GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,310
2 members and 2,308 guests
navane

Old 08-28-2001, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Florida State

Barb,

How did things go at FSU?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-28-2001, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Of the 14 chapters at FSU, I believe that 11 made quota via bid matching. The groups that didn't make quota are:

Pi Beta Phi
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Alpha Gamma Delta

Kappa and Alpha Gam have been having some numbers problems but are back on the upswing. Both groups pledged some very quality girls and snap bid others by the time the Bid Day parties started. I know that Alpha Gam also hosted other interested women during their bid day party and started COB immediately. Their advisors and alumnae are very pleased with their new members.

Pi Phi not taking quota came as a real shock to everyone. There are a couple of rumors as to why they didn't take quota, but until I know the truth, I'd rather not offer supposition.

I'm pleased and proud to say that Zeta has the largest new member class on campus again this year. They welcomed 56 new members on Sunday, which was quota plus six.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
Unhappy

PnguinTrax,

Please email me on Pi Phi. I have an email to our office intern who is an active of another sorority at FSU. Pi Phi has always been a very very strong "top" chapter at Flordia State. I, as I am sure carnation would be also, am very interested in what is happening. Pi Phi won FSU's top chapter award last year and Greek Woman of the year in 2000!?! This is a complete shock. However, I am very happy for the other chapters!

Thank you,
Shelly

Last edited by Angels&Arrows; 08-28-2001 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
That's a shame about Pi Phi. I've heard a lot of good things about that chapter. I'd be interested in knowing what happened as well. My e-mail addy is erniegurl00@aol.com.
Old 08-28-2001, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PnguinTrax
[B I'm pleased and proud to say that Zeta has the largest new member class on campus again this year. They welcomed 56 new members on Sunday, which was quota plus six. [/B]
YAY ZETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So far, I hear that the FSU, UF, and UCF (of course) ZTA chapters have done exceptionally well. Any news on Stetson, UM, UNF, or Florida Southern?
Old 08-28-2001, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
I haven't heard anything about the So. FL chapters, sorry!

Barb
Old 08-28-2001, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Stetson doesn't rush until October.

I'm still looking for info on their sororities, if anybody can help!
Old 08-28-2001, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by erniegurl00
That's a shame about Pi Phi. I've heard a lot of good things about that chapter. I'd be interested in knowing what happened as well. My e-mail addy is erniegurl00@aol.com.
When/if I know more, I will e-mail you and Angels&Arrows.

Barb
Old 08-28-2001, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't want to sound argumentative and am not trying to start trouble. But would it be so terrible to let us know what caused Pi Phi to not make quota this year? There are many many "top" chapters that could learn from their experiences. I know at my school one of the top chapters didn't make quota and it was shocking but then the next years it was all back to normal.

I would really appreciate if I knew the reasons why they didn't make quota.

I am sure we all realize that things happens and there is no shame in not making quota and I wish only the best for Pi Phi at FSU and across the country.
Old 08-28-2001, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
Stetson doesn't rush until October.

I'm still looking for info on their sororities, if anybody can help!
I believe that the NPC groups at Stetson are Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Xi Delta, Delta Delta Delta, Pi Beta Phi, and Zeta Tau Alpha.

The Alpha Xi Delta Chapter is our Omega chapter and has been on campus a long time and is a very good chapter.
Old 08-28-2001, 04:59 PM

zetagirly-
PnguinTrax doesn't know why Pi Phi did not make quota. She has heard only rumors and speculation. I think that it would be unfair of her to post anything that was not true. As soon as she finds out the real reason why, she will post.
Old 08-29-2001, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
Quote:
Pi Phi won FSU's top chapter award last year and Greek Woman of the year in 2000!?!
Just for the record, ADPi won the top chapter award at FSU this past year.
Old 08-29-2001, 08:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
ladybug1116,

I was given that information this summer by a member of XYZ at FSU. I was under the impression that ADPi won Sorority of the Year in 1998 and 1999. PiPhi won Sorority of the Year in 2000. Though her name is public on FSUs website I will not name it here, was honored as Greek Woman of The Year, she is a member of Pi Beta Phi. If I was told incorrectly, then I apologize and way to go ADPi for winning three consecutive years! I also am still a bit shocked about our FSU chapter not making quota. It has always been a strong chapter.

Panhellenically,
Shelly

Last edited by Angels&Arrows; 08-29-2001 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-29-2001, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
I wouldn't stress about the sororities not making quota. It happens and I am sure they will COR until they reach quota.

IMHO, the ONLY time you should worry about a sorority not making quota is if it happens habitually.