GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,801
0 members and 2,801 guests
No Members online

Old 05-05-2002, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Help! Need Ideas for Parents' 25th Anniversary Gift!

My parents' 25th Anniversary is a less than a month away. I need some help in choosing a gift that they will absolutely love. I was thinking of sending them both to a spa on their anniversary for a day full of pampering and relaxation. If you have any other ideas for me, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-06-2002, 03:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Has your family had portraits done recently? For my parent's 30th anniversary, my brother and I went to Sears (yes, I know it's cheesy) and got pictures taken. Then I went to Target and picked out a couple cute frames.

Mom and Dad were thrilled - they hadn't had any professional pictures of the two of us since I was in middle school, so this was the first one where we were "all grown up" (my brother is an undergrad, I'm in law school)

Extra bonus - we ordered extra pictures and gave Christmas presents to our grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I need help too! My parent's 25th is in less than a month and unfortunately I will not be in the area when they celebrate it. I was thinking a gift certificate to a nice restuarant *but I did that last year* Any help?!?!
Old 05-06-2002, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by G8Ralphaxi
Has your family had portraits done recently? For my parent's 30th anniversary, my brother and I went to Sears (yes, I know it's cheesy) and got pictures taken. Then I went to Target and picked out a couple cute frames.
I would suggest the same thing. I think a family portrait would be great, especially if not all of the kids are home. (just a suggestion)

Ronnie
Old 05-06-2002, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like a good idea

We have not had a family portrait done since my freshman year of college...three years ago. My sister and I are both away at college at the same time, and we're the only kids. Thanks for the idea!
Old 05-06-2002, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
The 25th is traditionally the Silver Anniversary so anything silver would be a good gift. I think that getting all of your family together and going out to dinner together would be a lovely.

My mother just celebrated a milestone birthday so we threw her a surprise party and invited all of her friends and family. It was almost like a wedding with close to 100 guests. She loved it. Two months later my sisters and I are still getting positive feedback. Maybe you can do something like that.
Old 05-06-2002, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Find friends and relatives that were at the wedding and have them right rememberances...that way you have them for the 50th, too, lol.

For my in-laws 50th, they paid for a huge dinner party b/c we had all sprung for a huge 70th bday party for his dad a few months ago.

We surprised them by taking old pics of them and enlarging them and putting them on the wall as decorations. We took the one of them on a motorcyle. Hubby and I might take one like that ourselves and put side by side, lol.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to archangel12
I would suggest the family portrait also. But keeping with anniversary tradition, I would frame it in a lovely silver frame. My brother and I recently did this for our folks.
Old 05-08-2002, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Matching watches could be a neat thing...and then to add personal flair to them have them both engraved on the back Happy 25th or something personal.
Old 05-08-2002, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Tallahassee, Florida, USA and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Sisterplum
My brother and I are throwing my parent's a party with all their friends the weekend after their 25th anniversary (it would be on their anniversary but I'm in summer school and finals are on the 12th of Aug...their anniversary....and I need to fly home to Canada....so we're doing it on the 17th!) We invited all their family, and especially all their wedding party, from across the country (don't know who will actually come), so it should be a blast!!!

In addition, I'm making my parents a scrapbook of pics from their marriage! My brother is scanning through pics of them dating, their wedding, us as kids, etc.....and I'm gonna assemble it for them. My husband and I are also going to get them something silver....possibly silver wine glasses engraved!

I think the best part of their present is me of course though!!! Hee hee....I haven't been home since Nov.....and I'm going back for a week, so they're really excited (my mom misses me LOTS!) and of course I'm excited too!
Old 05-08-2002, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks!

Thanks for all your ideas! The scrapbook idea is very creative and would be sentimental to them...my parents would love that just for the mere fact that I made it! My parents tell me all the time that the best presents in the world are my sister and me. In fact, we're driving home from school this weekend to surprise my mom, and even dad, for Mother's Day! The look on my parents' face will be of sheer shock because they have no clue we're coming home this weekend.