GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,571
0 members and 1,571 guests
No Members online

Old 08-29-2009, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Actives Rushing PNMs They Know

x

Last edited by sherryanne; 07-26-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryanne View Post
During Day 1 of recruitment yesterday, an active invited me and another girl into the house. After a few minutes, another active, who happens to be my friend, comes up to us to replace the first active. Are the actives assigned to specific PNMs or assigned to replace the same active at every party? (In other words, was her meeting me accidental or deliberate?) I would've liked it more if someone else I didn't know had rushed me because then both she/I could get to know one another more. My friend knew my whole life story, so she asked a lot of questions to the other PNM, and I didn't get to talk as much after the first active left.
It could have been something that they did on purpose. Every chapter does PNM/active pairings differently. There usually is a system to it though (just to keep it organized).

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-29-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

In a sense, both. At least the way we did it in my chapter, actives are assigned to bump to other certain actives, but a lot of times whoever is running recruitment for the week will make sure that a PNM who knows a sister will see her. Generally, the idea is for a PNM to meet as many actives as possible, but also get to see someone she knows (and is reassured that her friend sees her / acknowledges her). If the recruitment is run well, for the rest of the week (if you return to that house) you may not see much of your friend, but IF you're there for pref, she may be paired with you. That's my guess anyway.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels&angles View Post
In a sense, both. At least the way we did it in my chapter, actives are assigned to bump to other certain actives, but a lot of times whoever is running recruitment for the week will make sure that a PNM who knows a sister will see her. Generally, the idea is for a PNM to meet as many actives as possible, but also get to see someone she knows (and is reassured that her friend sees her / acknowledges her). If the recruitment is run well, for the rest of the week (if you return to that house) you may not see much of your friend, but IF you're there for pref, she may be paired with you. That's my guess anyway.
Ditto. This is exactly what would happen in the majority of sorority chapters. If you make it to pref I can almost guarantee you that she'll be there (unless there is another woman at the same pref party that she knows better), but it's likely that the only contact with her during the rest of the parties until then (pending your invitation) are waves across the room and things of that nature.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

My experience is that if you make it to preference, your friend may or may not be paired with you. If you hit if off with another sister during the course of recruitment and the chapter thinks it might be beneficial to have someone other than your good friend paired with you, you could be paired with the other sister. It also depends on who else is coming to preference and who they have formed connections with during the course of recruitment.

HTH!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.