GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,229
0 members and 2,229 guests
No Members online

Old 01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB View Post
If the chapter is in good standing, you should be able to go as the delegate. You would then have to go for everything.

But yes, you should go.

We are in good standing. I think it would be great to see Gamma Phi Beta "in action" so to speak. Hopefully I will get to meet you all there!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

i think my mom and i are going to go together!!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to candibear83 Send a message via MSN to candibear83 Send a message via Yahoo to candibear83
Packets?

Has anyone here received a "Call to Convention" Packet yet? I received the Memorandum with rates and fees, but I was wondering when the packet was going to be sent out!! If you have gotten one, please let me know so that I can call IH for one! I know they have the right mailing address so....

I am going to do everything I can to be at convention this year! It will be my third & I'm very excited!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candibear83 View Post
Has anyone here received a "Call to Convention" Packet yet? I received the Memorandum with rates and fees, but I was wondering when the packet was going to be sent out!! If you have gotten one, please let me know so that I can call IH for one! I know they have the right mailing address so....

I am going to do everything I can to be at convention this year! It will be my third & I'm very excited!
In the January Buzz from IH, they said the packets would be coming soon. And they usually post the packet on the website at the same time they mail them out to people. I'm guessing they haven't been mailed yet.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been debating with myself for the past several days on whether or not I should post this...

But, my excitement has most definitely gotten the better of me. For any ladies who will be at convention, I would love to meet you. I'm going to be initiated as an AI at convention, on the 28th. I am completely thrilled and humbled by this, and of course incredibly excited.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

hello from Ottawa
longtime lurker just not a much of a writer
just wondering,
I've never been to a Convention or RLC or any official GPhiB thing like that... Have always wondered what it was like. Is it mostly meetings for Chapter and Intl Officers and such ? or is there stuff for an alumna to attend?

How does payment for attending Convention work? one all-inclusive price for accomodations/meals/registration fee or is all seperate?

Someone mentioned they were asked to be their Chapter's official "delegate". what does that entail other than voting as directed by your Chapter? would you have to make a presentation or something?will you get a discount on registration or some other benefit?
Old 02-11-2008, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgroulx View Post
hello from Ottawa
longtime lurker just not a much of a writer
just wondering,
I've never been to a Convention or RLC or any official GPhiB thing like that... Have always wondered what it was like. Is it mostly meetings for Chapter and Intl Officers and such ? or is there stuff for an alumna to attend?

How does payment for attending Convention work? one all-inclusive price for accomodations/meals/registration fee or is all seperate?

Someone mentioned they were asked to be their Chapter's official "delegate". what does that entail other than voting as directed by your Chapter? would you have to make a presentation or something?will you get a discount on registration or some other benefit?
Alumnae Chapters can have delegates at convention who vote on all business and (therefore) attend all business sessions. They do not make any presentations unless they have been asked to help on a workshop or something (which most of those are doine by international officers). Crescent Circles do not have delegates at convention since they do not vote. There are no discounts for delegates to attend. I know that some alumnae chapters help pay the way for delegates but that can be quite pricey so I doubt it's something every chapter does.

When you pay, you pay for registration to IH. That can be full time or part time. I did part time in Phoenix since I had no job to do and with part time you can pick and choose what you go to. Then you buy your airfare to convention then separately you get your hotel room.

A large chunk of convention is official business of the sorority; electing council, voting on bylaws changes, etc. There is also a keynote speaker and usually workshops geard around running chapters. In the past, there have been separate workshops geared both for collegians and alumnae (and advisors). and of course, there is the Awards Banquet, Ritual, Pink Carnation and Confirmed Conventioneers. Usually all of the meals have something going on during them (lunches are usually Philanthropy and NPC; dinners are the things I mentioned already).

Melanie
Old 02-11-2008, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbear19 View Post
I have been debating with myself for the past several days on whether or not I should post this...

But, my excitement has most definitely gotten the better of me. For any ladies who will be at convention, I would love to meet you. I'm going to be initiated as an AI at convention, on the 28th. I am completely thrilled and humbled by this, and of course incredibly excited.

Congratulations!! That is awesome!! I'll be really neat to see your initiation!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 02-22-2008, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gpb1874
Quote:

Congrats! That is awesome! I also initiated as an AI, but not at convention! The initiation ceremony there is so amazing....you're so lucky! I should be there, just need to get the OK from my boss to attend (99.9% change it won't be a problem).
Old 02-22-2008, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

That's incredible! Sure hope I can go!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm planning on going too it will be my first one ever!!!! I'm so excited
Old 03-06-2008, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I really want to go, so cross your fingers I have a job offer before then so I can!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
I went to Convention in Phoenix, and it was so fun, especially for a big greek dork like me. Again, $$ is kind of an issue, but I'm trying to justify the trip since it's only every-other year, and Indy is within driving distance of Chicago... so, more likely than not, I'll see you all there! I'm already collecting things for the Foundation's Opportunity Drawing.

TEII
Old 03-10-2008, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm going to be initiated as an AI at convention, on the 28th. I am completely thrilled and humbled by this, and of course incredibly excited.
Congratulations! My mom was initiated at the Chicago convention in 2004. It was amazing.

I'm planning on being there for at least part of this convention. It will be my 4th.

GeekyPenguin: I hope you can make it... it's been years since I've seen you! I'd love to catch up sometime.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaPhiBabe View Post
Congratulations! My mom was initiated at the Chicago convention in 2004. It was amazing.
LOL....your mom is my pledge sister! Is she going to be at convention this year?

.....Kelly

True and Constant