GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,420
1 members and 1,419 guests
Titchou

Old 10-13-2013, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

On another link, ADPi has 309 new colony members!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug12 View Post
On another link, ADPi has 309 new colony members!
Hotty Toddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
Old 10-16-2013, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Can someone provide me with more information for the Oxford Alumnae Panhellenic Association? They are not chartered through NPC and neither NPC or myself have received any response from e-mailing oxfordareanpc at gmail. From the information I've gathered they never became a fully functional group but I have seen information on this board about them meeting a few months ago.

Thank you.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxfordDeepher View Post
Can someone provide me with more information for the Oxford Alumnae Panhellenic Association? They are not chartered through NPC and neither NPC or myself have received any response from e-mailing oxfordareanpc at gmail. From the information I've gathered they never became a fully functional group but I have seen information on this board about them meeting a few months ago.

Thank you.
I haven't been to a meeting in a while since I had my daughter life just go too busy. I think the President graduated from law school so they might be without some leadership. I went to two meetings when they first started up in 2011 and early 2012. They were trying to get something started but it's hard to support groups like this since Oxford is actually a really busy town with so much else going on. MaryPoppins might know more. I think she went to the last meeting. I also think the leadership was mostly grad students and law students. I know I would love to do more but as a "regional" advisor for AOII it's hard to do it all with family and a toddler! Plus AOII is trying to get our alumnae group started again.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxfordDeepher View Post

Thank you.
Just PMed you with contact info that I have, but like OldMissGlitter said - I haven't heard much about this group since late 2011 / early 2012.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
I haven't been to a meeting in a while since I had my daughter life just go too busy. I think the President graduated from law school so they might be without some leadership. I went to two meetings when they first started up in 2011 and early 2012. They were trying to get something started but it's hard to support groups like this since Oxford is actually a really busy town with so much else going on. MaryPoppins might know more. I think she went to the last meeting. I also think the leadership was mostly grad students and law students. I know I would love to do more but as a "regional" advisor for AOII it's hard to do it all with family and a toddler! Plus AOII is trying to get our alumnae group started again.
It has sputtered as far as I can tell. Maybe we could kind of just get a regular gathering going OxfordDeepher? Maybe that would help get it going again. I'll PM you. Wavycutchip, are you in or around Oxford?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know the schedule for 2014 FR? Based on the football schedule, it looks like Bid Day will either be Sept 21 or Oct 12, 2014.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU2Driver View Post
Does anyone know the schedule for 2014 FR? Based on the football schedule, it looks like Bid Day will either be Sept 21 or Oct 12, 2014.
I have asked Theta's Panhellenic Advisor to please go ahead and propose that the schedule be set now since the game schedule is known. I guess we'll see.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Can they PLEASE do it on a non-game weekend!! Who decides it anyway? It made NO sense to schedule it during the Auburn away game when so many involved people would have liked to go to Auburn for the game. And Oct 11th is the Aggie game in College Station...for the first time. I KNOW people won't want to miss that!! If someone knows how we can encourage the "powers that be" not to schedule it on the Aggie weekend, please let me know!!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDelta View Post
Can they PLEASE do it on a non-game weekend!! Who decides it anyway? It made NO sense to schedule it during the Auburn away game when so many involved people would have liked to go to Auburn for the game. And Oct 11th is the Aggie game in College Station...for the first time. I KNOW people won't want to miss that!! If someone knows how we can encourage the "powers that be" not to schedule it on the Aggie weekend, please let me know!!
The Collgian Panhellenic votes on it I believe. From January to April Panhellenic was without a Greek Coordinator staff member, perhaps that affected the late determination. If you contact your Ole Miss GLO Advisory Board Member that attends Panhellenic meetings you can let her know of the game conflict issue. My Father lives near Auburn, and so I would loved to have attended the game with him!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
Wavycutchip, are you in or around Oxford?
Got your PM, and about to respond. Nope, not in Oxford.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Earlier posted in the OAPH FaceBook Group asking if folks wanted to meet after work for drinks or tapas. About 2 people out of 85 expressed interest in meeting, we might have to send out a press gang to recruit attendees
Old 10-18-2013, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay. I decided not to hire a press gang. Instead area NPC Alumnae are invited to:

Tuesday Tapas and Beverages
October 22 at 5:30pm
Boure in Oxford, Mississippi

Social Event, no business. Dutch treat.

(If your Dutch please don't be offended)

I'm from the Delta. When in doubt throw a party!

NB: I am not an OAP officer, just a party liking person.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Ole Miss FR 2014

MP - when y'all meet, I would love it if y'all could discuss how as local alumnae you could encourage Ole Miss NPC to consider going back to recruitment in August before school starts. Having been there the past 2 years as a parent, it is crazy to make these PNM's and, more importantly, the members do this during the school year! Or at least not have it so close to mid-terms. I would also be disappointed if they schedule it for the Texas A&M weekend. THANKS!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDelta View Post
MP - when y'all meet, I would love it if y'all could discuss how as local alumnae you could encourage Ole Miss NPC to consider going back to recruitment in August before school starts. Having been there the past 2 years as a parent, it is crazy to make these PNM's and, more importantly, the members do this during the school year! Or at least not have it so close to mid-terms. I would also be disappointed if they schedule it for the Texas A&M weekend. THANKS!
I couldn't agree more! Having a daughter going through recruitment at night and manditory classes during the day was so stressful! She had strep throat that week and was afraid to go to the doctor because that would mean either missing class or missing recruitment! By the end of the week, she had totally lost her voice! At least she got to go home after the recruitment events, I heard that the actives were in the houses until 2 or 3 in the morning voting. CRAZY!!!!!

Nothing like getting phone calls in the middle of the night from a hysterical, sick, crying, stressed out daughter!

August, August, we want August!!!!! Where do i sign the petition?