GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,054
0 members and 2,054 guests
No Members online

Old 07-31-2016, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Wichita State Recruitment?

Hello all!

Are any of you familiar with recruitment at Wichita State University? One of my close friends has a daughter who is going there this fall and she just told me today that she is planning to go through recruitment. I'm utterly pleased that she wants to pursue Greek Life and have give her some general information about sorority recruitment, but I'd love to learn more about the recruitment there. In particular, I'm interested to know how large and grueling the recruitment is, and also how critical references are there. My organization is not on her campus. She has one sorority member who has agreed to write a reference (can't remember which one) and I'd like to know how critical it is that she secure recs for the others and whether it's a school where she might need multiple recs.

This is a young woman that I would absolutely, wholeheartedly recommend to Kappa Delta, and I really would like to support her interest in Greek life as best I can in 5-6 weeks she has before recruitment starts.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-01-2016, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Your general information will be a great help to her. I know nothing about WSU recruitment, nor can I think of anyone off hand who is. Hopefully there is some sorority member who is. Anyone?
Old 08-01-2016, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

It's not a hard core recruitment. I would get recs for all the groups as some do require them and they are a great intro. General recruitment info such as look your best, act your best, clean up your social media,keep an open mind, etc should work well for her.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm hoping for expansion at WSU (go shockers!) soon. It's a great little school and a great alternative to the 2 flagship schools, KU and KSU.
Rush is always competitive when it's you rushing. Even at smaller schools I would always counsel against getting her hopes set on one chapter or taking an all or nothing attitude.This is a contrived way to make friends, not Dancing With The Stars. There are no winners and losers here. She can choose to be happy in any chapter there.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello! I am a Delta Gamma from Wichita State University! There are 5 NPC groups at WSU; Delta Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta, Alpha Phi, Delta Delta Delta, and Kappa Kappa Gamma. Recruitment will start mid-September and is done in the evening. All of the chapters are good - your PNM will find a great sisterhood and leadership opportunities in all of the groups. This is NOT an SEC recruitment but I believe most, if not all, of these organizations require some kind of reference to be considered for membership. Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you DWTT.