GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,148
1 members and 2,147 guests
zdaidjunioro429
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dejajeva
-sniffles- My boyfriend dumped me. In a email. -sniffles again-

Boys suck.

-cries-
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-19-2001, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm very sorry that that happened to you. Please take good care of yourself.
Old 09-19-2001, 02:24 AM

Angry Email is pretty bad, but you want horrible behavior, I got it right here!

I don't know what is worse, being dumped by email or being dumped by telephone......I got dumped the day of a big family dinner thing that the b*st*rd invited me to!

here is the story:
My boyfriend emails me on a Tuesday, "If you think you want to and you're ready to, do you want to meet my family this Saturday at a big family dinner?" (and we're not young, I was 30, he was 39, and he is divorced...so to me, meeting one's family MEANS SOMETHING).
So I said sure that would be nice.

I see him during the week, he tells me, "My mother is really looking forward to meeting you".
So I smile and say breezily, "
That is nice to hear. I am looking forward to meeting her as well".

We go out on Friday night, and have a lovely date. He drops me off at the door, hug hug, kiss kiss goodnight.
He confirms, "I will pick you up tomorrow (Saturday) at about 4 pm so that we can drive to the family dinner.
I say, "Sure, sounds good".

I wake up Saturday morning, happy and somewhat excited that I am going to meet his family. I am lying in bed, awake, smiling and thinking to myself, "This could be IT!"
Then the phone rings. It is my boyfriend.
He PHONES me on Saturday morning, the morning of the day of the "meet the family dinner" (not even 9 HOURS after our Friday night date ended) to announce that "It's not going to work out." His ex girlfriend who lives in another city, called him, announced that she was trying to get a job in our city, and that she wanted them to give it another try. And so he said "yes" to her and ended things with me. (And to my knowledge, sources tells me that she never even moved to our city in the end.) Pretty heinous behavior!

Nice huh?
----------------------------
I am sorry that your BF broke it off with you via email. That is terrible. What ever happened to MANNERS?

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 09-19-2001 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-19-2001, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Dejajeva, I am so sorry. Not all boys suck, but the one you picked sure does. Dumping someone via email is intensely impersonal and rude.

CutiePie, all I can say is to thine own self be true. You boyfriend was and it didn't work out for him. You may be able to derive some satisfaction knowing that. You are also lucky to have found out that he had some serious 'baggage' before you became too involved with him and became part of his family. It is a shame that you were mislead about your relationship, but lucky to have found out now rather than a year from now.
Old 09-19-2001, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GmuTeke
Dejaveva,

I'm sorry, that was just a terrible way to break up with someone (the only thing worse that i could think of would be to break up with someone over instant messenger). i'd like to share something that my friend Erin (my romantic advisor and confidant) shared with me when i was in a bad spot. Hopefully it'll make you smile some:

Top Ten Reasons Why Having Fish Is Better Than Dating

10. Their food is a lot cheaper than eating out, and you
only have to by it once a month.
9. The names are more fun.
8. They don't speak.
7. They don't bite.
6. They never want to leave the house.
5. They never want to expand their horizons.
4. They never compare you to others, you're the only one
they ever see.
3. They listen, and they really understand.
2. They're cuter than people.
1. They're replaceable within 10 minutes.
Old 09-19-2001, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

lol
that was cute, honey.

Thanks.

hey, you don't happen to be single are you?

-snickers-

Kidding.

Jess
Old 09-19-2001, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Unhappy Re: -sniffles- My boyfriend dumped me. In a email. -sniffles again-

Quote:
Originally posted by Dejajeva
Boys suck.

-cries-
Sorry to hear that. Well, (I know you've probably heard this) you're probably better off without him!

Take Care.
Old 09-19-2001, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Aww I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup. This guy was obviously a bit immature seeing as how he couldn't even break up with you to your face. Keep your head up theres plenty of great guys out there!

Nichole
Old 09-19-2001, 07:34 PM

Dejajeva, I'm sorry this happened... You're definitely better off without that kind of insensitive individual in your life. CutiePie2000, same goes for you.

I actually *was* dumped by IM! Not IM exactly, but we had an intra-campus computer network and you could send IM-type messages over it. It was a Saturday night, and he and I had gone out with some of his friends earlier in the evening... he walks me back to my dorm, kisses me good night like nothing's wrong, and walks on to his own dorm. About 1/2 hour later I'm online checking my email and he messages me to say "I don't think we should see each other any more." Out of the blue, just like that. I tried to call him, but he wouldn't answer his phone... would only communicate via messages.

He said later on (to a mutual friend - I wasn't talking to him at this point), that he thought I would take it easier if he messaged me instead of calling or talking to me in person. Translation: He was too much of a coward to say it to my face.

Anyway, I am infinitely better off without him - not 3 months later, I met a wonderful man who became my husband. So, not all boys suck, though some can be real jerks... (actually, some stronger language is coming to mind )

Take care
Old 09-19-2001, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Buddy
Yes they do suck But not all are bad! There a lot of good guys out there,ya just have to seek them out. Like I told you the night before things do get better in due time. Be strong and Hang in there and brighter days are aimed your way(lol, that sounds like a fortune cookie but true)
Good Luck
DGPhoney~
Old 09-19-2001, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

ok sorry for the double post ya'll, oh my gosh aephialum, thats aweful. I mean really, if you don't mind me saying , what a jerk thats so harsh. Well, thats good you are better off without him, guys like that are such, AHHH GOOBERS but I am very glad that u found someone better and like a fairy tale , happily married thats great and good luck to you as well
DGPhoney~
Old 09-19-2001, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Ugh. Men.

I hooked up with a guy friend a few times, and he even told me TO MY FACE that he liked me...then I started to notice he wouldn't answer his phone etc. He thought a good way to get rid of me would be to ignore me for weeks until I got it. He was too much of a coward to just say it wasn't working for him.

He actually called up one of our mutual friends and had him basically break up with me. PATHETIC!

An old bf broke up with me on the phone cuz he was too chicken. I've only had one bf who had the balls to tell me straight up. He's my best friend now lol. He tells the truth, and it gets him places.

NOTE TO MEN: IF YOU ARE MAN ENOUGH TO DATE US, YOU MUST BE MAN ENOUGH TO BREAK UP WITH US IN PERSON!

Old 09-19-2001, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

lol, listen to this story.

So I was in theatre class bitching about the stupid boy problems I've been having and one girl was like, I've got a better story.
Seems her man sent the breakup email to her COUSIN to print out and give to her.

And, this guy, lived right behind the girl he dumped.

Boys, honestly.

I've got another question
Why don't guys wash their hands after they take a leak??

They TOUCH it and don't wash their hands. We don't touch anything and not only wash them, but use soap and antibacterial stuff afterwards!

ugh.
Men.
Old 09-20-2001, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
What is there and epidemic of girls being broken up with by email? This is like the third post?

Could be worse, he could have faxed you a break-up letter . . . I think Sylvester Stallone supposedly did that.

I agree that email is cowardly, and IM might be even worse LOL. Although I honestly would be in hysterics if a girlfriend broke up with me by email or IM, I try to see the funny side of everything and would probably incorporate it into a story or script plot . . .

Does email deny you closure or something so that it bothers you even more? I mean what would you expect from a face to face break-up . . . most of us men are conditioned to avoid potentially painful and explosive emotional situations.

If email is a self defense mechanism, then might it not have been even worse for girls if a guy a came across cold and unfeeling during a face-to-face conversation? Cold and unfeeling being another self defense mechanism that we (boys) use.

Cutiepie2000,

That is kind of really leading you on, I mean sheez, at least take you to the silly dinner and then explain things later . . . Oh did you see the movie yet? With the ten-day plan to shape your man up?

aephi alum,

If he was that much of a coward you should have taken at least a week to make his life hellish for a while by appearing where he was going to be and ignoring him.

LAdies in general

Sometimes it might be better just to let yourselves be angry at the idiot than be so understanding you hurt yourself and pine away for someone wasting your time.
Old 09-20-2001, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

heh. Single and looking?

What i NEED is a hot frat boy, right gals??

-grins-
Closed Thread