GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Sigma Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,967
0 members and 1,967 guests
No Members online

Old 10-16-2010, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

The Secret Sister tradition

Does your chapter do Secret Sisters or something similar? What's your favorite part? Your least favorite part?

Online Kappa does "Special Sisters" instead of Secret Sisters because it would be really hard to keep the relationship secret over e-mail and snail mail. I love this aspect of OLK. My favorite part is selecting little gifts based upon the information given on a sister's personal yearbook page. My least favorite part is the trouble I have in finding a gift that won't cost a fortune to ship. I always seem to be drawn to heavy stuff like candles and cookbooks.
Order of the Rose recipient
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-16-2010, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Online Xi has a Secret Sister committee and so I'm hoping we can start this tradition soon! What a great way to get to know another sister on a more personal level
Life, learning, and friendship
I'm on a journey - follow my progress
Old 11-10-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica812 View Post
Does your chapter do Secret Sisters or something similar? What's your favorite part? Your least favorite part?

Online Kappa does "Special Sisters" instead of Secret Sisters because it would be really hard to keep the relationship secret over e-mail and snail mail. I love this aspect of OLK. My favorite part is selecting little gifts based upon the information given on a sister's personal yearbook page. My least favorite part is the trouble I have in finding a gift that won't cost a fortune to ship. I always seem to be drawn to heavy stuff like candles and cookbooks.
My land chapter has secret sisters. Thing is we have only 5 members. So if someone does not show up to a meeting, then it is pretty obvious who your secret sister is.

I suggested the "Special Sisters" idea to my chapter instead, but no one seemed interested in doing that.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Aww...too bad. "Special Sister" is a great solution, and it gives you a chance to get to know another sister really well over the course of the sorority year. "Secret Sister" doesn't really do that.
Order of the Rose recipient