GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,255
1 members and 2,254 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 07-28-2006, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum
I don't hate them, but I get sick and tired of hearing about them around here 365/24/7. They think they know football, but they have no clue.
lol..true we may not know everything, but I think we know a little something.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-28-2006, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

War Eagle
Old 07-28-2006, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsnake
-- how quickly you forget 5 in a row...
How quickly you forget that we have dominated this series at 56-37-5. Great, you won five in a row....like that has never happened before. You should educate yourself on the beatings and consecutive losses that OU has taken in the past.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25
How quickly you forget that we have dominated this series at 56-37-5. Great, you won five in a row....like that has never happened before. You should educate yourself on the beatings and consecutive losses that OU has taken in the past.
In ancient history. Actually, if you start counting say around.. post WWII, you'll find that OU is slightly ahead.

Texas has had its share of consecutive losses as well.

Or are you trying to make the point that some loss of OU's in 1913 is somehow relevant when there players playing for OU right now who have participated in consecutive shallackings of the UT? If you want to talk about series smack, how's this number... 7-2 OU National Championships vs. Texas National Champinonships?

-- and if DA reads this thread, we're not talking about the University of Ohio or the University of Tennessee.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-28-2006, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
I know my school has no chance of win the WAC but I'm just hoping they break their record from last year and actually win ONE game.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 07-28-2006, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
In ancient history. Actually, if you start counting say around.. post WWII, you'll find that OU is slightly ahead.

Texas has had its share of consecutive losses as well.

Or are you trying to make the point that some loss of OU's in 1913 is somehow relevant when there players playing for OU right now who have participated in consecutive shallackings of the UT? If you want to talk about series smack, how's this number... 7-2 OU National Championships vs. Texas National Champinonships?

-- and if DA reads this thread, we're not talking about the University of Ohio or the University of Tennessee.

Haha, you sound just like the typical OU fan. No one in Austin really cares that you won five in a row. Then when a UT fan comments on the All Time series lead or the fact that we have beaten your ass in consecutive years throughout the series......you all make up something lame like, "Oh, well we've won more since WWII. Sorry, but your whole response is rather ignorant. You can't just take a series and decide when you want to start counting wins and losses. So i'll break it all down for you.

Series : Texas leads 56 - 39 - 5
WWII Till Present : Texas Leads 36-31

And Texas has won 4 National Championships not 2. I also really don't care about how many OU has won. You portraying that as some head to head "series" is about like me saying well, Alabama and Notre Dame have destroyed OU in number of championships won......so OU must really suck.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE

I am looking for a repeat. The QB situation will be the problem for UGA.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25
Haha, you sound just like the typical OU fan. No one in Austin really cares that you won five in a row. Then when a UT fan comments on the All Time series lead or the fact that we have beaten your ass in consecutive years throughout the series......you all make up something lame like, "Oh, well we've won more since WWII. Sorry, but your whole response is rather ignorant. You can't just take a series and decide when you want to start counting wins and losses. So i'll break it all down for you.
Perhaps we see the value of measuring things in recent history? I'll admit that each game is a new one, and previous games have little or no bearing on those that follow.

And 4 NC's? You're starting to sound like an Alabama fan and their supposed 12 NC's.

If you're going by the Wikipedia definition, Texas has 4 NC's to Oklahoma's 9, but then again, they give Bama their 12. Of course, by any standard, Oklahoma has more hardware in terms of Conference Champinonships and NCs.

Quote:
And Texas has won 4 National Championships not 2. I also really don't care about how many OU has won. You portraying that as some head to head "series" is about like me saying well, Alabama and Notre Dame have destroyed OU in number of championships won......so OU must really suck.
At any rate, we'll see in October. Should be a good game. I'll definitely make the trip.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Perhaps we see the value of measuring things in recent history? I'll admit that each game is a new one, and previous games have little or no bearing on those that follow.

And 4 NC's? You're starting to sound like an Alabama fan and their supposed 12 NC's.

If you're going by the Wikipedia definition, Texas has 4 NC's to Oklahoma's 9, but then again, they give Bama their 12. Of course, by any standard, Oklahoma has more hardware in terms of Conference Champinonships and NCs.

At any rate, we'll see in October. Should be a good game. I'll definitely make the trip.
I wasn't going by Wikipedia....I just went to the Athletic sites of the different programs.

Technically, Oklahoma did win 9 because there were so many different polls used to rank teams. Oklahoma claims 7 because atleast three of those years there were three proclaimed National Champions...OU also lost their Bowl game in one of those early years but still got voted in by a majority of the poll systems. Texas has won 3 NC's undisputed and had one split with Nebraska in 1970.

Alabama is another story.....They claim 12 NC's and are recoqnized as having 12 when they could actually say they have 17 if they wanted. You can read about it here....its kind of interesting.
http://www.rolltide.com/fls/8000/files/files/14260.pdf

But yes, OU has won 3 Conference Championships to our 2.....HUGE deficit. Had OU stayed in the Soutwest Conference, then we may have had something to talk about.......

Last edited by macallan25; 07-28-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Try 38 conference championships.

I'm not talking about Big XII only.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Try 38 conference championships.

I'm not talking about Big XII only.
Thats great.

We weren't in the same conference for 75 YEARS!!!!!....and you weren't even the best team in the Big 8/MVC/BIG7/BIG6....Nebraska was. The SWC was far and away the better of the two, and Texas dominated it. Big XII has been pretty much equal for the most part.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

SWC far better?

I don't agree with you there.

I don't dispute Texas has a great football history. So does OU.

At any rate, we'll see how things play out in October. Both teams are excellent, and I know it'll be a great game.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, some people don't. I just think that for the time period, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Texas, and even say SMU probobly had an edge over Nebraska, OU, and I guess Missouri.

Should be a hell of a game though. Word is we are getting a couple days off from school for the game rather than the usual 1. Pretty damn excited.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

I'll be there barring something for school screwing up my plans. There's nothing anywhere in college football quite like that game. For those of you who don't know, the stadium is divided down the 50-yard line. OU fans on one side, Texas on the other.

The weekend is basically one long party. Should be a hell of a time.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I have never had more fun at any other college sporting venue aside from the Texas USC game last year.