GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,456
1 members and 1,455 guests
Titchou

Old 01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
That was a straight slaughter, lol. At least they maintained a friendship and realized that it wasn't anything personal. It's only about the lyrics and music. These other cats done took things to all sorts of unneccesary levels.

I was @ the EPMD drama though. I didn't know all of that took place.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-27-2006, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Millions of miles from civilization... so I can't wait to leave.
Quote:
Originally posted by FeeFee
At least they maintained a friendship and realized that it wasn't anything personal. It's only about the lyrics and music. These other cats done took things to all sorts of unneccesary levels.
Yeah, did you see how Queens and the Bronx were just rapping about "The Bridge and The Bridge is Over". Then BET took it to the West Coast. You saw Ice T and NWA (Eazy E) with guns (automatic weapons) with scopes and sh__. That damn gangsta rap! But I still love it.

I wonder did DJ Herc know where Hip Hop would end up...

Last edited by bobbyearl93; 01-27-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbyearl93
Yeah, did you see how Queens and the Bronx were just rapping about "The Bridge and The Bridge is Over". Then BET took it to the West Coast. You saw Ice T and NWA (Eazy E) with guns (automatic weapons) with scopes and sh__. That damn gangsta rap! But I still love it.

I wonder did DJ Herc know where Hip Hop would end up...
Man, I looooooooved how Queens and the Bronx would have all these battle songs. Classic I tell ya. Marley Marl, The Juice Crew, Boogie Down Productions, everybody, LOL!!!

The whole game changed once hip hop made it to Cali, but I do have one NWA album and some Ice Cube ones too.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Quote:
That was a straight slaughter, lol. At least they maintained a friendship and realized that it wasn't anything personal. It's only about the lyrics and music. These other cats done took things to all sorts of unneccesary levels.

I was @ the EPMD drama though. I didn't know all of that took place.
I didn't know about EPMD either. Quite shocking. But I will be tuning in to see the conclusion tonight. All three BEEF movies are courtesy of Quincy Jones III.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 01-27-2006, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina1201
I didn't know about EPMD either. Quite shocking. But I will be tuning in to see the conclusion tonight. All three BEEF movies are courtesy of Quincy Jones III.
I have a hair appointment after work, therefore missing out on BeefIII.
I do know that my trusty GC hip-hop heads will keep a sista posted.

What about Game's new DVD that's coming out - Stop snitching, stop lying, something like that.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
Quote:
Originally posted by bobbyearl93
KOOL MOE DEE ripped Busy Bee a new one! That wasn't even fair. That was like matching up Allen Iverson with A C Green.
*dead* @ AI vs. A.C. Green!

I'm sorry Jay-Z fans, I'm one too, but that Swagger Jacker made Jay-Z look bad in my eyes. Yes, other people take rhymes, but to THAT extent? I still like Jay-Z, but Cam has a point, IMO. Anyway, it doesn't matter. The hip-hop game was always about beefs, it's all good....

Speaking of beefs, I'm sooooo mad I missed these Beef shows. I go to sleep too early, lol. I remember EPMD having a beef but what was it? I know BET will repeat these so I'll have to stay tuned.

It's a jungle out there.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Looks like it repeats very soon, Soror:

http://www.bet.com/Music/BET+Present...ionUnpublished
Old 01-31-2006, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

3 Hottest Rappers

Nas, Bun-B, and Common. Kan't be serious with some of the rappers that were named. Cam Dipset Kome on.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Top 3 Rappers Alive

****In my best fake a$$ Jamaican accent***

The best 3 rappers alive are Dylan, Dylan and Dylan!

I know ya seen Dave Chappelle imitating Dylan from Makin' The Band 2!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to nonchalant
My Top 3

1) Notorious B.I.G.
2)DMX
3)Lil Kim
Old 03-11-2006, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: My Top 3

Quote:
Originally posted by nonchalant
1) Notorious B.I.G.
2)DMX
3)Lil Kim
You do know that a lot of Kim's lyrics were written by B.I.G., right?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned

Re: Re: My Top 3

Quote:
You do know that a lot of Kim's lyrics were written by B.I.G., right?
Yes. Biggie helped make Kim who she is now. She's stated that on TV. She even has Biggie saying that on the La Bella Mafia album before a song. She said he used to push her to strive to do things for herself. He was tired of all of J.M. not doing for themselves. He said if you hungry, you gotta get out there and do what you gotta do to make it. Lil Kim took heed, and that's why she's where she is today. She will always be in my top list. Although, I don't feel this last album showcased the Lil Kim I'm used too. She is headed towards being commercial in every way. From her look to some of the songs on the album. I'm used to the hardcore take no sh*t songs versus kitty box. She did grow through Biggie. You also have to realize he been gone for a hot minute.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to unspokenone25
Re: Re: Re: My Top 3

Quote:
Originally posted by nonchalant
Yes. Biggie helped make Kim who she is now. She's stated that on TV. She even has Biggie saying that on the La Bella Mafia album before a song. She said he used to push her to strive to do things for herself. He was tired of all of J.M. not doing for themselves. He said if you hungry, you gotta get out there and do what you gotta do to make it. Lil Kim took heed, and that's why she's where she is today. She will always be in my top list. Although, I don't feel this last album showcased the Lil Kim I'm used too. She is headed towards being commercial in every way. From her look to some of the songs on the album. I'm used to the hardcore take no sh*t songs versus kitty box. She did grow through Biggie. You also have to realize he been gone for a hot minute.
You know, Ms. Wallace has an interesting perspective on Lil Kim in her book.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: My Top 3

Quote:
Originally posted by unspokenone25
You know, Ms. Wallace has an interesting perspective on Lil Kim in her book.

Oh really!!! I'll have to check that out. I may purchase the book on half.eBay. What's the name of the book?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I realize I'm over six years late on this topic (LOL), but I'll give my quick response.

Of all time, my top three (in no particular order): Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, and KRS One. These MCs presented lyrical and philosophical styles that were never before heard in hip hop. If I'm going to place any MC at/near the top of my list, he has to be an innovator of some sorts.

Big Daddy Kane is my personal favorite MC ever because he was so versatile, and his style really can't be traced back to anyone before him. He was ferocious on the battling tip (he's the best punchline MC I've ever heard, and I would bet serious money on an "in his prime Kane" against any MC in any era ); he could get educational and didactic; he was adept at manipulating his flows and rhyme schemes; he was charismatic; he had a good sense of humor; and he was MACK. Sometimes, I refer to Big Daddy Kane as the "Teddy Pendergrass of hip hop." However, I think this sort of hurt him later in his career because he began to deviate from the raw style that he was mostly known for and made music geared towards women. Nothing necessarily wrong with that as long as you can find a happy medium, but that was one of the major knocks against Kane.

He influenced a lot of MCs, and if there was no Kane, there would probably be no Jay Z, Big L, Notorious B.I.G., etc.

To be quite honest, I don't really listen to much hip hop today, at least not on the commercial level, because most of these artists flat out suck, or they're mediocre. Not many MCs today are pushing the lyrical envelope to unchartered territories, (IMO), like their predecessors; they just follow a formula constructed by the major label that signed them. They make catchy, club-friendly beats (which is cool), but they leave much to be desired in the department of rhyming skills. Then again, my standards are high anyway, so I'm not easily impressed by the average rapper who picks up a microphone. Many rappers today seem to want to be known more for their "swag" and criminal records as opposed to pure lyrical abilities.

Bottom 3 rappers:
Silk The Shocker
Vanilla Ice
Souljah Boy

Last edited by Suavesince1911; 03-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.