GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,598
Threads: 115,517
Welcome to our newest member, JacquesGou
» Online Users: 1,394
1 members and 1,393 guests
JacquesGou

Old 04-03-2024, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

A lot of heaviness in my life lately. It has brought good people back into my orbit though.

Also thankful for the hospice vet who helped my dad's dog, they are going to help a neighbor of mine say farewell to their wonderful dog. A sad day for that family but I'm glad things worked out and truly appreciative for the vet's work in helping families and their animals during a difficult time.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-03-2024, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
:: shrugs :: I donít know. I went on the internet to sign in one day, and it wasnít there anymore.
Iím talking about what kind of site was it? Thatís what I meant. What kind of topics were being talked about? You said it was for people who are Greek - the ethnicity. I remember you posting that your ethnicity is Greek. Iím just curious to see what that site was about.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Iím talking about what kind of site was it? Thatís what I meant. What kind of topics were being talked about? You said it was for people who are Greek - the ethnicity. I remember you posting that your ethnicity is Greek. Iím just curious to see what that site was about.
Yes. The topics and posts were about the same as they are here. The only differences are this site talks about anything and everything, with the focus on Greek letter organization discussions. The other site I used to post on talked about anything and everything, but with the focus on Greek Orthodox discussions. It was a fun site like this one.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 04-03-2024, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes. The topics and posts were about the same as they are here. The only differences are this site talks about anything and everything, with the focus on Greek letter organization discussions. The other site I used to post on talked about anything and everything, but with the focus on Greek Orthodox discussions. It was a fun site like this one.
Ok, I was just curious. Iím assuming it was a religious chatroom? Is Greek Orthodox your religion?
Old 04-03-2024, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ok, I was just curious. Iím assuming it was a religious chatroom? Is Greek Orthodox your religion?
Not really. I mean, it was, but our off topics were like they are over here. Just because it was a Greek Orthodox chatroom doesnít mean people were being ďOhhhh, holy art thouĒ. I know I wasnít, lol.

Yep, I was born and raised in Orthodoxy, but I donít practice that faith anymore. Iím Protestant now.
Old 04-04-2024, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Multiple ANGRY persons, having both loudly thumping car stereos and poor driving skills concerning proper use of their gas pedals, have been driving our town's streets during the past two months.

What on earth is making these drivers so consistently upset?

At first, unusually warm weather brought them around. Now their noise and driving attitudes have become too common to say only good weather brings them to our streets.

So WIFLSRN: constantly blasting away a bad mood while driving recklessly and noisily thru town at all hours is no way to impress, or live in harmony with, your neighbors. Your actions dont seem to be improving your mood any, either.
Old 04-04-2024, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Not really. I mean, it was, but our off topics were like they are over here. Just because it was a Greek Orthodox chatroom doesnít mean people were being ďOhhhh, holy art thouĒ. I know I wasnít, lol.

Yep, I was born and raised in Orthodoxy, but I donít practice that faith anymore. Iím Protestant now.
Lol I already knew you werenít that way without you telling me, based on your posts over here. Is there a difference between the two faiths? Whyíd you switch? You donít have to say, Iím just curious.
Old 04-04-2024, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lol I already knew you weren’t that way without you telling me, based on your posts over here. Is there a difference between the two faiths? Why’d you switch? You don’t have to say, I’m just curious.
There’s like minor Biblical differences. Orthodoxy has more books in the Old Testament, but I think they’re the same in the New Testament. And then worship services are very different. I mean, at least at the church I grew up in is that way. I made the switch because Orthodoxy marries Orthodoxy. It’s not allowed to marry outside of that faith. My husband is Protestant.

There’s a saying that goes… “A family that prays together stays together.” And this is true when it comes to a Christian marriage. I just think prayer develops a habit of faithfulness, which is a necessary component of marriage and family. I just don’t think it’s healthy for a couple to practice the same faith in God at two different churches. That’s why I converted to Protestant.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There’s like minor Biblical differences. Orthodoxy has more books in the Old Testament, but I think they’re the same in the New Testament. And then worship services are very different. I mean, at least at the church I grew up in is that way. I made the switch because Orthodoxy marries Orthodoxy. It’s not allowed to marry outside of that faith. My husband is Protestant.

There’s a saying that goes… “A family that prays together stays together.” And this is true when it comes to a Christian marriage. I just think prayer develops a habit of faithfulness, which is a necessary component of marriage and family. I just don’t think it’s healthy for a couple to practice the same faith in God at two different churches. That’s why I converted to Protestant.
Wow, you kept that on the down low. That’s good stuff, CG. You were determined to make that work Lol.

What was your username back when you were a member of the ethnic Greek site you posted on?
Old 04-05-2024, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wow, you kept that on the down low. That’s good stuff, CG. You were determined to make that work Lol.
No, I wasn’t keeping it quiet. You asked me, so I was just answering your questions the best way I could.

Yep, one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. It totally paid off.
Quote:
What was your username back when you were a member of the ethnic Greek site you posted on?
It was cheerfulgreek on that site, too.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I knew I was right.
https://youtu.be/_oAnq34AzyE?si=fvrIJKEtuIy-GvNI

I disagree with him on his thoughts about older cars, though. I can’t disagree more.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It was cheerfulgreek on that site, too.
Lol! I had a feeling you were going to say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I knew I was right.
https://youtu.be/_oAnq34AzyE?si=fvrIJKEtuIy-GvNI

I disagree with him on his thoughts about older cars, though. I canít disagree more.
I think he was right about those old jalopies from the 20s and 30s. All those cars back then were identical. Literally.
Old 04-05-2024, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think he was right about those old jalopies from the 20s and 30s. All those cars back then were identical. Literally.
Not really, when you add other factors into it. Cars were very new then, which he left out. Thatís important. It wasnít until 1932 when the car was pretty much accepted as here to stay.

Also, if you look at the first 2-3 decades of the 20th Century, many variations of auto styling were explored, unlike today. Added to that, all of those variations related to other vehicles. Back then, the major influences on car design, apart from animal-drawn carriages, were boats and ships, locomotives, and later on, airplanes. Too many government regulations prevent that kind of styling exploration today.

Back then, the average affordable car looked nothing like high-end cars of the same time period. Now, today, high-end cars look just like average, affordable cars like Hondas, Hyundais, and Kias.

With styling today, thereís not much to separate the elite vehicles from the average, affordable vehicles, especially when near everything today is an SUV.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
https://youtu.be/2JtzHhf3hXc?si=3osJ1VyUR4prEqBM
Old 04-06-2024, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Not really, when you add other factors into it. Cars were very new then, which he left out. Thatís important. It wasnít until 1932 when the car was pretty much accepted as here to stay.

Also, if you look at the first 2-3 decades of the 20th Century, many variations of auto styling were explored, unlike today. Added to that, all of those variations related to other vehicles. Back then, the major influences on car design, apart from animal-drawn carriages, were boats and ships, locomotives, and later on, airplanes. Too many government regulations prevent that kind of styling exploration today.

Back then, the average affordable car looked nothing like high-end cars of the same time period. Now, today, high-end cars look just like average, affordable cars like Hondas, Hyundais, and Kias.

With styling today, thereís not much to separate the elite vehicles from the average, affordable vehicles, especially when near everything today is an SUV.
I canít see any differences in those cars. None at all.
Quote:
Lmao @ ďsweet daddy EĒ. That dude is making a mockery of black people.