GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,330
2 members and 2,328 guests
Cookiez17, Xidelt

Old 09-30-2006, 03:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I just moved back to my home state and the area in which I attended college. My sorority's chapter is no longer at my alma mater, but their alumnae group is picking up speed again.

It's been 10 years but I am finally reconnecting. I miss the sisterhood. Yes, I have been in contact with my big/little/ other sisters, but as we age, our "real lives" sometimes get in the way.

I will say that every single time I have contacted or been contacted by a sister from college and as an alumnae, my interaction has been positive and fulfilling. It's funny how you can go so long and then just pick up where you left off, in terms of your sisterly bonds.

That's just my story.

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-30-2006, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

While it may seem that only Sororitys do this, so do Fraternitys!

While My Chapter didn't I have talked to may LX's around the country that did this practice and still do.

I guess I do not have any as I started the whole mess!

Or maybe I am like, well, I dont know?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-30-2006, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I have two big sisters, one from Ole Miss, and another from my affiliation at MTSU.

Big sis Ole Miss- We keep in touch through an on-line alumni group. If it's important, we get in touch.

Little sis Ole Miss - Same as Big sis 1. We talk when something big is going on or if we need one another.
Big sis MTSU - We're very close. We're best friends. Talk a lot.

Little Sis 1 MTSU- Closest and bestEST friend. Me and my husband are going on vacation with her and her husband. (Hijack-- She and I are best friends. Her husband and my husband are best friends. They met as bridesmaid and groomsman at our wedding and have been together ever since. We were their bridesmaid and groomsman in March.)

Little sis 2 MTSU- She quit school. Haven't heard from her since. Didn't mesh well together at ALL.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

My Big and I are both in school again, but we check in on each other every few weeks or so. Also-my little is teaching now so I talk to her every couple weeks or so as well. It's funny, my big and little are both in the same city, but they weren't active at the same time, so they don't really know one another.

And my poor grandlittle! She didn't get a little this year b/c there weren't enough to go around... but she's a great too! Hopefully the family will be reunited at homecoming!
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 10-27-2006, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

At 9 years following graduation, here's where I stand:

I am in constant contact with 2 out of 3 of my littles. Saw #2 last night at our alum meeting and talked to #3 last night as well, when she was stuck in the Denver airport. Sadly, no clue where little #1 is. I don't see or talk to my big nearly enough. She was only in school with me for 1 year so we missed out on a lot of the "collegiate closeness" and then we lived in different towns (although only 1 hour apart). Now that we're in the same town we don't see or talk to each other enough. We had a great happy hour this summer, just the 2 of us, and then she met me and some of my friends out later that week...and now I haven't heard from her since August. Oh, well...I still love her!

In any event, I can honestly say that my 2 littles are two of my best friends...the ones you tell everything to, and the ones who pick you up when you're down...don't know what I'd do without them!
Old 10-27-2006, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I just talked to my little after a few years! I can't believe I graduated 10 years ago!

I have been emailing one of my (pledge)sisters for the past few months. What I find really interesting is that although I have maintained contact with 2 best friends from HS, a few work friends, etc., this sister knows me better than anyone. I can go a year without talking to her, and it's like it was yesterday.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:20 PM

I am still very close with my greek family. I talk to my big all the time. My little is one of my best friends and she's one of my bridesmaids in my upcoming wedding. I talk to my little brother every month or so. I haven't talked to my grandlittle or great-grandlittle in a while although Myspace has helped to keep me updated on their lives. My little still keeps in contact with them so I find out what's going on with them through her. The only one I don't keep in contact with is my big brother; we lost touch after he graduated college.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

My diamond sister and I were never very very close and she transfered to FSU at the end of the school year when I pledged so we lost touch. Nice girl, though. I am closest to my alpha diamond sister. I also keep in touch with my little brother and "extended Greek family" through My Space. Have lost touch with a few here and there.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
No.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

I was never able to get a little. We have them for obvious reasons when we were a colony. That was 3 years. When we finally did pass out littles, I ended up getting a guy who ended up being a total douche.

After holding up the voting process procedurally and on a technicality to give the guy a chance to fix things with the guys who didn't like him or want him, he turned around and embarassed me. I ended up balling him.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-28-2006, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
My diamond sister (when I was an Alpha) and I still keep in contact, but it is very sporadic. Mainly emails and some cards back and forth.

My Alpha Diamond Sister and I are still in close contact - I stood up in her wedding last year, spent New Years' and 5 1/2 weeks this summer with her and her husband, and we talk pretty often over the phone.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

My big and I are still in touch, although we live 250 miles apart, so we don't get to see each other very often. She invited me to stay with her this weeked (she threw a Halloween party), but I had to work.

My little deactivated 2 months after initiation, and we lost touch. Unfortunately, that was my last semester in college, so I didn't have the chance to get another little.

On a happier note, this is my 100th post!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:02 AM
GreekChat Member

My Big is over 400 miles away but we still talk on the phone & email. I never took on a Little, but I do see my Twittle around town a bit.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

My big tried out for cheerleader at Georgia Tech and made it so she transferred at midterm of my pledge year and I never heard from her again. My little went back to Florida after her freshman year and she's on the 'Lost Pi Phi List'.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

My big was a bridesmaid in my wedding. She lives about 4 hours away. We're not terribly close, but I love her.

My first little transferred to UGA after her freshman year. We're very close. She was also a bridesmaid in my wedding. I'm seeing her this weekend for the first time in 18 months!

My second little is a senior this year. I'm very close to her despite our age difference. She's currently in Australia so I haven't seen her in awhile, but I usually see her several times a year since she's only 2 hours away.