GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,658
2 members and 1,656 guests
flamboyanttree, gatordeltapgh

Old 08-29-2009, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Lot of students are moving back into the dorms this weekend, so Baltimore is crazy! I saw a a Towson Alpha Phi bumper sticker, a Phi Sigma Sigma Bid Day shirt, an Alpha Xi Delta jersey and a Delta Sigma Theta hat around town today.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a guy in a Monmouth Duo T-shirt from Wake Forest. I told him I am a Kappa and asked if his girlfriend or wife was a member of either Pi Phi or Kappa. He said somebody just gave him the shirt, so he wears it to work in. Funny thing though, he apologized--HAHAHA!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to minDyG
Saw a girl in a DTD party t-shirt Friday at work. I couldn't tell what school it was from but I'd guess South Carolina or possibly USC-Aiken.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

After my sorors did our little ceremony for a soror's wedding, her aunt came up to me and said "i had no idea my niece was greek, im an AKA." my response "does she know?" her: "no i dont tell many people, but if i knew she was interested, i wouldve had my way. after all, her wedding color is pink."

seriously?
Old 08-30-2009, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to a barbecue someone from my dad's work was throwing. In the bathroom, there was a little stool that was clearly a Big Sis present with Sigma Kappa letters on it. I'm not sure whose it was, but it was a funny surprise to find.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
Alpha Phi Alpha license plate frame in Raleigh tonight.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Cute guy in a Kap Sig shirt in the store last night... I had my letters on too, so we kinda just glanced at each other and he winked!

Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Banned

Not letters, per se.

I did some Blackberry troubleshooting with Sprint customer service.

We did some small talk while waiting for my Blackberry to load. She said she was about to go on a sorority alumnae retreat this weekend. She's an ADPi.

She was very nice.

Last edited by DrPhil; 08-31-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw a Deke at the beach today. I was wearing letters on under my work shirt and realized it was too late to show him after he drove by.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm watching the lastest episode of Mad Men, and there's an Alpha Delta Phi paddle! One of the ad guys talks about his affiliation in an earlier episode, but this is the first time you see the actual letters.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm reading a book titled So the Heffners Left McComb, about an incident from the civil-rights era in which a white family in Mississippi were driven out of their town only for having had a couple of civil-rights volunteers over to their home for dinner. To my surprise and delight, the book mentions that the wife and mother of this family had been "a much courted member of Kappa Delta Sorority" at Ole Miss.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention that Mr. Heffner had been a Kappa Sig, pledging at Tulane.

Last edited by Shellfish; 09-02-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Today at the Forever 21 in Towson, I saw a KD in letters and a West Virginia "Go Greek" shirt within 30 seconds of each other!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
I was at UNC Charlotte's campus for work yesterday and saw a TON of letters. We walked around their Greek village and I saw the houses for ZTA, Chi O, ADPi, Delta Zeta, and Sigma Kappa. A saw several girls on campus wearing ZTA, Chi O, and ADPi shirts, and 3 girls walking to class together that had DZ letter bookbags.

Their campus REALLY promotes rush. All the fraternities had informational boards (don't know how to describe them, the best way I can think of is something like a board that a store would put on the sidewalk to advertise sales) set up all over campus. The sororities had huge wooden letters painted in their colors and arranged in a certain area on campus too. Everywhere we went we ran into them.

I was with 2 girls I work with, neither was Greek in school. One threw out the old "brothel" myth and it took all my strength not to correct her! I've found that trying to educate non-Greeks on this is a waste of time, they either don't care or don't believe me.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

I keep meaning to post this! I have seen two cars (a Jeep & a BMW) with Georgia plates (Gwinnet County) around here a LOT. Both have UGA, ADPi and Phi Mu stickers on them.

The first time I saw one of them was in the middle of UGA Recruitment, and I thought, "Why aren't they at UGA right now?"
Old 09-03-2009, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCarnation View Post
Just met a Gamma Phi Beta from Union College while walking around today. My boyfriend was wearing his Union shirt, and she stopped us. He dated a Gamma Phi in college. Small world.
Union in NY? I have a friend who was a Gamma Phi there!