GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,445
3 members and 1,442 guests
FSUZeta, Kevin, PGD-GRAD

Old 05-22-2003, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Nametags

Hey girls,
I was wondering of anyone had any cute ideas for nametags during fall rush. I remember that last year at USC DG had these really cute wooden anchor necklaces with their names on them--I was looking for something along the lines of that.

I thought maybe it could somehow incoporate a lion or a violet. We have used a diamond shaped wooden pin in years past but I think we should try something with more pizzazz. Something to really make us memorable! Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-22-2003, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

nametag ideas

The idea is large and laminated! Write the names creatively so they are both readable and pretty, using paintpens

Pawprint in your school colors
Large Heart with glitter border for Philanthropy Day (RMH is the house that Love Built!)
Depending on the theme of your video/skit (IE: If you are "A League of Their Own" then a large Baseball shape; if you are doing a movie like Annie, then everyone can wear large silver, black and red stars lined in glitter, or a ticket-shaped nametag)
Prefs-- large white diamonds with a pearl border. Where the diamond points come together, glue a small purple violet

Hope this helps! Larger nametags with minimal detail are classy, pretty and uncluttered. The PM should be able to read the name clearly. If you hold a position, indicate what it is! PM me; I have lots of ideas!
Old 05-24-2003, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
This is what my college chapter used this past year during formal recruitment:

Open House: Violets made out of purple felt, names written in yellow puffy paint

Philanthropy: Lions made from fun foam in colors of tan and brown, names written with black Sharpie (but I think I like the hearts a lot better!)

Skit: We do Hard Rock ADPi, so we've been using black stars outlined with glitter, names written in silver paint pen

Pref: Black diamonds made out of felt with pearls at each point, names written in gold puffy paint

I think it would be hard to write positions held on these...it was hard enough to write "alumna" on the name tags for alumni volunteers!

Hope this helps!

Love and loyally,
Jennie
Old 05-25-2003, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay here are some of the better name tags I've seen:

Open House:
Large Blue ADPi cut out letters, with a blue band at the bottom of them where the sister's name goes in white.
Philathropy: Laminated "houses" for RMH in the corresponding colors of the party.
Skit: for 50's sock hop or Grease theme: 45's with names written in light blue script.
For more current music theme: Silver CD's with names written like the name of an album.
Pref: Black Diamonds with names in Silver.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I was the last formal recruitment chair, so nametags were one the best parts of my job.

First Night: Our recruitment tshirts were Candy Land themed so we decorated the room with gingerbread houses and candy and our nametags were gingerbread cutouts with our names on it.

Second night(philanthropy): our philanthrophy chair found pictures of all the different ronald mcdonald characters and printed them out on the sticky make it on the computer nametags with our names on it.

thirdnight: like a bunch of other chapters we did grease so we had 45s with names in the middle

fourth night: we got black construction paper and cut them out in diamond shapes and with silver pen wrote everyone's names on it. They looked super cute
Old 05-27-2003, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Name Tags

If you use card stock type paper you can get them cut out at local scrapbook stores. We had lion cutouts last year. All you have to pay for normally at the scrapbook stores are the paper and sometimes they will let you bring your own paper or give you a price break if you tell them what they are for.

We have also made little red, white and blue, RMH houses out of thin foam but that was really a pain in the butt to cut out all of those different shapes and then glue them together.

Good luck with the tags, which even route you take!!

Pi love,
Chenoa
Old 06-12-2003, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

I like all of these ideas!

One year, we did a continuation theme of a puzzle, so everything somehow related to the pnm as a piece of our sisterhood's puzzle (fyi - this started out when we were deleting photos of Rho Chi's from our composite & went from there!).

The nametags that we used were big, chunky azure blue ADP letters, but with puzzle-like connections trimmed in white & darker blue. I still have mine!
Old 08-26-2003, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

GET A LIFE

Chloe 173...

First, Foremost, and Forever... the secrets of alpha delta pi should remain as such. Thank you for removing your previous postings. Secondly... NAMETAGS!!! are you kidding me. DG is DG and you are an ADPi--dont you have pride in yourself and can't you be creative? Stop trying to be someone else, stop posting secrets, and best of luck with rush.

Last edited by realitycheck; 08-26-2003 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: GET A LIFE

Quote:
Originally posted by realitycheck
Chloe 173...

First, Foremost, and Forever...
Its actually First Finest Forever...but nice try anyways
Old 08-26-2003, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Chloe173- I don't see anything wrong with asking for some creative brainstorming help!

Also I'd recommend discussing it with PH for next year- personally I think nametags are a lot of work and add a burden to the sororities- in my opionion it is contrary to "no frills" recruitment. I like it better when the campus PH provides standard nametags for all PNMs.

But it never hurts to brainstorm some cute ideas together- maybe someone will pick up on an idea for something else, too! Good luck!
Old 08-26-2003, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by WLFEO
Also I'd recommend discussing it with PH for next year- personally I think nametags are a lot of work and add a burden to the sororities- in my opionion it is contrary to "no frills" recruitment. I like it better when the campus PH provides standard nametags for all PNMs.
Your campus PH provides nametags for the PNM's, but I think Chloe was asking about nametags for the sorority actives...if your campus PH does that, too, I wish I had gone there!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, duh! I get it now! Actually everyone on our campus has standardized name tags for the actives- you can order them at Office Depot or wherever. They just have the member's name and the sorority spelled out. Different sororities get the crest on theirs, some put the officer title on the nametag also. But they are good for lots of activities we do on campus.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi girls! Some of the sororities at my school do brass nametags that the sisters wear each day. It has your name, sorority office, letters and crest. Very classy and can serve a variety of functions, can be reused year after year you are in the chapter, etc.!

My chapter made large simple templates that we laminated and personalized with paint pens and good lettering. For the first day of recruitment, we cut out large paw prints and matching paw "pads" in our school colors, laminated them, attached a pin in the back and in the front was each sister's name in pretty, legible script. If she has an office, it goes on there, too.

For Philanthropy day, we cut out large red or blue hearts and line them with a silver glitter border. Laminate, pin in back, name in front. Voila!

For video day, our theme used to be "A Leauge of Their Own," so our nametags were circles decorated to look like baseballs, again laminated, pinned and with name. Another year, we did large stars with glitter borders, laminated, name, pin...

Prefs nametags were large diamonds with pearl and ribbon borders. Some years, we would put silk violets at each point. These were very elegant looking.

For Bid Day, depending on the theme, we would make fun tags for all the alphas, deltas and alumnae.

I noticed on UTK-ADPi's site, they made really cute lion name tags for bid day that slipped over one's neck with a piece of yarn and made for a great keepsake.

I encourage you to check out a craft store and look at scrapbook die cuts. They will give you great ideas and make for wonderful templates you can use to make multiple name tags! there are also tons of internet craft resources.

My opinion is, the more complex, the more cluttered your nametag is. Your object is to convey your name and the theme of the day, so go with something that is legibile and easy to identify. Save the glued on sand, pickett fences, etc., for a diamond sister craft project! Kids craft books will probably offer some good ideas.

If you have sisters who are elementary ed majors, they may have have some fun ideas, as they have probably interned with kids and have made name tags and simple crafts that replicate easily.

Lots of luck! Also, Chloe, as you go to USC, talk to your assistant Recruitment Adviser, Val. She's in my Alpha class, and she'll know exactly what I'm talking about Feel free to PM me for details!

Pi Love and Mine,
A Sister Wishing You a Wonderful Recruitment!
Old 09-02-2003, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jewelladpi Send a message via Yahoo to jewelladpi
Open house Panhellinc makes our nametags, then for our philanthorpy night we have red foam name tags in the shape of a house that have a RMH design on them, we also have blue stars for one night and then blue and white lions for another. Hope this helps someone!