GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 982
3 members and 979 guests
indygphib, PGD-GRAD

Old 11-29-2019, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day Activities

Hi! So I'm bid day chair for my chapter this year and I was wondering if anybody had some ideas bid day activities and bonding that we could do with the new members. We usually do pictures, pizza, bid day gifts, and play where the great wind blows. I want to make sure the new members feel welcome and excited about the sorority, and that they leave bid day feeling like they know girls and already feel like sisters. What do you guys do for bid day bonding?
Old 11-29-2019, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Does your chapter have a lot of members? Some games/activities we may mention would not be suitable if your group is too large.

Don't forget each NM needs the opportunity to speak with a few actives and NM she may not have met before Bid Day, immediately furthering her acquaintances within the chapter.

Give each New Member a sheet of lyrics to your chapter's favorite sorority songs; teach them those songs by loudly singing them together.

Strong bonding may take time for some NMs, so don't get discouraged if they have initial doubts and fears about becoming permanent sisters in your group.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

A lot of our sisters will be abroad so we'll have around 40 actives and 15 new members
Old 11-30-2019, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Assign a bid day buddy and a bid day buddy helper for each new member. Make sure the bid day buddy and helper are on the lookout for "their" new member, so she is not left by herself during the initial welcome home or anytime during the bid day festivities. Two girls trying to find one new member up the odds that no new members are initially alone.
The reason I suggest 2 members per each new member is to reduce the likelihood that any new member will not find her bid day buddy- when that happens it can really make a new member wonder if the chapter really wanted her. Any left over members could be provided clipboards with a list of the new members and their bid day buddies/helpers. Starting off on the best footing is key.