GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,598
Threads: 115,517
Welcome to our newest member, JacquesGou
» Online Users: 1,411
1 members and 1,410 guests
JacquesGou

Old 03-05-2024, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post

With the dude working at McDonald’s making $15.00/hr. you’d definitely be paying some of his bills if y’all were long-term. You see how you said you wouldn’t pay for his bills?
I don't think you realize how old I am. If he's working at McD's making $15.00 it's because he's retired, on social security, and just trying to keep busy but will lose some of his social security if he makes too much money. And at my age, we've been paying our own bills our whole lives. My finances will never be mingled with someone else's and my kids will get the majority of my estate when I die.

My dad was foolish, got remarried, left it all to her (except for his stock options account) and now her kids will get everything when she dies. That's not right and I won't do my kids that way.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-05-2024, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Why do you call the cat marijuana meanie? Lol
We have funny nicknames for some of our strange patients who have strange owners. The cat is a caution cat, but his owner is like SO mellow, like, ALL. THE. TIME. She adopted him from a shelter. His owner has some health issues so she’s being treated with medical marijuana, according to her. So, we just refer to her cat as “marijuana meanie”. I hope we don’t slip one day and call him that by accident in front of the owner, lol.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-05-2024, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: We opened at 7 this morning. I just got home from work, like 20 minutes ago!
Old 03-05-2024, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN again: Normally, I take a shower after work. But today was such a long day that I decided to take a bath tonight. I swear, everything hurts. That many big dogs that were like really strong today and all day — everything hurts. I swear my job is like a game of football sometimes. My lower back. Everything hurts.

I am so sleepy. The minute I close my eyes, I know I’ll go into a deep, deep sleep. My patients almost killed me today trying to get them to cooperate.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
WIFLSRN: We opened at 7 this morning. I just got home from work, like 20 minutes ago!
That's a long hard day. Hope you get a good night's sleep!
Old 03-06-2024, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I don't think you realize how old I am. If he's working at McD's making $15.00 it's because he's retired, on social security, and just trying to keep busy but will lose some of his social security if he makes too much money. And at my age, we've been paying our own bills our whole lives. My finances will never be mingled with someone else's and my kids will get the majority of my estate when I die.

My dad was foolish, got remarried, left it all to her (except for his stock options account) and now her kids will get everything when she dies. That's not right and I won't do my kids that way.
I read old posts when I’m bored and want to crack up laughing. I’ve read some of yours too. I read your wedding thread Lol. That and the other conversations you’ve had gave me the impression that you’re older but not old. I just looked at your profile. You’re not old, yet. Late 60s/early 70s is moderately old. Late 70s and 80s is old. 90 is dust Lol.

I wasn’t talking about him working there while retried. I’m talking about if he’d been there for a minute doing the same thing for some years. Let’s say well over 15 years. That long I’ll put his hourly pay at 20.50/hour Lol. But let’s say he was that dream dude you (his personality) like/want. Handsome dude too. Would you date him? I’ll bet you wouldn’t.

Quote:
Quote:
WIFLSRN again: Normally, I take a shower after work. But today was such a long day that I decided to take a bath tonight. I swear, everything hurts. That many big dogs that were like really strong today and all day — everything hurts. I swear my job is like a game of football sometimes. My lower back. Everything hurts.

I am so sleepy. The minute I close my eyes, I know I’ll go into a deep, deep sleep. My patients almost killed me today trying to get them to cooperate.
Damn, CG. You’ve been pulling some long ass hours. Is it that way on certain days? You said “everything hurts” multiple times in one post Lol. I thought you workout on a regular basis.

Last edited by Phrozen Sands; 03-07-2024 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's a long hard day. Hope you get a good night's sleep!
Thanks, Dee. I really needed it.
Quote:
Damn, CG. You’ve been pulling some long ass hours. Is it that way on certain days? You said “everything hurts” multiple times in one post Lol. I thought you workout on a regular basis.
Yes! My hours are very long on some surgery days. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen some days. But then, some days I’m done like really early. It just depends on how many patients I have or what needs to be done with those patients. I got home at like 4ish today. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are like always normal days for me.

I do workout. I workout at my gym 3 days a week. But if you were my size and a lot of your patients were bigger, heavier, and stronger than you, you’d be saying everything hurts, too.

My lower back hurts because of a patient of mine (St. Bernard) jumped on top of me and pushed me back onto the stairs leading to our back door, last year. Those stairs are like concrete or something. That hurt SO bad! It was agonizing! It totally knocked the wind out of me. Very sweet dog, but with his weight, strength, and while standing on his hind legs, I just couldn’t handle him. He weighs like 160 lbs.
Old 03-07-2024, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes! My hours are very long on some surgery days. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen some days. But then, some days I’m done like really early. It just depends on how many patients I have or what needs to be done with those patients. I got home at like 4ish today. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are like always normal days for me.

I do workout. I workout at my gym 3 days a week. But if you were my size and a lot of your patients were bigger, heavier, and stronger than you, you’d be saying everything hurts, too.

My lower back hurts because of a patient of mine (St. Bernard) jumped on top of me and pushed me back onto the stairs leading to our back door, last year. Those stairs are like concrete or something. That hurt SO bad! It was agonizing! It totally knocked the wind out of me. Very sweet dog, but with his weight, strength, and while standing on his hind legs, I just couldn’t handle him. He weighs like 160 lbs.
You might want to get that checked out, CG. Back problems catch up to you the older you get, especially if you’ve had an injury.
Old 03-07-2024, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

https://youtu.be/7f2JaAyxsww?si=JqWBLn029YjlusMN
Old 03-07-2024, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I was never a Boy Scout but I sure have been selling several boxes of Girl Scout cookies today at work for my kid.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I was never a Boy Scout but I sure have been selling several boxes of Girl Scout cookies today at work for my kid.
They’ve been selling them out here too. Every time I turn around, some little girl is trying to sell me a box of Girl Scout cookies. I don’t make eye contact. I just keep walking with my headsets on and act like I don’t see or hear them Lol.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Girl Scout cookies sell themselves!
Old 03-07-2024, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you guys watching the State of the Union address?
Old 03-07-2024, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't. I couldn't take politics tonight.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I didn't. I couldn't take politics tonight.
lol