GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,365
2 members and 2,363 guests
gatordeltapgh, naraht

Old 01-02-2008, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

CLOVERFIELD!

ok, so i am SUPER stoked for this movie. I love JJ Abrams (im a huge LOST fan!) so i know its gonna be interesting. I just hope that for all the hype this movie is getting, it doesnt disappoint. Any thoughts?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-02-2008, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
I read a spoiler from someone who allegedly watched in a test audience because I was so curious about what exactly was going to happen and so far everything they discussed has been shown in the newer TV commercials. I believe it's true. And if it is, I would NEVER see this movie. Anything that hypes itself this much always has a huge let down. Plus the ending and some of the stuff that goes on is plain silly. The whole plot was silly. I wouldn't even rent this, watch it on cable, nor would I watch it for free on network tv.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Spoiler? My guess!

I think that the movie is about Godzilla, but "it" will never be shown. We will simply see a bunch of different videos/points of view from people all over the city. Therefore, they won't ever have to say what or who it is. But that's my guess. I think people would be disappointed if this is the case.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

If that's the case, I would be disappointed as well. However, it looks like it will be a great, well-made movie anyway.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
I think that the movie is about Godzilla, but "it" will never be shown. We will simply see a bunch of different videos/points of view from people all over the city. Therefore, they won't ever have to say what or who it is. But that's my guess. I think people would be disappointed if this is the case.
i was thinking that too. I would be kinda bummed if that happens. JJ Abrams does that on LOST..there is a "smoke monster" that is quite mysterious..but he finally showed it after 3 seasons. Hopefully he shows this "monster" sooner than that.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I've also been thinking it was something like Godzilla. That would blow but I'll still give the movie a chance.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
As long as it's not like the stupid ending of "The Village" I'll watch it.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 01-03-2008, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina1201 View Post
As long as it's not like the stupid ending of "The Village" I'll watch it.
oh i know!! i loved the village until the end..that sucked
Old 01-04-2008, 08:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I am going to give you all a clue....when is the last time a movie got this much hype ....IN THE WINTER?

When you really think about it...not many big budget movies come out this time of year. Most 'blockbusters' are released when? SUMMERTIME AND HOLIDAY SEASON. think about it everyone...Your 'big' movies (Spiderman, X Men, Transformers, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter...etc) make big money in early May and June or November and December. When I started really hearing about this movie and found out it was coming out in the winter...it was suspect....

anything coming out now really is 'something to do' until summer rolls around again.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-05-2008, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I AM excited about seeing this movie! I'm completely falling for the secrecy they are keeping about the main character. From what I hear, the "monster" will not be Godzilla or King Kong or anything we've seen before.

If you're a total nerd like me, you'll find a few websites on the internet that also add to the mystery. http://www.1-18-08.com/ shows pictures of characters from the movie that can be moved flipped over with messages on the back.

And I guess, worst case scenario, it'll be "something to do" like DaemonSaid said. I'll still give it a chance.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think that it is inteneded to be a blockbuster, and I still think it's meant to be something we have not seen. My "Godzilla" guess is based on the screaming sound I thought I heard the "monster' make. This generation has not had a Godzilla that I recall. Again, I don't think we will ever see "it". I sure do hope it's not meant to be "Whatever you fear most". I would love for them to commit to something.

I also can tell from the trailers the that acting is so-so, but as long as no one messes it up for me before I see it, I will see it simply because my brother calls me every day and asks me, "So what do you think Cloverfield is about?".

But, JJ Abrams is pretty talented. We'll see...

Old 01-20-2008, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Anyone see this yet? I saw it tonight ... AMAZING.

Obviously I don't want to give anything away, but this is SO different than anything I've ever seen. It makes you feel like you're really there experiencing it. There were points that were so intense I wanted to cry, sobbing. Other times, just in complete awe.

It's just different; I think that's why people are hesitant about it. But it's one that you can watch maybe 2 or 3 more times to look for detail, but after that there's probably not much point.

The theories out on the internet are intense. And there are so many more 'other' things out there that add to the story. It's engrossing.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Im going to try to see it tonight....ill post my reaction as well!
Old 01-20-2008, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I probably won't see this one. It sounds basically like 'The Blair Witch Project' except with a Godzilla type monster in NYC instead of... witches or whatever.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
This movie never seemed interesting to me. It just seemed like a mix of War of the World and Godzilla. My boyfriend went to go watch it and said it was a waste of money. He was very disappointed in the movie. He told me that its kind of like Blair Witch mixed with War of he World, Godzilla, and two other movies that I can't remember. I don't think I'm ever going to spend money on or watch it.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again