GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,337
1 members and 2,336 guests
naraht

Old 04-21-2012, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

AGD Alum Needs Our Collective Help

Quote:
Jessica Marie Hehn is a fun, loving, beautiful and intelligent woman. 31 years young, Jessica just celebrated her one year wedding anniversary with her loving husband, Joe. They have two little dogs, Belly and Hobo, and live in the Lake View neighborhood of Chicago. Jess and Joe live healthy, active lives and are the committed owners of a small, Chicago-based health and wellness company, CHEW Chicago, where they help individuals create healthier lifestyles through education, food, exercise and fun. Unfortunately, earlier this year Jessica was diagnosed with stage IV non small cell lung cancer, learning the hard truth that cancer does not discriminate. Because they are self employed, their temporary health insurance runs out mid May and will not be renewed due to Jessica's lung cancer.

Jessica will be undergoing treatment at the Burzynski Clinic in Houston, Texas. The Burzynski clinic does not take insurance outright, and Jessica will have to fight for reimbursement from the insurance company. More often than not the treatment is not covered through insurance. The treatment, cost of stay, flights and expenses are very high, but they feel that it is the best option for Jessica’s health, well being and future. Every aspect of their lives has been totally changed due to this most current hardship: their health, their business, and therefore their income and finances, their family planning, their living situation and their day to day living. But they know that one thing will always remain constant: the support and love from their families, friends and God.

They really need your help and are humbly asking for it.
Here is the link to donate funds to help pay for her treatment. Any amount helps and I'd love to see the GC community get behind Jessica and let her know that she's not fighting this alone.

https://secure.piryx.com/donate/JuS9...sion-Survival/
Old 04-21-2012, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I presume she is an Alpha Gam from your alma mater? Are you currently in contact with her or did you hear this through the grapevine? I'd like to get in touch with her about programs our Foundation has to help with things like this. If you have an email address for her, could you PM me?