GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,301
2 members and 1,299 guests
LaneSig

Old 11-09-2003, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Beginning my AI adventure!

Greetings GLO members, alumnae, PNAM's and AI's!!

I have been browsing the forum for several months now, and reading about Alumnae Initiation. I have also checked out many of the posts of current PNAM's , and have been so much enjoying reading their search stories as well. I have been considering pursuing a sorority organization since I began college. However, during college, because I went to a very small school, they only had one National Sorority that belonged to the NPC. The school also had other sororities that were local. I didn't feel as if any of those organizations really were for me. So, like other PNAM's, I just went through college, and had my own groups of friends. I was also very close to many of the sisters of one local sorority but never accepted the open bid.

Now that I am in graduate school, I am almost 24, and I am very involved in local volunteer groups. I also work with children who have behavioral disorders. I feel as if I would like to pursue an organization of women who have the same values and goals that I do, and a social group who I can contribute to.

I have contacted several organizations about their AI programs, and I am now in the process of learning about many organization and about thier programs, beliefs, philanthropy, goals, and values. I must tell you that with many organizations I LOVE WHAT I SEE and I am so very excited to begin this journey!! If you have any information I would be more than grateful for it! I'm in the first stages of my "Adventure" and my search, so I will need plenty of help and support along the way, and by reading posts from this forum, I am sure that I will find that!! So, THANK YOU!! AND GREETINGS TO EVERYONE!!

Last edited by Celestia*Shine; 11-10-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-09-2003, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome and congratulations on a very exciting decision!

I think it is great that you are examining many organizations right now. Find out everything you can about the groups. I realize that every person on this board is taking her own approach to AI, but I strongly encourage you to find one (or maybe two, if you must) organization(s) to focus on after you have investigated several. Remember, if your first choices fall through, you can always begin again. From what I've seen here, approaching several groups at once can be confusing and risky.

It sounds like our experiences are similar. I am 24 years old, and I'm in grad school. I also was friendly with one sorority on campus, but I declined my bid as well. The time just wasn't right then. Now, I'm ready, and I'm excited!

Best wishes for a successful journey!

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 11-09-2003, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
From one alumna initiate to a potential alumna initiate, I wanted to say WELCOME and GOOD LUCK! If there are any questions you have, feel free to PM me at any time.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Welcome! We will look forward to hearing your story as it unfolds!

Lizz (PNAM tinydancer)
Old 11-09-2003, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Celestia*Shine!

Welcome to the PNAM club! I wish you the best of success on your AI search! If there is anything you feel too silly asking on the public board, please feel free to send me a private message!

PNAM,

.....Kelly
Old 11-09-2003, 11:28 PM

Welcome to GC...I have added you to "the list".
Old 11-10-2003, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey!! Welcome to GC!! I am so excited to have another PNAM's story to read!! Good luck on your journey-can't wait to hear about it!!
Old 11-10-2003, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

THANK YOU!!

Thank you very much for your welcome Louisa MAy, Sistermadly, tinydancer, and Navane! I must admit that I have been reading all of your posts and your own "adventures" for quite some time, and I so much enjoy reading your stories!! I was so happy to hear from all of you, because I know that you know what the process is like and will be able to give me lots of advice and tips!
I have checked out almost all of the PHC organization member websites, and looked at #1 of course some information on what they are "all about" what they stand for and value as an organization as well as the history, and updates on current community activities. Also , A.) if they offered Alumnae Initiation programs B.) If the organization had a alumnae Chapter close to where I am located.
It was a little disappointing when I came accross a wonderful organization--and they didn't have an alumnae chapter even CLOSE to where I live. Its kinda disappointing when that happens because it seems as though if there is not an alumnae or colligiate chapter near you, its obviously difficult to get involved. Do you know what I mean ?? Have you had any of these similar experiences??

Well, at any rate, I am still searching and browsing and reading and just enjoying this experience! THank you cutiepie2000 for posting the helpful and informative thread about the AI process and advice, I have found it EXTREMELY helpful and I often refer to it as I am in the process of searching. Thanks again!

WEll that's enough for today! Hope all is well! Looking so much forward to this experience with ya'll
Old 11-10-2003, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

You too JENNRN

Hey Jenn! Thanks for your welcome as well. I posted my reply and saw that you had posted while I was typing! Just didn't want to leave you out! Thanks again!
Old 11-10-2003, 12:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I was just initiated today and it was worth the wait! Welcome to the search and if you have any questions I will do what I can to answer them and to help!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

New News!

Hey Everyone! Today is Monday, so, over the weekend, I contacted several organizations to learn more about what they are "all about". I have been going to websites, and checking out their links and info. I have recieved replies from 3 organizations, one organization did not offer an alumnae initiate program--only to those who are under VERY specific circumstances. The others had difficulty finding a chapter and even a collegiate chapter within 50 miles from where I live! How frustrating!! Has this happened to anyone else?
Continueing the search!....
Old 11-11-2003, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

hi....i used to live where you live now! my family is still in the area!

ok, now that i am done with that excitement, lol, i just wanted to wish you the best of luck finding a home.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Another option you might want to consider is initiation as a graduate student. I know that Alpha Xi does that...it's possible that other groups may do so as well. It's just a thought!
Old 11-11-2003, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck

Celestia*Shine

Good luck to you on being a PNAM. I have been browsing the forum and considering a few GLO's myself. Everything happens for a reason, and I hope that we both find a group that is right for the both of us. Have fun and enjoy. Good luck.

Amanda
Old 11-16-2003, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
good luck