GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,488
1 members and 1,487 guests
No Members online

Old 07-26-2001, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Recruitment Schedule

For our recruitment, we're doing the following. Could someone please further explain what might happen on all of these days?

1) Values Night
2) Philanthropy Night
3) Theme Night
4) Preference Night
5) Bid Day

P.S. I did not recieve any information regarding style of dress for any of the events. What should I do?

------------------
***Tinkerbell***

~~~Don't worry, be happy!~~~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-26-2001, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Tink,
Ok so where do you go to school? we will start there so if any of the info I give is wrong, someone from your school may be on here and let you know the correct stuff.

Ok so "Values Night" is at least here an open house night. it pretty much tells you about the chapters values and a little about life in that chapter. The girls will be dressed casual. most likely shorts and a t-shirt. So feel free to do the same.

"Philanthropy Night" is a nigfht where you and the girls of the house do a little project to help some one else. you get to see and here about the types of service projects that house does. Ok clothes are again casual, i would suggest capris. only because they look classic, and will fit in incase the attire is a little dressier. this way you will fit in in any situation.

"Theme Night" is when the house does a little skit, telling you a little more about the house. it is a little break from the same chatter. Plus if your campus has houses, there will be tours. so you can see what the house looks like and see the rooms. Ok it is a little dressier this night. I would say a skirt would do great. most likely the chapters will be wearing skirts. do the same wear something that is a little dressier. think church or nice dinner with the grandparents. thats how you should dress this night.

"Pref Night" is a night where the house has a ceremony. I dont know how else to describe it. It is a wonderful night. It is in a way magical. This is very dressy. Most girls are wearing black cocktail dresses. think a party for your grandparents. You want to look semi formal.

"Bid day" is a fun day. This is a day where you see who bid on you and go greet your sisters for the first time as an official XZY new member. This is very casual. dress like you want to, jeans, shorts, whatever. it is so much fun you have a night with the girls some watchmovies and have dinner. you will have fun.

So this gives you an idea of what the days are and what to wear. But if you still arent sure about the clothes, talk to other girls who are going thru recruitment. See how they are dressing. Im sure it can only help. Have fun and I wish you good luck. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. I wouldnt mind, I would be happy to give you more advise.

Again, good luck,
Mairin