GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Delta Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,160
3 members and 2,157 guests
flamboyanttree, oncegreek

Old 03-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie Anne
Actually, that's entirely untrue. "docroc" has never sold a single item on eBay! This bidder does nothing but collect and preserve items from all GLOs. Would you rather have it that these things get thrown out?

I know it's the Greekchat way to bash first and ask questions later (if ever), but it would be nice to get your facts straight.
Taking it a little personal, are we?

I really could give two shits if s/he is a preserver/collector or what not. All I know is that this person likes to hang on to things that rightfully belong to other, more worthy people.

That being said, I really hope that this item, as well as other historical items, goes back to the hands of those who will truly appreciate for what it stands for.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-06-2005, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
Taking it a little personal, are we?

What exactly is that supposed to mean?

I really could give two shits if s/he is a preserver/collector or what not. All I know is that this person likes to hang on to things that rightfully belong to other, more worthy people.

Elegantly put. Since you obviously don't know much about this person how is it that you can determine his/her worth?

That being said, I really hope that this item, as well as other historical items, goes back to the hands of those who will truly appreciate for what it stands for. [/B]
So do I. Which is why I started this thread in the first place!

Don't you people ever get tired of being on the attack?

Old 03-06-2005, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
I've been watching this auction also. Is the current high bidder is a Tri-Delt?

ETA: Has anyone checked out the bid history? docroc's a notorious longtime Greek item seller. indysage is a PHI MU.

Good luck, Tri-Delts!
Yes I am INDYSAGE. Note I emailed the Tri-Delta EO immediately and posted their response to me. If I could win, you know darned well it would be in Tri-Delta hands within mailing time.

My bet is the current high bidder is the archivist for Tri-Delta, as her name is Beth Dees Applebaum and the high bidder BDappeb. So I will not bid against her.

I only collect NPC badges for a project I am working on for our local college panhell office....do a search on cross stitch.

ETA: I have also taken the liberty of emailing other bidders on ebay to inform them of her identity, and ALL (without exception) have been Tri-Delta sisters who do not read GC and are very gracious and relieved to know who bdappeb is.

Last edited by sageofages; 03-07-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ISUKappa
Lots of different ways. Estate sales, antique shops, flea markets; you'd be amazed at what some people have in an old box sitting in their attic. When that person dies and the kids have to go through their stuff and don't know what any of the stuff is, it goes to a lot of different places. I'd hate to think how many important documents, Greek-related and otherwise, have been tossed in the garbage simply for lack of knowledge.

Education is key. If you have anything at all you feel is important to your org or school or anything, put it in your will to be donated to your org or school after your passing.
Still, I'm surprised that ritual books and constitutions are getting out there. I had always assumed that chapters and Nationals safeguarded these things. In ZTA (and I would assume the other PHC sororities as well), these important things stay locked up and only the ritual chair has access. If a chapter closes, these items go back to Nationals. The only thing I can think of is that these ritual book and constitutions that are on Ebay were once stolen and have somehow made its way into an Ebay seller's hands.

I hope that a TriDelta gets this item! As of now, it's going for only $255 which isn't bad when you consider how much some of the pins have gone for!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, now we have all those safeguards in place so our history is kept intact, but way back when there were probably no archives and Headquarters and ritual safes. Most likely what happened was when the original Alpha chapter of Delta Delta Delta closed, all the items either got split between the remaining members or were all given to one person to keep. It got put away somewhere and forgotten about until now when someone found it, knew there was a market for it and decided to sell it.

Unfortunately, Kappa Kappa Gamma no longer has most of their original founding documents. Like many GLOs, our Alpha chapter was forced to close by College officials not long after our founding and much of the notes and records of those early meetings were either lost or destroyed by fire. About a year ago, a letter of the official dissolution of the Alpha chapter to Monmouth college came up on eBay. It's funny how things just show up and I agree, some of the more historical items could very possibly be stolen.

I sincerely hope that those collectors of GLO items understand this document absolutely needs to be returned to Delta Delta Delta for the sake of their heritage and not kept for personal gain. I also hope they are not bidding just to bid the price up as some are fond of doing on other items.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

ISUKappa - that post was great!

I agree 100%!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
This document is so precious. I hope that it becomes a part of the Tri Delta archives. Good luck!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I just noticed in the title of the item it says "This one's for real!"

Was there a fake one before?
Old 03-08-2005, 06:12 PM

holy crap! its now up to $610
"dragonfire" came out of nowhere with that bid!!

eeek- i hope this new person is a tri delt, or EO comes back on and bids higher!!
Old 03-08-2005, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD
holy crap! its now up to $610
"dragonfire" came out of nowhere with that bid!!

eeek- i hope this new person is a tri delt, or EO comes back on and bids higher!!
Judging from the other items she has purchased on ebay, I would say she is a DDD from Purdue (guess?)

I emailed her right away telling her that bdappeb is your national archivist. Several other bidding that I emailed responded with "thank god, I didn't realize, I will stop bidding now"

Hopefully your national archivist is skilled at sniping....

Last edited by sageofages; 03-08-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sageofages
Judging from the other items she has purchased on ebay, I would say she is a DDD from Purdue (guess?)

I emailed her right away telling her that bdappeb is your national archivist. Several other bidding that I emailed responded with "thank god, I didn't realize, I will stop bidding now"

It's also possible for dragonfire to retract her bids so the Tri-Delt Archivist hopefully won't have to pay so much. It's not a popular thing to do on eBay, but it can be done--unless there's not much time left on the auction.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

it's up to $760!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I've beenw atching this with interest. Please advise the Tri Delta HQ member who is bidding on it NOT to bid on it until the last moment, as close to the ending as possible. Otherwise, it continues to drive up the price. It's a strategy called "sniping" and in this case it could save Tri Delta a lot of money. Please, bid wisely! AND PURCHASE INSURANCE and every safeguard possible for such an expensive piece. In fact, i'd look into an escrow option
Old 03-08-2005, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sageofages

how do you figure out what people have previously bought? by looking at their comments from sellers??

i ALWAYS snip (snipe?)
Old 03-08-2005, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD
how do you figure out what people have previously bought? by looking at their comments from sellers??
yep. if the link to the item number is active you can read the title/description of the other items the person has bought

it's 7 mins to go... (i'm watching it along side american idol ) i hope the tri-delt archivist will jump in @ the end!