GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,599
Threads: 115,517
Welcome to our newest member, et23
» Online Users: 1,332
1 members and 1,331 guests
Titchou

Old 05-08-2014, 07:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lol you bought a PS4 for one game? I've never heard of that game, but I did watch the video. I hope you didn't buy a PS4 for one game, because when I got to the end of the video it said it was going to be made for the XBox One, too. Sweet game, though. If it is coming out in November, it will be on my "games to buy" list. The sound and graphics are incredible.
LOL I wanted a PS4, too, because of GT7. That's a Sony exclusive. With Project Cars, I heard it was going to be for the PS4, and PC only. I agree, the graphics are off the hook, but I'm leery on the sound graphics. I know what most exotic and hyper cars sound like in real life, Porsches especially, and based on the McLaren F1 and Ruf engine sounds, I might not buy it at all. It has to drive like the real thing, and sound like the real thing. If it doesn't I'll leave it sitting on the shelf. I'll have to play it when it's available to see. It's still being developed.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
Heh, if you gave instructions like that to me for my cat, he just wouldn't eat for the 8-9 days.

A couple of years ago, his vet was worried that he wasn't getting enough liquid in his diet. We were free-feeding him kibble and putting a bowl of water at his feeding station. The vet had me transition him to a soft-foods diet. He would NOT touch it. Finally, we gave up and put him back on kibble. We did get him a water fountain, though (he likes moving water), and put a bowl of water in our bedroom (he likes to sleep with us, and this way he doesn't have to go all the way across the house to the feeding station).

What kind of cat doesn't like gooshyfood? Our silly cat, that's who.
I don't have any pets, but I've always been interested in knowing how cats purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
LOL I wanted a PS4, too, because of GT7. That's a Sony exclusive. With Project Cars, I heard it was going to be for the PS4, and PC only. I agree, the graphics are off the hook, but I'm leery on the sound graphics. I know what most exotic and hyper cars sound like in real life, Porsches especially, and based on the McLaren F1 and Ruf engine sounds, I might not buy it at all. It has to drive like the real thing, and sound like the real thing. If it doesn't I'll leave it sitting on the shelf. I'll have to play it when it's available to see. It's still being developed.
I'm over here laughing, because I'm like that when it comes to my sports games. Baseball, Madden, and NBA 2K, especially.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Heh, if you gave instructions like that to me for my cat, he just wouldn't eat for the 8-9 days.

A couple of years ago, his vet was worried that he wasn't getting enough liquid in his diet. We were free-feeding him kibble and putting a bowl of water at his feeding station. The vet had me transition him to a soft-foods diet. He would NOT touch it. Finally, we gave up and put him back on kibble. We did get him a water fountain, though (he likes moving water), and put a bowl of water in our bedroom (he likes to sleep with us, and this way he doesn't have to go all the way across the house to the feeding station).

What kind of cat doesn't like gooshyfood? Our silly cat, that's who.
lol
You would have one angry cat.

Water fountains are the best. I totally recommend those. Yes, cats are very finicky eaters. You'd be surprised, some cats only like the kibble. One of my patients has FLUTD, and I have him on a soft food only diet because of that. His owner said he wouldn't touch it at first, because he loved his kibble, but he's now started eating it. With FLUTD, he really doesn't have a choice, so no kibble for him.

Quote:
Why? What's going on next year?
Because next year, I'll be board certified by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in the subspecialty of small animal internal medicine, with an emphasis in parasitology.

After that, I don't want to see anymore instructors/trainers/study material/or MVS people.
eta: because if I do, I'll end up like this....
http://youtu.be/wNFMPhKIZXg

Quote:
I don't have any pets, but I've always been interested in knowing how cats purr.
When I was in school, we would study purring by using a sonogram. The higher the spikes, the louder the noise. The rumbling sound is produced as the vocal chords are vibrated by a special set of muscles, like a low pitched hum. The difference from a hum is that the basic sound is not produced by air passing across the vocal chords and making them vibrate, but rather by the vocal chords themselves banging together. Often cats will also hum at the same time, but this is possible only on the out-breaths, reinforcing the sound of the purr and giving it a more rhythmic quality.

Also, some cats can add a further meow-like sound to their purr, making it seem more urgent to the human listener. They often will do that when they want food from their owners, reverting to the normal purr when they are content. They're such manipulators.

As far as I know, the meow-purr has not yet been recorded from kittens or from ownerless cats, so it may be that (in my experience), like the meow, this is something individual cats learn as an effective way to get something they want. As the old saying goes, --dogs serve their owners, while cats are served by their owners. And this is so true.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 05-08-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So now I've been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and gastroparesis. FML.
Aww, I'm so sorry. My sister has GP. <3

Allergies have been OWNING me all week. I haven't been affected by seasonal allergies in YEARS, and I almost dislike wearing my glasses outside the house, so my eyes are uber irritated by my contacts. I've been super groggy waking up every day this week.

On another note, I seriously need to reduce time spent on my phone. I legit feel myself overstimulated by the end of the day. I find myself reaching for it when I wake up and on it up to an hour before falling asleep. I already keep it on silent/vibrate all day to fight temptation to reach for it after every notification but during my commute and when I get home... I'm just overstimulated. :/
Old 05-08-2014, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh for the love of Mike, that was the fastest trainwreck EVER. I go feed my dogs and *poof*! closed.

Makes the other perp we've been entertaining look like she's kinda sorta "normal", that one does.

SMH.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 05-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Oh for the love of Mike, that was the fastest trainwreck EVER. I go feed my dogs and *poof*! closed.
I swear! Thread locked and all.

The GC NPC women have been kicking butt this week. I love it.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:07 AM

I think I got sick on the plane. It's like 75 here, and I have a sore throat and stuffy/runny nose. Also the cat is not reacting well to the weather change and has gooey poo. It's laffaminit here at Casa 33, I tell you.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I swear! Thread locked and all.

The GC NPC women have been kicking butt this week. I love it.
I'm just getting warmed up. Wait for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I think I got sick on the plane. It's like 75 here, and I have a sore throat and stuffy/runny nose. Also the cat is not reacting well to the weather change and has gooey poo. It's laffaminit here at Casa 33, I tell you.
That's why I hate air travel. Sorry you're sick. UGH. Hope you feel better sooner rather than later.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 05-09-2014, 06:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh for the love of Mike, that was the fastest trainwreck EVER. .
Mike? Again? Seriously?????
Old 05-09-2014, 06:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Makes the other perp we've been entertaining look like she's kinda sorta "normal", that one does.

SMH.
Aw man, I always miss the good stuff.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:

SMH.
There was nothing exciting when I checked before bed.... grrr. I could use a little entertainment in my day.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 05-09-2014, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh for the love of Mike, that was the fastest trainwreck EVER.
And it looks like it was a good one too!

WIFLSRN:

Two more months. I just have to hang in there for two more months, then I'll be done with Grad school and have my life back.

(but two months feels like foreeeeevaaaah)
Old 05-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Mike? Again? Seriously?????
D&R Random thread?!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Field Day normally sucks. But not when I get to be in my air conditioned library! Yay book fair!
Old 05-09-2014, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip86 View Post
And it looks like it was a good one too!

WIFLSRN:

Two more months. I just have to hang in there for two more months, then I'll be done with Grad school and have my life back.

(but two months feels like foreeeeevaaaah)
You can do it! You will make it! Within a month, you'll be saying "When did I ever have time for homework???" It's a glorious thing.