause the baby harm. If you're a Christian and believe that a baby must be baptised, are you going to refuse or believe that God will take care of the baby?
Because God is commanding they let nature happen, which could eventually kill the mother, leaving 19 kids (possibly 20) motherless. Gee. I don't know?

God=body + mind + spirit. Body=telling Michelle it's time to stop, which= God telling Michelle it's time to stop.

3 Words:
Pull Out Method.

KLTC
Old 12-09-2011, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Actually, He called me this morning when I got into work. He even knows my personal extension. So yeah, I DO know.
When you resort to sarcasm in lieu of an actual argument, your words are pretty much meaningless, but I'll tackle them anyway.

Quote:
God=body + mind + spirit. Body=telling Michelle it's time to stop, which= God telling Michelle it's time to stop.

3 Words:
Pull Out Method.
According to Jim Bob and Michelle, God is not simply body+mind+spirit. Your first premise is seriously flawed. Regarding the second premise, the miscarriage could have happened because there was a problem with the baby, not necessarily with Michelle, so that one's out, too. Your conclusion therefore has no merit (not like it actually follows from your premises anyway, but I figured I'd play along).

And about your 3 words of advice - that might work for people whose religion doesn't dictate that they let God decide how many kids they have. Go back and reread AlphaFrog's post upthread for further explanation on this.

Ugh. Look, I'm not arguing that the Duggars should keep plugging away with the baby-making. I personally think they should stop. But it's not about me. And it certainly isn't about me trying to project my opinion onto their God. Anyone who thinks the Duggars should stop has a right to their opinion. But opinions don't translate into 'signs from God' just because someone feels strongly about it. That's all I'm saying. We have no idea what message God is or isn't trying to convey to these people.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
3 Words: Pull Out Method.
Whether or not this is a option that is approved by their religion is issue #1.

Issue #2.... you know what they call people who use the pull out method, right??

PARENTS
Old 12-09-2011, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I couldn't say it better

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/09/why_...a_miscarriage/

QUOTE:
So they’ve got plenty of kids already. This one was a long shot. They’ve ascribed a prior miscarriage to birth control. They have it coming, don’t they? Who wouldn’t call them “ridiculous” and “insane” for even attempting a 20th baby in the first place? Or at least, among those with a softer touch, decide that “Bless her, but personally I think 19 children is enough” and say, “This is a terrible thing but happens to many people across the world every day.” Compassion: now with qualifications!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

The oldest kid, Josh, and one of the cousins, posted photos from the memorial service on Twitter.

The photos included Jubilee's hands and feet. I read it on Jezebel, but I didn't click on the link to the site that had it so I don't know what all else it included.