GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,599
Threads: 115,517
Welcome to our newest member, et23
» Online Users: 1,031
1 members and 1,030 guests
indygphib

Old 04-09-2024, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
black holes have always fascinated me the most…
It's wild what the black hole in the movie Interstellar caused and even more mind blowing that the affect is apparently real science. Stephen Hawking had a TV series where one of the experiments basically proved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
It was really incredible.
Thanks for describing all that. Yeah, it had to be an incredible experience.

Right after the last one 7 years ago I thought about going to a path of totality area for this one maybe as an overnight trip or something. Then completely forgot about it until 2 weeks or so ago when I saw it reported somewhere.

I already regret not going for the 6 or so hour drive to see it.

Next times the path crosses the US are in 2044 & 2045. But there are total eclipses that will be viewable from other countries. Maybe I'll have to get a passport in a few years...

Quote:
All colors were less vibrant Almost like right before a major storm
That is really interesting and although I did not expect that, it makes sense it would happen. When we see colors what we are actually seeing are the light wavelengths that the objects did not absorb. So colors are the reflected wavelengths. Maybe while in the totality shadow those wavelengths from the sun were being significantly blocked by the moon and thus not available to reflect off the objects nearby within the totality zone.
^^^ Help Support GC ^^^
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-09-2024, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Looks like an upside down moon.

Youíre stuck on when he slammed his helmet on the ground Lol.

I remember when I first joined GC, most of your posts were either about black holes, astronomy, dinosaurs, animals, and weird astronomy scenarios that were way above my thought process Lol. You love you some science.
Hey, what happened to my pictures I took of the eclipse?

Yes! I swear, if I were her and I saw him throw his helmet like that, I would not be with him anymore. Heíd get a call/text from me after the game saying ďIím sorry, but itís just not working out.Ē Did you see that? Iím just likeÖ um.. no.

Ohhhhh yes! I love dinosaurs, astronomy, parasites, and animals of today. And speaking of parasites, I find them so interesting because theyíre the same parasites that infected the dinosaurs.

Quote:
It was really incredible. It's so hard to describe. It was a little bit cloudy but we could see everything really well.

The typical 40 minute drive to the mall in Toledo took about 2 hours and 15 minutes. We left at noon so when we arrived at the mall, we donned our glasses right away and checked it out. There was a small bite out of the sun already. Over the next hour, it just slowly got dimmer. It's really hard to explain but the whole atmosphere got dim. All colors were less vibrant Almost like right before a major storm? Or when the wild fire smoke is high in the atmosphere. As totality approached, it was like a 360 degree sunrise/sunset all around the perimeter of the horizon but the sky was getting really dark overhead.

You had to remember to look around with your glasses off for a bit when it was getting really dark. A huge flock of sea gulls who were pretty quiet before got really loud and started flying all over the place. The street lights went on! We hit totality and everybody in this mall parking lot started to cheer - There were quite a few people there! Then we could take pictures and look up without glasses or filters for 90 seconds. We saw the beads and the diamond ring and then the sun slowly started to come back, with that same muted atmosphere.

Hoping to avoid traffic on the way home, totality ended at 3:13 PM and we were in the car by 3:20 PM. Driving home, we could tell everything was still slightly muted until around 4:15. Drive home took an hour and 25 minutes so I'm glad we left kind of fast.

I think my instagram posts are public- you can see some pics there. https://www.instagram.com/p/C5hsjhkA...RlODBiNWFlZA==
I canít see it.

Sounds like you had so much fun, though. You got a chance to see history. Thatís pretty awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
It's wild what the black hole in the movie Interstellar caused and even more mind blowing that the affect is apparently real science. Stephen Hawking had a TV series where one of the experiments basically proved it..
I was going to ask you if you saw Interstellar.

Yes! That movie was so awesome! I lost count how many times I saw it. So, thereís actually a black hole close to us in astronomical terms, that apparently can be seen from Earth without a telescope. This summer weíre going up north where thereís no light pollution and Iím bringing my new telescope with me so I can see it. Hopefully. I was also amazed when they showed pictures of Sagittarius A ó the big black hole in the center of our galaxy. It was there all this time, we just needed proof. So happy theyíre no longer really a theory. Theyíre fact and reality.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 04-10-2024, 08:11 AM

In this post, 33girl is immensely crabby.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Self-driving semi trucks are the next big thing. Thatíll be a lot of jobs lost. Back in the day, labor was cheap and technology was expensive. Today, itís the direct opposite.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: Iím really enjoying ďPrehistoric PlanetĒ on Apple TV.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Whatís up with the swarm of all these cheesy ass movies showing up on Tubi?
Old 04-11-2024, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Damn shame when OJ is remembered for being accused of a double murder. They haven’t said one thing about his football career. I was just 7 years old when this happened.
https://youtu.be/Ym-700iMThU?si=GXa3UxeLsDxh32Ru
Old 04-12-2024, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Damn shame when OJ is remembered for being accused of a double murder. They havenít said one thing about his football career. I was just 7 years old when this happened.
https://youtu.be/Ym-700iMThU?si=GXa3UxeLsDxh32Ru
You were 7? I had just turned 11, lol. Iíll be 41 Saturday. 🫤 30 years went by that fast! Yikes!

Thatís all theyíve been talking about is the double murder. I mean, I totally get why they havenít talked about his football fame. He brought it on himself. He was freaking nuts! And then, he was totally arrogant about his psychotic behavior. Thereís no way he didnít do it. The authorities never did find the real killer. They didnít find the real killer because the real killer was acquitted.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You were 7? I had just turned 11, lol. Iíll be 41 Saturday. 🫤 30 years went by that fast! Yikes!

Thatís all theyíve been talking about is the double murder. I mean, I totally get why they havenít talked about his football fame. He brought it on himself. He was freaking nuts! And then, he was totally arrogant about his psychotic behavior. Thereís no way he didnít do it. The authorities never did find the real killer. They didnít find the real killer because the real killer was acquitted.
Of course. I know he did it, too. But I was glad he got acquitted, only because white folks had been murdering black folks for centuries and got away with it. Rodney King got beat down by racist cops just a few years before OJ and all of them got acquitted. So why canít he? Thatís the way I felt about it.

What pissed me off about Nicole was when she told her parents she was dating OJ, she said I need to tell you that my boyfriend is black. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? And it wasnít that he was a world class athlete or a movie star, no, I need to tell you he is black. Like she knew her family would have a problem with her dating a black dude. And she literally hadnít accomplished anything in life. Just born white and blonde. What was she, a waitress? I hate to speak badly of the dead, but that woman was a bitch and her family was racist and she wouldnít have given OJ a second look if he worked at the post office.
Old 04-12-2024, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Iíve always thought O.J. was full of himself. A straight up narcissist.
Old 04-12-2024, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Of course. I know he did it, too. But I was glad he got acquitted, only because white folks had been murdering black folks for centuries and got away with it. Rodney King got beat down by racist cops just a few years before OJ and all of them got acquitted. So why canít he? Thatís the way I felt about it.

What pissed me off about Nicole was when she told her parents she was dating OJ, she said I need to tell you that my boyfriend is black. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? And it wasnít that he was a world class athlete or a movie star, no, I need to tell you he is black. Like she knew her family would have a problem with her dating a black dude. And she literally hadnít accomplished anything in life. Just born white and blonde. What was she, a waitress? I hate to speak badly of the dead, but that woman was a bitch and her family was racist and she wouldnít have given OJ a second look if he worked at the post office.
I wanted to respond to your post earlier when I originally posted what I did, but something came up. What I wanted to post was that both O.J. and Nicole were trifling. Címon man, letís call the shots like they are. When O.J. met Nicole, he was married. She also knew he was married but still slept with him anyway.

Now, when O.J. divorced is first wife and later married Nicole, did Nicole really think she was going to be exempt from being cheated on by a man who cheated on his first wife with her? 😂

And on top of that, not only was he a cheater, he was a verbal and physical abuser, as well. That right there my man, that is the true definition of a weak man. Let me spell it out for you. W.E.A.K. weak. He falls directly into the male category.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

lol
Omg, you are so mad. Hilarious!

I totally agree with you about his ďraceĒ being an issue. Why? Iíve never understood that or why thatís such an issue with so many people and families. I disagree with you about his acquittal. Murder is murder, regardless of who itís committed by.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I wanted to respond to your post earlier when I originally posted what I did, but something came up. What I wanted to post was that both O.J. and Nicole were trifling. Címon man, letís call the shots like they are. When O.J. met Nicole, he was married. She also knew he was married but still slept with him anyway.

Now, when O.J. divorced is first wife and later married Nicole, did Nicole really think she was going to be exempt from being cheated on by a man who cheated on his first wife with her? 😂

And on top of that, not only was he a cheater, he was a verbal and physical abuser, as well. That right there my man, that is the true definition of a weak man. Let me spell it out for you. W.E.A.K. weak. He falls directly into the male category.
Both messed up individuals indeed. All Iím saying is whatís good for the goose is good for the gander.
Quote:
lol
Omg, you are so mad. Hilarious!

I totally agree with you about his ďraceĒ being an issue. Why? Iíve never understood that or why thatís such an issue with so many people and families. I disagree with you about his acquittal. Murder is murder, regardless of who itís committed by.
And getting away with it is getting away with it. OJ wasnít the only person to get away with murder. Thatís nothing new. Been happening for centuries, and those folks werenít celebrities like OJ. We all know what that was about.
Old 04-13-2024, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Btw: Happy birthday, CG. You said youíre turning 61 today? Lol
Old 04-13-2024, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Iíve always thought O.J. was full of himself. A straight up narcissist.
PB, you do know that OJ is a Krappa, right? I hung out with some frat brothers of mine today, and we were talking about him. They said he pledged Krappa at USC. So I looked it up, and whaddya know, Kappa Alpha Psi Lol. Apparently yíall took him off your prominent members list. Sad.