GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,200
2 members and 1,198 guests
zavictoiajnr131

Old 03-15-2003, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

tonight we are having a Sorority/Sorority mixer!

Ok so i'm a little anxious. I'm the social chair for my sorority and tonight we are trying something a little different that no other group has done here. We are having a mixer with the ladies from Gamma Phi Beta...I'm really nervous and excited at the same time. I've been working on the event for the past 3 weeks and tonight its actually happening. And the best part is the guys from SAE are throwing an after party for us! So wish me luck hope all goes well.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope you all have fun with your sorority/ sorority mixer! It's a great idea. Last semester my chapter invited another sorority to one of our sisterhood dinners. It was a lot of fun, and it enabled us to get to know the other chapter a lot better!
Old 03-16-2003, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
How'd it turn out? That's awesome -- that's exactly the kind of thing we need (instead of all the backbiting that usually goes on between chapters on campus.) How cool your chapter was the first to think of it What'd you guys do?
Old 03-16-2003, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
i posted a similar message in the dry mixer thread, but at penn state we have to have at least 2 non-alchs with a sorority. so we usually invite tri-sig or someone to watch friends or a movie in our suite. it's always a good time, cuz you get to hang out with a different group of girls.

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 03-17-2003, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

So let me just say the night couldnt have gone any better. Of course like anything else things were awkward at first but once we sent the girls on the scavenger hunt things started to fall into place. We mixed up each team so there were 2 and 2 from each group. Unfortunetly i didnt get to go on the actual scavenger, i stayed behind with the other social and hung out with a few of her girls as well as some of mine.
When the rest of the girls came back you could see that each group had gotten the chance to know eachother and that also was seen at our after party. When we got to our after party hosted by SAE all the girls were mingling and having a good time! NO TENSION at all. Even the boys made coments about how nice it was to see us girls having fun.
So all in all it was a great night. I got so many compliments and funny stories form both my sorority and the ladies of Gamma Phi Beta. I couldnt be any happier.
Sorry this was so long but i would have to say for my first mixer (its my first time as social) I am really excited! Got another mixer on friday with SAE so we'll see how that goes.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

we did that!

and it was wicked fun! Good luck. I am sure you will have a blast!!