GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,873
1 members and 2,872 guests
LaneSig

Old 07-24-2003, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
take her to a nudist colony.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Arya
take her to a nudist colony.
We dont have any of those around here, but if we did they would be packed with dirty old men. I love my grandparents and all but hanging out with a bunch of geriatrics is not my idea of a fun date.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by PiKA2001
We dont have any of those around here, but if we did they would be packed with dirty old men. I love my grandparents and all but hanging out with a bunch of geriatrics is not my idea of a fun date.
true, that's why I'm moving to europe. the nudist beaches and colonies have loads of people my age
Old 07-24-2003, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Quote:
HAHAHAA
the best date can be anywhere, but my favorite date (even though things never worked out) was definitely to universal citywalk in LA...it was so fun just walking around and going into cute little magic shops and I just had such a blast. But a great first date is really so much more about the chemistry than about the place...so don't stress too much...you're a super nice guy so I'm sure that any place you choose will work out great for you
Old 07-24-2003, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

dude, its summer. If there's enough daylight left, I might suggest a picnic. Weather here is great so taht's why, but I just realized we're not from the same place so i can't tell you about this one hill.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Call her!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

seriously, take her to a nice jazz bar. Always great for dates. And if my memory serve me right, isn't Roslyn in Virginia? If it is, Big Head Todd & The Monsters and Arrested Development, and They Might Be Giant are playing between 3rd & 6th Streets, NW for $3.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

oh I just remembered another really fun date...a picnic at a park where you have an awesome view of the stars...
Old 07-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Banned

So here's what you gotta do. Do something that makes you have to talk a lot or just force you to be "on". I recommend something like Dave and Busters. You can drink till she looks good and pretty, have fun, and still talk and hang out.

If you want her to hook up with you, do something that gets her adrenaline high like some scary type of movie or an amusement park.

For a next date you should get her to play basketball with you. That way it doesn't seem like you overprepared. There's nothing better than sports. Let her win. Show her how to shoot. It's cheap, fun, and maybe you can cop a feel or two when she's running by.

-Rudey
Old 07-25-2003, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok, so we went out last night. I busted my ass trying to think of something for us to do. The girl wouldnt be ready untill 10 and we did not wanna go to the movies or the bar. I ended up deciding to take her to the Magic Stick to go bowling( this place is in mid-town detroit, pretty trendy hip place. Most likely place to see a local musician type of place) or play pool. There was a garage band and a rasta band playing that night as well as 89x radio station, so I figured there would be plenty of action going on. Well, the girl got off work late and complained that she felt tired from work, so over the phone I told her we didnt have to go bowling. So here I was driving to her house and having no freaking idea where to take this girl! When I got to her house she was already outside talking on the phone so I just shut off my engine and got out. I was so nervous that I was almost sick. I'm still not sure if I was nervous because I didnt know what was going on or if it was just because she was do damn beautiful that night. Before I was able to finish my hello she asks me to walk with her. We ended up walking out to a pier and sitting(The city we live in is off of a huge lake )and talking the whole night.
by the time we walked back and I kissed her goodnight, 4 1/2 hours had gone by. We talked about everything from school, work, past relationships, and we swapped parent horror stories. All in All, it was an awesome date with an awesome girl, probably one of the best dates of my life.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Aww! That's so sweet!

Ideas for the next date:

*Canoeing
*Picnic
*Kite-flying
*Putt-putt
Old 07-25-2003, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ok, so we went out last night. I busted my ass trying to think of something for us to do. The girl wouldnt be ready untill 10 and we did not wanna go to the movies or the bar. I ended up deciding to take her to the Magic Stick to go bowling( this place is in mid-town detroit, pretty trendy hip place. Most likely place to see a local musician type of place) or play pool. There was a garage band and a rasta band playing that night as well as 89x radio station, so I figured there would be plenty of action going on. Well, the girl got off work late and complained that she felt tired from work, so over the phone I told her we didnt have to go bowling. So here I was driving to her house and having no freaking idea where to take this girl! When I got to her house she was already outside talking on the phone so I just shut off my engine and got out. I was so nervous that I was almost sick. I'm still not sure if I was nervous because I didnt know what was going on or if it was just because she was do damn beautiful that night. Before I was able to finish my hello she asks me to walk with her. We ended up walking out to a pier and sitting(The city we live in is off of a huge lake )and talking the whole night.
by the time we walked back and I kissed her goodnight, 4 1/2 hours had gone by. We talked about everything from school, work, past relationships, and we swapped parent horror stories. All in All, it was an awesome date with an awesome girl, probably one of the best dates of my life.
Yay! I am excited that it went so well. Those kinds of dates where you just sit and talk really are the best!!! So there's going to be another date right? Now where are you gonna take her?
Old 07-25-2003, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
That's awesome that you're date went good! Sometimes the best outings are when you don't really have anything planned, and what you guys ended up doing is really good because at least you got to know each other one on one without the annoyingness of a loud place.

KLTC
Old 07-25-2003, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you!