GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,344
0 members and 2,344 guests
No Members online

Old 08-05-2012, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happilyanchored View Post

WHERE CAN I FIND THAT DRESS! so adorable. we have similar tastes
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-05-2012, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I just went through about 100+ pages of polyvore dresses and could not find it I'm sorry. I did come up with a few others though and here are the links to the main pieces:

dress, shoes

dress, shoes

for hope, for strength, for life

Last edited by happilyanchored; 08-05-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

^Is it wrong of me to think that the shoes for the second set look like they have nipples? I am taking a women's health class right now, it may be controlling my mind...
Old 08-05-2012, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe just a little...or I may just be so madly in love with cap-toed shoes right now that I refuse to see them like that :P

Old 08-05-2012, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I like them much better from the head-on perspective/on people, but that picture definitely had me choking on my bowl of cocoa puffs! I particularly like them with the pink-ish pants, looks very effortless for a heel.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

BAHHAHA. oh my gosh the people on here are so funny! i love it! okay thank you for those links i realllly love both those dresses as well! okay guys i officially declare that we need to have a weekend where everyone on GC gets together to go shopping.

kthanksbye
Old 08-06-2012, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
The red dress: Link to Asos -- it's out of stock.

Random google fact. If you open up a google image search, you can drag and drop images to the search bar and it'll find image matches. I dragged the image from GC to find a match on google images.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

A few new ones...I'm getting a little funky with some of these that may not be appropriate for SEC Recruitment, but would have worked (w/ the right personality) at NCSU, where I went.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

OO thanks for the tip! And I LOVE that first outfit! I would wear that in a heartbeat!

dress, shoes, earrings

dress, shoes

Old 10-19-2012, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Reading this makes me think of a key mistake I may have unknowingly made!! My father got me a custom engraved heart locket that I wear every single day. It has my name on it, and "Love Dad" on the back, and a picture of my grandmother and great grandmother in it. I love it dearly. I wore it every single day of recruitment, and maybe that was a mistake, because looking at it, it's hard to read the inscription. Is a heart locket common enough that it wouldn't be mistaken for me wearing another sororities symbol? Or was that a mistake??

It all ended well either way.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateee View Post
Reading this makes me think of a key mistake I may have unknowingly made!! My father got me a custom engraved heart locket that I wear every single day. It has my name on it, and "Love Dad" on the back, and a picture of my grandmother and great grandmother in it. I love it dearly. I wore it every single day of recruitment, and maybe that was a mistake, because looking at it, it's hard to read the inscription. Is a heart locket common enough that it wouldn't be mistaken for me wearing another sororities symbol? Or was that a mistake??

It all ended well either way.
I think a heart locket is generic enough...and could be a good conversation piece. Off the top of my head, Sigma Kappa is the only group with the heart as a symbol. Maybe if the Sigma Kappa chapter is super super strong and popular at your school people might have thought something...but I wouldn't have (and my school has Sigma Kappa).
Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I've said it before...

...and I'll say it again! I LOVE THIS THREAD

I really need this type of thread for real life. Anyone want to lead an Early-thirties-mom-of-3-needs-a-wardrobe-makeover-NOW Thread????

Be a Volunteer!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I remember when I went through on the skit day (we were told to wear business casual) and I wore this corduroy pants & navy blazer combo that I thought was so chic and in style... and walked into one chapter's room and all the girls were wearing almost the same exact outfit. Looking back I wish I'd been a little more creative :P
Old 05-02-2013, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

When I went through recruitment last year at my very hot florida school I used Urban Decay's All Nighter make up spray (not clothing but is something I wore) and it made a HUGE difference! I had so many other PNMs complimenting me asking "how are you not sweating your make up off?!" It may be something to consider for future PNMs!

Old 06-24-2013, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Fix+ by MAC is a little pricy, but it's great for setting your makeup too. I spray it on and my makeup looks great throughout the day. It also makes your skin feel and look great if you spray it on sans makeup.