GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,316
1 members and 2,315 guests
No Members online

Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I'd LOVE to see some proof of this. Please, since you're clearly in the middle of the situation and know EVERYTHING, send me the letter I sent asking for money from the alums we couldn't get ahold of.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Banned

If it's true that some alumnae still didn't know about the change a month ago, then that just proves my point...they haven't even taken ten seconds to look at the chapter or Panhellenic websites in over a year? My heart is not bleeding for that kind of alum.
________

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 01-30-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappadivstar View Post
I'd LOVE to see some proof of this. Please, since you're clearly in the middle of the situation and know EVERYTHING, send me the letter I sent asking for money from the alums we couldn't get ahold of.
Why would you expect 33girl to provide you with proof of something that someone else said? All 33girl did was quote what chitownxo said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low C Sharp View Post
If it's true that some alumnae still didn't know about the change a month ago, then that just proves my point...they haven't even taken ten seconds to look at the chapter or Panhellenic websites in over a year? My heart is not bleeding for that kind of alum.
chitownxo's post where she said her mom "had lunch with a couple of her pledge sisters a month or so ago" is from May 2008. She also said that those alums had gotten "give us money" letters from the chapter months the summer before the change.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, 13 pages of drivel. Why do you care so much, when it really doesn't involve you?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Why would you expect 33girl to provide you with proof of something that someone else said? All 33girl did was quote what chitownxo said.
chitownxo's post where she said her mom "had lunch with a couple of her pledge sisters a month or so ago" is from May 2008. She also said that those alums had gotten "give us money" letters from the chapter months the summer before the change.
I saw this as an open question.

And, I mean, 33girl seems to have positioned herself as an authority on the matter.

Not that I really have an opinion either way on this.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:04 PM

I never said I was an authority on anything. If you go back, most of my posts are clarified with "it sounds to me" or "it seems" or "I think". I'm offering an OPINION. If you have a different one, fine.

And I apparently missed the part of Greek Chat where you can only comment on things that happen to your GLO, your chapter, or your school. If I've commented a lot, it's because I'm more disturbed by the situation (or I guess I have to say alleged situation) than some others that are being discussed on here.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=chitownxo;1647826]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
There's a GC poster whose mom was a KBG alumna from LUC and apparently the alums had NO idea any of this was happening. I'm sorry, but that is absolutely inexcusable.

QUOTE]

I'm the poster...some of the LUC alums STILL do not know about the change. My mom had lunch with a couple of her pledge sisters a month or so ago, and they were shocked this happened...especially since the LUC KBG girls were still soliciting donations from their alumni the summer before the switch.
I'm a member of KBG at Frostburg State. We would love to meet some other KBG alum. If your mom and any of her sisters would like to come to Frostburg, we'd love to meet them!

Last edited by kbgkm; 08-20-2010 at 11:19 AM.