GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,338
1 members and 1,337 guests
No Members online

Old 09-17-1999, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Question scroller club, phinx club,lamps,sigma?

Why can sororities have their pre-intake clubs,such as the pyramids for DST,and be
legal and the fraternities can't?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-01-2000, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to agree Nupe. I think that pledging/hazing (they are not one in the same, but most of the time go together), are imbedded into the fabric of BGLO culture, and have gone on for so many years, and will kontinue.

These clubs served a vital purpose of allowing young men to get to know more about the organization they were going to choose to spend the rest of their life in. But as many good things, someone had to go overboard and thus we have this MIP Crap. Oh well, untill we come up with something better, it is the order of the day.

Old 06-02-2000, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I believe, and someone correct if I'm wrong, these sort of clubs are illegal for all NPHC organizations. Why? This gets in the area of pre-pledging, which is highly illegal. If these groups do exist at your school then they are not following proper procedure. We all know however, that all sorts of illegal and unsanctioned action still happen. I'm not arguing for or against these clubs, I'm just giving you the 411. If any other NUPES or greeks in general have a difference of opinion, I'd like to here it. YO YO to the BEST fraternity in the world and the rest of the DIVINE NINE!
Old 06-02-2000, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Carlos
These affiliations of which you speak are not pre pleding groups or interest groups. Please do a little research and read "The Divine Nine" by Lawrence Ross to answer you questions
Old 06-02-2000, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Carlos
These affiliations of which you speak are not pre pleding groups or interest groups. Please do a little research and read "The Divine Nine" by Lawrence Ross to answer you questions

------------------
Deltaluv #4
"Crimson and Cream,
Every Little Girl's Dream!"
Old 06-03-2000, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NUPE4LIFE:
I believe, and someone correct if I'm wrong, these sort of clubs are illegal for all NPHC organizations. Why? This gets in the area of pre-pledging, which is highly illegal. If these groups do exist at your school then they are not following proper procedure. We all know however, that all sorts of illegal and unsanctioned action still happen. I'm not arguing for or against these clubs, I'm just giving you the 411. If any other NUPES or greeks in general have a difference of opinion, I'd like to here it. YO YO to the BEST fraternity in the world and the rest of the DIVINE NINE!

Greeting to the Men of Kappa Alpha Psi!

While pre-intake clubs are illegal, the groups mentioned are not pre-intake clubs. They are the names for the pledges of their respective orgs. Now, whether the term is still legally in use or not depends on the specific organization because each organizations determines what its MI guidelines are, not the NPHC as a whole.

Crimson and Cream Love

------------------
Kelli
12-DN-94
SSU c/o 1997
Old 06-28-2000, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Greetings to the men of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.

Sweetie let me correct you on one VERY IMPORTANT thing....The Deltas DO NOT HAVE ANY SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS. I don't care what you heard, but before you call yourself putting Delta business out there get your facts straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by ekception17 (edited June 28, 2000).]
Old 07-05-2000, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Carlos,
If you are interested in Kappa then be interested in Kappa.....Do not worry about what Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is or is not doing. I will not get into my Sorority's business, but your question is based on an incorrect and misleading premise. If you do have questions about Delta, then address these to Deltas, not to Kappa's.

Shout out to the men of Krimson and Kreme..

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Woodson:
Why can sororities have their pre-intake clubs,such as the pyramids for DST,and be
legal and the fraternities can't?
Old 07-13-2000, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Phi Alpha Faterninty incorporated does have a Sphinx Club.
Old 08-02-2000, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Carlos, aside from you misunderstanding the "pledge" names for pre-intake clubs (which i believe was the way it went back in the day), I think it must vary from campus to campus, because on my campus, Sororities cant use the name of their pledge clubs in intro shows (a.k.a. probates). Fraternities do though...

------------------
I look DAMN good in red, but I prefer BLUE...Z-PHI!
Old 03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Although you have misunderstood some important facts. I don't think you deserved the pounding you got. Yes every organization HAD pre-pledge clubs and some still do. But with this new MIP bull$h1t (excuse my anger) many of these clubs have been disbanded and there names simply given to a candidate who is seeking initiation.*taking my heart medication* . So just because some one is walking around saying they're a "skroller" (please don't come to EM with that mess) or a "pyramid" doesn
't mean they are pre-pledging. If they were really pre-pledging at this day and time, my friend, you would not know.

Yo Yo to the bruhs and much love to da ladies...
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate
Old 03-13-2006, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^^ First I hope you know that you are responding to a poster that made his statement almost 7 years ago.

Second, the Pyramid Club was NEVER a pre-pledge club. It has always been and still is (with a slight modification) the name of our legal pledges.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

FYI

don't really have much to say about the pledge clubs but just FYI the name of a Sigma pledge is a Crescent......again just FYI..

LoJ
Old 04-11-2006, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

What's a 'phinx club'?
LOL!!!!
I know it is old but that is FAH!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pretty Kitty
What's a 'phinx club'?
LOL!!!!
I know it is old but that is FAH!
I was thinking the same thing. A brother spelled it correctly in an earlier post.