GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,367
2 members and 1,365 guests
indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 01-08-2011, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Will the potential girls know by the end of the information session if they have an invitation or not?

~sorry for all the confused questions. I'm a little nervous and want to know as much as possible so I'm prepared. I would love to be in a sorority.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by PC11 View Post
Will the potential girls know by the end of the information session if they have an invitation or not?

~sorry for all the confused questions. I'm a little nervous and want to know as much as possible so I'm prepared. I would love to be in a sorority.
Don't worry. It sounds like they are trying something new this year, and a lot of people are confused on both sides.

Just so you know, even if there are 7-9 chapters extending bids, some of those may be extending very few, and only to women they already know. So if you only get one or two invitations, don't be disheartened.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Don't worry. It sounds like they are trying something new this year, and a lot of people are confused on both sides.

Just so you know, even if there are 7-9 chapters extending bids, some of those may be extending very few, and only to women they already know. So if you only get one or two invitations, don't be disheartened.
This is excellent advice!
Also, I believe that chapters are allowed to extend bids starting Tuesday, most likely midday. I don't know when the cut off is, but with chapters taking small New Member classes, the bidding period will be short due to numbers. I know most plan to be done bidding by Thursday or Friday.

Try to go to any open events chapters are hosting after the Monday night Informational Session - especially if you were invited! Those are great opportunities, too!!

**UPDATE: Campus total was bumped to 163 to give more women chances to join this Spring!!**

Last edited by UFgatorLove; 01-08-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Update on Information
Old 01-09-2011, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Just to let everyone know I asked the MVP which sororities were actually accepting members this spring and there are only 5 houses doing it- so be aware!

EDIT- Sorry UFGatorLove :/

Last edited by flgirl05; 01-10-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl05 View Post
Just to let everyone know I asked the MVP which sororities were actually accepting members this spring and the only ones that are....
I was hoping to keep letters off, since Panhellenic Council was trying to make Spring different this year and not expose the PNMs to the facts as to which houses were and were not bidding.

If you're putting up letters, I must add that I was made aware of at least one other chapter was planning on extending bids to PNMs and it was a house new to Spring Recruitment this year. I have heard whispers of on more, who was not new to Spring Recruitment.

I won't post their letters for the fact that I started this post without them and I would like to end it without them.

Last edited by UFgatorLove; 01-10-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFgatorLove View Post
I was hoping to keep letters off, since Panhellenic Council was trying to make Spring different this year and not expose the PNMs to the facts as to which houses were and were not bidding.
I hate to break it to you, but they'd find out eventually. Unless the other sororities lied and said they took a very small spring pledge class.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I hate to break it to you, but they'd find out eventually. Unless the other sororities lied and said they took a very small spring pledge class.
Well, I'm mostly sad because it almost made it - Recruitment is tomorrow. Sadly, it did not.
Worse of all, I am still quite sure that was not the complete list. I may be wrong but I was told there was one to two more (as I said before).
Who knows. It was going so well on here until now.
Grrr...
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I heard that alot more houses were participating in this years rush, instead of just the typical houses that participate in spring rush? :/
Old 01-10-2011, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Well I fixed the problem UFGatorLove ha so maybe some people saw some didn't! I mean I actually emailed the mvp so she may or may not have been including all of the houses, I am assuming she would but who knows. I wasn't trying to ruin this post, was just trying to put information out there that I received!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

It seems like no one is quite sure, so I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Indeed you will- PC11 you should post back with an update of how it actually went tomorrow!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I heard that alot more houses were participating in this years rush, instead of just the typical houses that participate in spring rush? :/
"typical houses?"

SMH.

Sorry, it's been a difficult two days around here and my nice tank is drained.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 01-10-2011, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry! I didn't mean "typical" in a bad way. Definitely not. I would love to join any of them!

Yeah I will definitely check back and report on my experience.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Sorry! I didn't mean "typical" in a bad way. Definitely not. I would love to join any of them!

Thanks for clarifying and good luck to you and everyone participating in Spring recruitment.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 01-10-2011, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl05 View Post
Well I fixed the problem UFGatorLove ha so maybe some people saw some didn't! I mean I actually emailed the mvp so she may or may not have been including all of the houses, I am assuming she would but who knows. I wasn't trying to ruin this post, was just trying to put information out there that I received!
Thank you!! I wasn't trying to be mean or anything! I just know that my friends in houses doing Spring want it to not be broadly published. And, I swear there was one more, but I could be wrong, too. So we will have to see!

Quote:

I would be very excited to hear your thoughts on Spring Recruitment! Sadly I won't be there I have class straight through it

TODAY'S THE DAY!!
And if you do receive and accept a bid it will be so exciting for you!!!