GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,395
0 members and 1,395 guests
No Members online

Old 03-06-2023, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Cleveland State University (Per IG)

Delta Zeta-5
Theta Phi Alpha-8
Phi Mu-3
Old 03-09-2023, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE View Post
Cleveland State University (Per IG)

Delta Zeta-5
Theta Phi Alpha-8
Phi Mu-3
CSU has Formal Recruitment in the fall.
Old 03-12-2023, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
I haven't seen results for Florida State .. their posted fall 2022 scholarship reports also reports membership numbers. You have to scroll down for the panhellenic numbers.

https://fsl.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/up...p%20Report.pdf
Old 03-16-2023, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Pratt Institute

Theta Phi Alpha-7

Tri Sigma closed last summer and became a local organization.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 03-24-2023, 03:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
All numbers have been updated for Fall and Spring. Thanks everyone for your help and information.
Old 03-26-2023, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

IFC

It would be nice to see a listing of IFC chapters at various university and college campuses as well. My alma mater, University of Vermont, has a chapter that dates to the early 1800s.
Old 03-26-2023, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmanning View Post
It would be nice to see a listing of IFC chapters at various university and college campuses as well. My alma mater, University of Vermont, has a chapter that dates to the early 1800s.
Well, get to work. But not in the sorority forums.
Old 03-26-2023, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Old 03-27-2023, 01:25 PM

What she said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Old 03-27-2023, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
IU Panhellenic has their 2023 Primary Recruitment Statistics (PDF) available on their website. There’s a lot of information available this year!

Please note that these numbers don’t include any new members added through informal recruitment.
Old 03-28-2023, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
IU Panhellenic has their 2023 Primary Recruitment Statistics (PDF) available on their website. There’s a lot of information available this year!

Please note that these numbers don’t include any new members added through informal recruitment.
Curious about a couple things that you or someone at IU might know more about:

-did ASA participate in formal recruitment this year? 0 new members means I'm guessing not. do they have a house?

-what does the 1 released PNM after open invite mean? was there one PNM so...unique...that every chapter declined to invite her back to philanthropy? if so, oof.

-at the bottom of the document it says "IU does not set campus total" in bold and italics so you know they really mean it. I might be out of date on my green book, but I thought there were a couple ways to calculate total NPC allows and then the campus itself selects which one to use? like mean, median, highest chapter size? am I totally off-base?
Old 03-28-2023, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
Curious about a couple things that you or someone at IU might know more about:

-did ASA participate in formal recruitment this year? 0 new members means I'm guessing not. do they have a house?

-what does the 1 released PNM after open invite mean? was there one PNM so...unique...that every chapter declined to invite her back to philanthropy? if so, oof.

-at the bottom of the document it says "IU does not set campus total" in bold and italics so you know they really mean it. I might be out of date on my green book, but I thought there were a couple ways to calculate total NPC allows and then the campus itself selects which one to use? like mean, median, highest chapter size? am I totally off-base?
I am an IU alum, I can definitely answer a couple of these. ASA has an office, not sure that is the correct word for it, but it's a central meeting spot. They can hang out there, have events, etc. They do not have a chapter house. They are down to around 40 members if I have been told correctly, so they were basically unable to complete formal recruitment. They do the bulk of their recruitment informally.

IU does not set campus total due to the different living situations. There are large traditional chapter houses, one chapter lives in an apartment block, and one chapter has a central meeting spot. By not setting campus total, chapters can better meet their housing goals. Some houses sleep 70ish while some could sleep 110+. This allows all chapters to be able to stay financially viable while making quota. Some COB to fill bed spots or a number their national organization would like them to meet.

As far as the 1 PMN released...if social media is to be believed she was an "influencer" who went to parties in the late fall and posted live from a fraternity house and then the house suffered some university consequences. There was a "fear" that she might make a habit of it and she was released by all chapters. I cannot verify this, but I have seen it written and heard it a couple of different places.
Old 03-28-2023, 02:24 PM

From what I heard, ASA did not do formal recruitment. I'm really surprised that Theta Phi Alpha didn't do very well. They were doing pretty good for a chapter with no house on that campus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I am an IU alum, I can definitely answer a couple of these. ASA has an office, not sure that is the correct word for it, but it's a central meeting spot. They can hang out there, have events, etc. They do not have a chapter house. They are down to around 40 members if I have been told correctly, so they were basically unable to complete formal recruitment. They do the bulk of their recruitment informally.

IU does not set campus total due to the different living situations. There are large traditional chapter houses, one chapter lives in an apartment block, and one chapter has a central meeting spot. By not setting campus total, chapters can better meet their housing goals. Some houses sleep 70ish while some could sleep 110+. This allows all chapters to be able to stay financially viable while making quota. Some COB to fill bed spots or a number their national organization would like them to meet.

As far as the 1 PMN released...if social media is to be believed she was an "influencer" who went to parties in the late fall and posted live from a fraternity house and then the house suffered some university consequences. There was a "fear" that she might make a habit of it and she was released by all chapters. I cannot verify this, but I have seen it written and heard it a couple of different places.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I do find it weird that there's no chapter total (but then again I remember that IU didn't get quota till recently.)

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 03-30-2023, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
From what I heard, ASA did not do formal recruitment. I'm really surprised that Theta Phi Alpha didn't do very well. They were doing pretty good for a chapter with no house on that campus.
Theta Phi did lease the Delta Tau Delta house for a few years. The house is massive, it has an indoor basketball court. It became a hardship rather than a benefit during recruitment and the chapter voted to move back to a block in an apartment complex and give up the house. They made quota one of the years in the house, they have not made quota since moving back to the apartments, which I find odd. I thought having an apartment block would appeal to women who want to be Greek but don't want to live in a house with 100 other women, share communal bathrooms, etc.