GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,458
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, SSPrintingLLC
» Online Users: 2,815
0 members and 2,815 guests
No Members online

Old 01-27-2003, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Senior Ceremony?

Wow, the fun things that I get to plan as the Social Chair! Is it a common thing that every chapter does to have a 'Senior Ceremony' to honor the sisters that are graduating in the Spring? Do you do a dinner or just a program? Any ideas anybody?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-27-2003, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Every chapter is supposed to do the ceremony in conjunction with their local alum group. Contact your chapter advisor, Regan, and talk to her about any ideas she might have. Dinners work, receptions with finger food work. Use your imagination.

Also, please send my congratulations to your chapter on your wonderful job with COB! I look forward to seeing everyone at regional conference!!!

Laura
Old 02-10-2003, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Senior Stuff

Hello:
As far as ceremonies go, we do the senior ceremony that's in the ceremonies manual, but we also do some other fun things. We have a banquet for the seniors inviting their parents, friends, boyfriends, etc. We have them walk down an isle to the front while reading a blurb about them. They then sit in front of everyone and we present them with a senior gift (usually a framed picture of the front of our house) and their aphil family members present them with a book of letters written to them by their peers or their parents. Each person has two or three letters read out loud to them. It is really great. People laugh and cry. After the ceremony, we have cookies, juice, and desserts available for everyone.

Before the ceremony that's usually on a Monday, we have a senior breakfast on Sunday morning. The chapter cooks breakfast for the seniors. We have fruit, make pancakes, bacon, eggs, and have bagels and juice. At this event we do and roast or toast and the seniors read their senior wills. It's a fun event because everyone likes to come to get free food on a Sunday morning.

Throughout the semester, we do a senior spotlight each week highlighting a different senior. We make them a poster board which people can put pictures, quotes, stories, or magazine cut outs on. After their week, we hang the boards outside their doors. We also display the boards during the Senior banquet.

We also play senior jeopardy giving facts about the seniors or read the answers to questions the seniors have answered in chapter and have the chapter guess what senior we're talking about.

For our chapter, our Director of Member Education does all senior programming.

Those are just some of the things we do. Let me know if you need anymore help!

Kary
Old 02-11-2003, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks tons! I am excited, but a bit overwhelmed too. Keep the ideas coming!
Old 02-14-2003, 05:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to auntieaub
senior SENDOFF

we had a whole week of programming before the actual senior ceremony.

we called it de-pledging week, where the other sisters made us do crazy stuff around campus (take a teddy bear to class, wear an ivy crown on our heads) during the day, and then in the evening there was always an activity planned, that the seniors HAD to attend. we had relay races on the lawn of some apt. bldgs, scavenger hunts, we went ice skating and other outings.

all that started on monday, on the friday evening each family got together in the cafeteria for dinner, then we had a cocktail party where our families gave us our paddles and read us a letter. lots of smiles and tears, at that one. then we all went home and got ready to go out and hit the bars, with the other sisters acting as sober committee.

our local alumnae group wasn't involved, and i don't know why, but there is a whole ceremony for inducting the graduating seniors into the alumnae 'world' and it's quite beautiful, so i would suggest doing a combination of all of this. it's really fun, and a memorable sendoff.

hope this gives you ideas!

aubrey