GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Delta Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,503
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, aidanpitt256
» Online Users: 2,186
1 members and 2,185 guests
Pinkmagnolia921

Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

White and Davis were good alright, but not even close to the Canadians Moir and Virtue. They were fantastic.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stufield View Post
What, you think the only proper place to be using even the most basic elements of proper grammar is on a thesis paper!!!

I allowed for the fact that this is an informal forum in not also commenting on your improper use of 3rd rather than third (in formal writing, all numbers below 11 are always spelled out in full). But using "her" rather than "she" in the nominative (i.e., as the subject of the verb) is NEVER correct, as any college student and sorority member should know (I'm sure that your sorority, whichever one it is, emphasizes scholarship as one of its primary features or objectives).
Dude, what is your problem?! No one asked you to step in and provide a lecture on grammar. Shall we open the comments to your grammar?
1. Three exclamation points are not necessary.
2. Capitalization of NEVER is not correct.
3. You use far too many parenthesis.
4. Since the last sentence of your first quote is an entire sentence inside of a parentheses, the period belongs inside of the parentheses. Or, it can be viewed as a run-on sentence. Take your pick.
Those comments are off the top of my head. I'm sure I can analyze further and find more mistakes.

Quote:
White and Davis were good alright, but not even close to the Canadians Moir and Virtue. They were fantastic.
"If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all." Thumper, 1942
This is not a thread discussing the intricacies of the sport of ice dancing or what team performed better. This is a thread congratulating a Tri Delta. Start a thread on ice dancing if you would like to discuss other performers.

Also, YAY FOR MERYL AND CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What, you think the only proper place to be using even the most basic elements of proper grammar is on a thesis paper!!!

I allowed for the fact that this is an informal forum in not also commenting on your improper use of 3rd rather than third (in formal writing, all numbers below 11 are always spelled out in full). But using "her" rather than "she" in the nominative (i.e., as the subject of the verb) is NEVER correct, as any college student and sorority member should know (I'm sure that your sorority, whichever one it is, emphasizes scholarship as one of its primary features or objectives).
Isn't it ironic?

If you're trying to teach people grammar, begin your lecture with a proper sentence.

Quote:
Like DolphinChicaDDD said, this isn't really the place for such comments. You could learn a great deal about social grace and manners from the lovely Meryl Davis.

Last edited by ThetaDancer; 02-25-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinChicaDDD View Post
Dude, what is your problem?! No one asked you to step in and provide a lecture on grammar. Shall we open the comments to your grammar?
1. Three exclamation points are not necessary.
2. Capitalization of NEVER is not correct.
3. You use far too many parenthesis.
4. Since the last sentence of your first quote is an entire sentence inside of a parentheses, the period belongs inside of the parentheses. Or, it can be viewed as a run-on sentence. Take your pick.
Those comments are off the top of my head. I'm sure I can analyze further and find more mistakes.

"If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all." Thumper, 1942
This is not a thread discussing the intricacies of the sport of ice dancing or what team performed better. This is a thread congratulating a Tri Delta. Start a thread on ice dancing if you would like to discuss other performers.

Also, YAY FOR MERYL AND CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!
You're fabulous.
Is that proper grammar? Aint I missing somthin?
Hahahahahahha
Old 02-25-2010, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaDancer View Post
You could learn a great deal about social grace and manners from the lovely Meryl Davis.
Well said! Yay for the Greek world and for Delta Delta Delta and for Meryl Davis! It's great to highlight the talented women that make up our Greek membership!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-27-2010, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyj87 View Post
You're fabulous.
Is that proper grammar? Aint I missing somthin?
Hahahahahahha
Why, thank you darlin'!
Ur grammar iz sooper!!111!!!

I was talking with a Michigan Delta last night who rushed Meryl. She said Meryl is as sweet and polite as she is on TV. Which really made me happy; too often I wonder if figure skaters, gymnasts, etc put on a show for the camera because that it what we expect of them.

Last edited by DolphinChicaDDD; 02-27-2010 at 04:25 AM.